Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:06:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160961 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 21, 2015, 03:08:33 PM »

All you guys saying that bagel bites are just for kids are JUST PLAIN WRONG.  Fifteen years ago, they started marketing directly to under-16s, instead of their moms actually doing the grocery shopping.  NOBODY can say that 16 year olds are kids.  NOBODY.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #576 on: March 21, 2015, 03:36:38 PM »

There has been a little delay in the oil change.  My dipstick came apart and won't go back together.  So, they're having to run to a local dealership and get one.  He said they're only like $22 so it's not bad.  It'll just cost me more time.  I've been here for 2 hours already for a mere oil change...

Classic Bushie conundrum.  Let me guess...  now you'll have no time to possibly search for healthy food at Wal-Mart!  Gersh dernit!

I just deleted a post of mine that was written out of anger.  Yes, I am in a bad mood, but I am trying to calm down before I tackle my laundry.  I've only got four loads, so it shouldn't take me too long.  I have the motivation to do it, I just don't want to do it while I'm in a rotten mood.  I will calm down quickly.  I always do. 

Some of your comments today are getting to me.  I just hate that everything I do this forum calls childish.  I can assure you I act 32 years old most of the time.  If I don't, I act older.  I am not an idiot like the forum thinks I am.  I also hate being compared to another forum member.  That is an unfair comparison to either one of us and doesn't work.  It's comparing apples and oranges.

I am also trying to enjoy my job, but I got attacked last night for being too enthusiastic.  They also attacked Christians for being too happy all the time.  Since when is happiness and joy a bad thing?  It's good to get excited about the mundane.  It's good to be excited, optimistic, and consider ourselves blessed at every turn, because we are.  It is never a good thing, at least in my mind, to be pessimistic.  It's part of the fabric that makes up Christians.  Are things perfect?  Absolutely not, but we have learned to be content in whatever situation we find ourselves in and always look for the good in every situation and every person, even the worst situations.  Our hope and joy is on eternal things, not on temporary, earthly things.  That's why we can be so optimistic and happy and joyous.

You people are utterly frightening. 

I just wish he would eat like a 60 year old. A week of eating prunes could flush out ten or twenty pounds worth of years of undigested Braums bacon cheeseburgers.

Heh that's another thing, Bushie always picks the WORST things to be a senior or child in.

When you think about it, Inks was kind of Bushie's inverse, he was like a senior in ways where it's beneficial and responsible but still young in terms of his comfort with technology and modern day society. Now granted he was still the most insufferable killjoy imaginable but the guy who quit a job where he was literally getting paid to do no actual work because some people smoked pot there isn't much better.

Good point, BRTD.  Bushie is the type to make needless trips to the bank to badger the teller about the amount of money in his accounts (senior-worst) that are being filled by Mom and Dad (child-worst). 

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #577 on: March 21, 2015, 03:41:12 PM »

Work night 3 is underway, not that anybody cares...

We do... just be something close to normal about something for once.  Don't tell me for one second you look forward to this job.  It's boring.  You have to be on your feet.  It's manual labor.  This joyful glee about the meat job at the grocer is such a put-on.  Stop looking ahead to "moving up the ladder" and toil... and just admit you are doing this because things haven't worked out and you are making best.  

God damn we need opebo for this supermarket saga: (
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #578 on: March 21, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »

Work night 3 is underway, not that anybody cares...

We do... just be something close to normal about something for once.  Don't tell me for one second you look forward to this job.  It's boring.  You have to be on your feet.  It's manual labor.  This joyful glee about the meat job at the grocer is such a put-on.  Stop looking ahead to "moving up the ladder" and toil... and just admit you are doing this because things haven't worked out and you are making best. 

God damn we need opebo for this supermarket saga: (

I could tell you that, but then I'd be lying...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #579 on: March 21, 2015, 03:47:38 PM »

There has been a little delay in the oil change.  My dipstick came apart and won't go back together.  So, they're having to run to a local dealership and get one.  He said they're only like $22 so it's not bad.  It'll just cost me more time.  I've been here for 2 hours already for a mere oil change...

Classic Bushie conundrum.  Let me guess...  now you'll have no time to possibly search for healthy food at Wal-Mart!  Gersh dernit!

Not exactly.  The laundry only took an hour and 45 minutes, so now I'm about to make a menu and grocery list and go shopping.  After that, I'll be able to relax and unwind for the evening and get ready for Day 3.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #580 on: March 21, 2015, 03:59:20 PM »

Not exactly.  The laundry only took an hour and 45 minutes, so now I'm about to make a menu and grocery list and go shopping.  After that, I'll be able to relax and unwind for the evening and get ready for Day 3.

Why are you "maybe" buying fruit if you say you find them delicious?  Forget the veggies if you don't like them.  Get grapes, mangos, tangerines, apples, etc.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #581 on: March 21, 2015, 04:00:20 PM »

Bushie would have done so many amazing things today if only he hadn't had to waste 2 hours on a dipstick. He would have watched basketball on TV, knocked out a couple naps... just his whole day stolen from him!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #582 on: March 21, 2015, 04:05:57 PM »

Why are you "maybe" buying fruit if you say you find them delicious?  Forget the veggies if you don't like them.  Get grapes, mangos, tangerines, apples, etc.

I've got green beans, English peas, baby carrots, bananas, and oranges on my list.  I've made a menu that will include the veggies for the first half of the week.  I will make a menu for the latter half of the week probably on Tuesday and do the appropriate shopping then.  I don't want to get ground beef now and have it go to waste by Thursday.  I'll use my ground beef (AKA hamburger meat) for Monday and Tuesday.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #583 on: March 21, 2015, 04:08:37 PM »

I am #praying that Bushie also includes some healthy meat on that shopping, instead of just hamburger meat. 🙏🙏🙏
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #584 on: March 21, 2015, 04:10:11 PM »

Bushie would have done so many amazing things today if only he hadn't had to waste 2 hours on a dipstick. He would have watched basketball on TV, knocked out a couple naps... just his whole day stolen from him!

Eh, it was alright.  Like I told HD, I have a list and a menu made out for the next four days and I am about to go shopping.  I'm going to grab a bite to eat and then go on to Walmart.  It's only 1610, so I should be home by 1830 and be able to relax and unwind.

As strange as it may seem, I feel better about myself when I don't take a nap and I tend to sleep better at night.

As irked as I was about having to spend 2 1/2 hours at the auto shop, I actually feel like I've been productive today knocking out two major things on my list.  Walmart will complete the trifecta.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #585 on: March 21, 2015, 04:15:33 PM »

I've got green beans, English peas, baby carrots, bananas, and oranges on my list.  I've made a menu that will include the veggies for the first half of the week.  I will make a menu for the latter half of the week probably on Tuesday and do the appropriate shopping then.  I don't want to get ground beef now and have it go to waste by Thursday.  I'll use my ground beef (AKA hamburger meat) for Monday and Tuesday.

Meat can be frozen.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #586 on: March 21, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »

I am #praying that Bushie also includes some healthy meat on that shopping, instead of just hamburger meat. 🙏🙏🙏

The thing is, and opebo always reminded us this, that Bushie can have the hamburger meat if he wants if he can just cut out the bread and starch (french fried potatoes) or putting it in pasta ala his meat-sauced spaghetti.  Better yet, just buy a nice steak and learn a good recipe for marinade.  It would be nice if he went to lean chicken but he's not gonna do that. 

Bushie, have you given thought to ground turkey?  Take it from me, it's every bit as good as, and a hell of a lot better for you than, ground beef.  If I made you a ground beef taco and a ground turkey taco I guarantee you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Panda Express

« Reply #587 on: March 21, 2015, 05:59:21 PM »

The health comments I can understand.  I don't understand the childish comments.

you went to see Fly Me To The Moon in the movie theater.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #588 on: March 21, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »

The health comments I can understand.  I don't understand the childish comments.

No, I did not.  I saw Journey to the Center of the Earth.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #589 on: March 21, 2015, 06:20:50 PM »

The health comments I can understand.  I don't understand the childish comments.

No, I did not.  I saw Journey to the Center of the Earth.
Funny you mention that...I have read the book form of Journey to the Center of the Earth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #590 on: March 21, 2015, 06:23:46 PM »

Anyway, I am home from Walmart.  I got the stuff I needed to get.  There's no need to go over the receipt on the forum, but I got the stuff I needed and I got a few more healthy items.  Now, I can sit back, watch basketball, relax, and get ready for Day 3 tomorrow and Week 2 starting Monday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #591 on: March 21, 2015, 06:24:35 PM »

No, I did not.  I saw Journey to the Center of the Earth.
Funny you mention that...I have read the book form of Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Really?  Nice!  I honestly don't remember too much about the movie considering this was almost 7 years ago that I saw it (August 2008).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #592 on: March 21, 2015, 06:47:57 PM »

I work from 1000-1500 tomorrow and then I will immediately go into Work Night 4 as I will have orientation for the meat department at the Owasso store Monday from 0900-1200.  Tomorrow's shift is called a "mid-shift" as I will be there with those who open the store and will be there when those who close the store start their shift.  Work Days 1 and 2 were all about training to close the store.  My two shifts this coming Thursday and Palm Sunday will focus on opening the store.  This time, I will be at the Bixby store.  For those opening shifts, I will have to wake up by 0300-0315 which means I will have to go to bed around 2000 Wednesday and Saturday nights...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #593 on: March 21, 2015, 08:47:06 PM »

bushie hasnt been to a kiddie party lately.  hopefully the invites will start rolling in in the spring.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: March 21, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »

bushie hasnt been to a kiddie party lately.  hopefully the invites will start rolling in in the spring.

That's for 2 reasons.  1) The family I attend their kid's birthday parties are serving in Cameroon for 2015 and maybe 2016 and 2) I live 110 miles away from where they would be living if they were in the States.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #595 on: March 21, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »

Anyway, I am home from Walmart.  I got the stuff I needed to get.  There's no need to go over the receipt on the forum, but I got the stuff I needed and I got a few more healthy items.  Now, I can sit back, watch basketball, relax, and get ready for Day 3 tomorrow and Week 2 starting Monday.

So what was for dinner tonight?  And what do you have planned for dinner tomorrow?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #596 on: March 21, 2015, 09:48:54 PM »

Guys, there is no way on God's green earth that Inks is better than me.  No one on this forum is better than me.  Absolutely, NOTHING and NO ONE.  I am not an idiot.  I am an extremely intelligent man.  I act 32 years old most of the time and if I don't, I act older.  My food choices are not childish.  None of my choices as an adult are childish.  I resent so strongly being insulted in that way.  I ask that you never call me a child again or any of my choices childish.

Put this in the dumb Bushie file:

I had crackers and cheese for a little snack earlier using the sliced cheese singles that I bought last fall, but never threw away.  My stomach is cramping up big time right now so I got to looking at the expiration date and it said November 2, 2014!!! Almost 4 months!!!  Needless to say the rest of the cheese is going in the trash tomorrow when I can take it to the dumpster...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #597 on: March 21, 2015, 10:52:04 PM »

Being happy all the time isn't really what the early Christians were persecuted for.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #598 on: March 21, 2015, 11:54:35 PM »

the lack of news regarding the big wal-mart expedition is particularly ominous...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #599 on: March 22, 2015, 12:14:39 AM »

RIP Shopping List
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies