Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:13:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161012 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: March 20, 2015, 01:01:23 PM »

It sounds like Bushie made about $7,000 last year. That's more than I would have thought, but I guess that old man who employed Bushie at CADD job #1 did let him linger for a while even though he "just didn't get it." Why is Bushie not on food stamps also? It's obviously not out of a principled desire not to take handouts from the government because he just received the EITC.

There are strict limitations on what can be purchased with food stamps: restaurant food, hot food from the food bars/buffet counters that many supermarkets have are not eligible. Most of the items he could buy with food stamps would require him to cook. Also, a single male with no dependents wouldn't get more than a token amount anyway. However, candy, ice cream, and soft drinks are (for which you can thank the corn lobby, since in the U.S. these are usually made with high-fructose corn syrup rather than real sugar.
I wouldn't describe SNAP's limitation as "strict." You can buy pretty much anything that is edible and not hot/food bar. He could get lots of pizza bagels and frozen burritoes for the roughly $100/mo in food stamps he could easily get. Problem is, the money saved would be be Papa's and not his own, so he doesn't really care.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #501 on: March 20, 2015, 01:02:19 PM »

I can't give Jeff any crap about having the AC on already. I've had mine on for nearly two weeks since it warmed up considerably, although it's back to heat now thanks to a cold front. I don't like the heat and certainly can't sleep in it.

Then again, I pay my own electric bill ... so there's that.

It wasn't so much Bushie turning the AC on because it got warm that was the issue, it was the fact is was in the 50's when he did it.

In (possibly undue) fairness to him, it did get quite warm in the Plains states for a period of about a week, and then a cold front moved in. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and guessing that he didn't turn it on when the temperature hit 50, but turned it on when it hit 80 all of the sudden and just happened to tell the story after it had dropped again.

He made mention in his post Thursday morning that he turned it on early in the morning(around 545).  The low/high in Tulsa was 47/54 on Thursday
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #502 on: March 20, 2015, 01:05:18 PM »

I can't give Jeff any crap about having the AC on already. I've had mine on for nearly two weeks since it warmed up considerably, although it's back to heat now thanks to a cold front. I don't like the heat and certainly can't sleep in it.

It wasn't so much Bushie turning the AC on because it got warm that was the issue, it was the fact is was in the 50's when he did it.

In (possibly undue) fairness to him, it did get quite warm in the Plains states for a period of about a week, and then a cold front moved in. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and guessing that he didn't turn it on when the temperature hit 50, but turned it on when it hit 80 all of the sudden and just happened to tell the story after it had dropped again.

He made mention in his post Thursday morning that he turned it on early in the morning(around 545).  The low/high in Tulsa was 47/54 on Thursday

Is there a problem?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #503 on: March 20, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »

He made mention in his post Thursday morning that he turned it on early in the morning(around 545).  The low/high in Tulsa was 47/54 on Thursday

Is there a problem?

It's a bit absurd to put the a/c on when it is around 50.  Open a window
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #504 on: March 20, 2015, 01:30:59 PM »

Is there a problem?

It's a bit absurd to put the a/c on when it is around 50.  Open a window

I agree it's a bit unusual, but opening windows would send my allergies through the roof and make me very miserable.  It is pollen season in the Southern Plains and I have really bad allergies.  I take a generic brand of Zyrtec, and it works, but I don't want to tempt fate here.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #505 on: March 20, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »

He made mention in his post Thursday morning that he turned it on early in the morning(around 545).  The low/high in Tulsa was 47/54 on Thursday

Is there a problem?

It's a bit absurd to put the a/c on when it is around 50.  Open a window

I agree it's a bit unusual, but opening windows would send my allergies through the roof and make me very miserable.  It is pollen season in the Southern Plains and I have really bad allergies.  I take a generic brand of Zyrtec, and it works, but I don't want to tempt fate here.

(orders a Braum's mega combo with bacon)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #506 on: March 20, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »

fats get hot easily.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #507 on: March 20, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »

So, if you're so hot all the time, why can't you go walk if it's not warm outside? You've used cool weather as an excuse before, but I imagine AC with 54 outdoor temps is freezing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: March 20, 2015, 01:43:47 PM »

I had a safe trip to Shawnee and back.  I left at 0550 this morning and got home around 1040.  I laid down for a little while, but was only able to sleep until 1220.  I am currently watching Buffalo vs. West Virginia on TNT and at halftime, I will go in and start getting ready.  I will follow the same procedure as Tuesday by eating an early supper at 1445, changing into my shirt at 1515, having a prayer time at 1540, watching the news at 1600, and leaving at 1625.  I'm looking forward to another great night at work.   I now have an idea of what to do.  I still need lots of training and I hope to be a sponge again tonight, but I can go in having a general idea of what needs to be done.  I know tonight we will start cleaning things up at 1900, even though we don't close until 2200.  If we start cleaning early, we can get out just after 2200 instead of 2230.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: March 20, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »

So, if you're so hot all the time, why can't you go walk if it's not warm outside? You've used cool weather as an excuse before, but I imagine AC with 54 outdoor temps is freezing.

My body can go from very hot to very cold and vice versa in very little time.  That's why I switched from heat directly to a/c the other morning.  Although, I might add it was only on heat for about 36 hours and was on a/c all day Tuesday when we had highs in the lower 60's.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #510 on: March 20, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #511 on: March 20, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »

https://www.sprouts.com/specials/-/flyer/store/805

blackberries - 98¢ 5.6 oz pack
grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
boneless skinless chicken thighs - $2.99 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

if only Bushie had his discount card to afford these extravagant prices instead of having to save with a $10 combo from Braum's

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

EDIT: Although years of this Braum's talk has me curious.  I could only be disappointed at this point.

Those prices look like a dream come true. I just paid $3 for a 6oz pack of blackberries yesterday. I'd be in heaven if they were only 98 cents.

Wow, Dukey.  I didn't know you are the beneficiary of a South Carolinian plantation!  I guess the moniker "Duke" is quite literal.  Please hire me to work your fields, sweet prince.  I will only require some of your giant golden blackberries for sustenance. 

Must be so nice to not have to pinch pennies buying Mickey Dee's combos...  Oh the life of a rich. 

Lol, I was merely making a statement about how I wish I had prices like that here. I'm far from a rich or a beneficiary of a plantation. I'm the son of a Greek immigrant family. I'm just jealous the price of food seems to be so much cheaper, yet Bushie still refuses to buy groceries.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2015, 02:36:40 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

if only Bushie had his discount card to afford these extravagant prices instead of having to save with a $10 combo from Braum's

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

EDIT: Although years of this Braum's talk has me curious.  I could only be disappointed at this point.

Those prices look like a dream come true. I just paid $3 for a 6oz pack of blackberries yesterday. I'd be in heaven if they were only 98 cents.

Wow, Dukey.  I didn't know you are the beneficiary of a South Carolinian plantation!  I guess the moniker "Duke" is quite literal.  Please hire me to work your fields, sweet prince.  I will only require some of your giant golden blackberries for sustenance. 

Must be so nice to not have to pinch pennies buying Mickey Dee's combos...  Oh the life of a rich. 

Lol, I was merely making a statement about how I wish I had prices like that here. I'm far from a rich or a beneficiary of a plantation. I'm the son of a Greek immigrant family. I'm just jealous the price of food seems to be so much cheaper, yet Bushie still refuses to buy groceries.

Oh of course.  I was just poking fun at Bushie's decision to not buy exorbitant $0.98/lb grapes until he can get a discount by acting like your more expensive (but not crazy) blackberries must be the life fruit of the gods.   
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2015, 03:30:58 PM »

I have my preliminary schedule for Week 2 which runs from Monday, March 23 - Sunday, March 29, 2015.  I will have paid orientation in Owasso on Monday from 0900-1200 then I will be at another area store on Thursday, March 26 from 0500-1330 (coffee, please!), an all-staff meeting in Owasso on Saturday, March 28 from 0900-1300.  I will also open one other morning either Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday from 0500-1330.  She is finalizing that as we speak and I should have a voicemail by the time I get off work this evening.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2015, 03:38:29 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

Oh of course.  I was just poking fun at Bushie's decision to not buy exorbitant $0.98/lb grapes until he can get a discount by acting like your more expensive (but not crazy) blackberries must be the life fruit of the gods.   

He just doesn't know how lucky he has it. It makes me think he's even more foolish than I originally thought when he refuses to do anything on his own. He could eat so cheap if he just wanted to learn how to cook for himself!

He can even buy salmon for $7.99 a pound. It's $13.99 here most of the time!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #515 on: March 20, 2015, 03:38:48 PM »

Bushie, you should plan every meal you are going to eat for the next three days. You love making schedules. Schedule your breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three days in advance at all times and don't waiver. Not just the time but the actual food.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #516 on: March 20, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

He just doesn't know how lucky he has it. It makes me think he's even more foolish than I originally thought when he refuses to do anything on his own. He could eat so cheap if he just wanted to learn how to cook for himself!

I can't imagine Bushie even touching seafood. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #517 on: March 20, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

I can't imagine Bushie even touching seafood. 

Unless it's deep fried fish sticks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »

Bushie, you should plan every meal you are going to eat for the next three days. You love making schedules. Schedule your breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three days in advance at all times and don't waiver. Not just the time but the actual food.

I'll probably make a menu tomorrow before I go to Walmart.  I will go to Walmart after I get my oil changed and do my laundry, so I hope to go around 1700 or so.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »

Gotta go!!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2015, 04:29:42 PM »

Didn't you just get your oil changed?  You can't have driven 3000 miles already.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2015, 05:08:11 PM »

And you don't need an oil change every 3000 miles.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »

I'll probably make a menu tomorrow before I go to Walmart.  I will go to Walmart after I get my oil changed and do my laundry, so I hope to go around 1700 or so.

Don't the Wall Marts have oil changing, too?  
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2015, 05:18:52 PM »

Didn't you just get your oil changed?  You can't have driven 3000 miles already.
Bushie lives many miles from everything in Tulsa and has to go back to OKC for biweekly family dinners and for frequent Injun Healthcare. He probably drives 3000 miles every month or so.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »

I had a safe trip to Shawnee and back.  I left at 0550 this morning and got home around 1040.  I laid down for a little while, but was only able to sleep until 1220.  I am currently watching Buffalo vs. West Virginia on TNT and at halftime, I will go in and start getting ready.  I will follow the same procedure as Tuesday by eating an early supper at 1445, changing into my shirt at 1515, having a prayer time at 1540, watching the news at 1600, and leaving at 1625.  I'm looking forward to another great night at work.   I now have an idea of what to do.  I still need lots of training and I hope to be a sponge again tonight, but I can go in having a general idea of what needs to be done.  I know tonight we will start cleaning things up at 1900, even though we don't close until 2200.  If we start cleaning early, we can get out just after 2200 instead of 2230.

As both an hourly employee and a brand new staff member, why are you already thinking about how to get off of work "early?"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies