Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:57:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160954 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 22, 2015, 01:01:21 AM »

the lack of news regarding the big wal-mart expedition is particularly ominous...

Bagel Bites
Pop-Tarts
Lunchables
Smuckers Uncrustables
Trix
Chocolate Milk
2lbs of ground beef
Kraft singles
Kraft Mac n Cheese
Pediasure
Easy Bake Oven
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #601 on: March 22, 2015, 02:21:59 AM »

the lack of news regarding the big wal-mart expedition is particularly ominous...

Bagel Bites
Pop-Tarts
Lunchables
Smuckers Uncrustables
Trix
Chocolate Milk
2lbs of ground beef
Kraft singles
Kraft Mac n Cheese
Pediasure
Easy Bake Oven

At least, aside from the ground beef, the pop-tarts, and possibly the uncrustables/pediasure, all of that is good or at least O.K. for him.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #602 on: March 22, 2015, 03:01:10 AM »

I eat plenty of ground beef and I'm in terrific shape. Ground beef is a pretty good food choice so long as Bushie gets a decent enough grade, and IIRC his family usually chooses the lean 85 blend. (I prefer 90/10 for my burgers, but a lot of people use 70 -- ugh.) Besides, hamburger meat is always going to be healthier for you when you make from scratch at home.

Bushie's problem is sugar, not meat. Bushie needs more protein and less sugar. Fewer bowls of Trix, they're not helping.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #603 on: March 22, 2015, 03:21:06 AM »

Bagel Bites
Pop-Tarts
Lunchables
Smuckers Uncrustables
Trix
Chocolate Milk
2lbs of ground beef
Kraft singles
Kraft Mac n Cheese
Pediasure
Easy Bake Oven

Bushie got one of these?

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #604 on: March 22, 2015, 07:46:45 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2015, 07:58:33 AM by memphis »

Bagel Bites
Pop-Tarts
Lunchables
Smuckers Uncrustables
Trix
Chocolate Milk
2lbs of ground beef
Kraft singles
Kraft Mac n Cheese
Pediasure
Easy Bake Oven

Bushie got one of these?

I believe he requires assistence from his parents to use it though.
In other Update news: http://www.theonion.com/articles/scientists-discover-eating-serves-function-other-t,38230/
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #605 on: March 22, 2015, 08:01:31 AM »

You can't expect him to buy healthy food on the same day that his dipstick broke.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #606 on: March 22, 2015, 08:10:48 AM »

Good Sunday Morning!  I woke up at 0640, got a shower, ate breakfast, and watched Dr. Charles Stanley until 0800.  Since I can't go to church this morning, it was imperative that I get a worship service and hear from my God some how.  I will leave here at 0925 for work.  I will get off at 1500, and then have to go see a friend who is in the hospital up here, so it will be after 1600 before I get home.  If I'm not too tired, I would like to go to church tonight.  I will go to bed around 2300 tonight so I can be up by 0630 in the morning to go to the meat department orientation tomorrow from 0900-1200.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #607 on: March 22, 2015, 08:45:13 AM »

Good Sunday Morning!  I woke up at 0640, got a shower, ate breakfast, and watched Dr. Charles Stanley until 0800.  Since I can't go to church this morning, it was imperative that I get a worship service and hear from my God some how.  I will leave here at 0925 for work.  I will get off at 1500, and then have to go see a friend who is in the hospital up here, so it will be after 1600 before I get home.  If I'm not too tired, I would like to go to church tonight.  I will go to bed around 2300 tonight so I can be up by 0630 in the morning to go to the meat department orientation tomorrow from 0900-1200.

Well, your god certainly knows how to rock a leather jacket.  Swaggalicious. 

On a side note, why do so many preachers refer to themselves as "Dr."? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: March 22, 2015, 08:48:59 AM »

First off, Dr. Stanley is not my God.  He's just a preacher.

Second, most preachers go to seminaries and get a Masters of Divinity (or M-Div) and then a Doctorate of Ministry.  They have Dr. in their title in much the same fashion as someone who gets a PhD or other doctorate at a graduate school.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #609 on: March 22, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »

First off, Dr. Stanley is not my God.  He's just a preacher.

Second, most preachers go to seminaries and get a Masters of Divinity (or M-Div) and then a Doctorate of Ministry.  They have Dr. in their title in much the same fashion as someone who gets a PhD or other doctorate at a graduate school.

No sh**t. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #610 on: March 22, 2015, 09:10:15 AM »

So I assume that last night was actually your third cheat meal of the week (since you didn't say anything about making your own dinner), thus exceeding your own generous quota for cheat meals?

And I assume that whatever you bought at the store was more unhealthy stuff like bagel bits, or whatever they're called?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: March 22, 2015, 09:12:29 AM »

So I assume that last night was actually your third cheat meal of the week (since you didn't say anything about making your own dinner), thus exceeding your own generous quota for cheat meals?

And I assume that whatever you bought at the store was more unhealthy stuff like bagel bits, or whatever they're called?

I did go out and have Mexican food last night.  Nothing wrong with that.

I said I'm not going to go over my receipt.  There's no point other than to bash me over the head.  I did not get any Bagel Bites, though.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #612 on: March 22, 2015, 09:15:58 AM »

I said I'm not going to go over my receipt.  There's no point other than to bash me over the head.  I did not get any Bagel Bites, though.

That bad, eh? 

Literally one page back I said the dipstick conundrum was just an excuse and you said Poppycock!  You do understand that after 22 seasons of Update you are entirely predictable, right? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: March 22, 2015, 09:18:52 AM »

It's just about time to head off to work for Day 3.  This should be a relatively easy day as I am neither opening nor closing.  It will likely be busy today as people want to get their food for the coming week, but it should be relatively easy.  I've only got 5 hours today to close out Week 1.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: March 22, 2015, 09:20:35 AM »

That bad, eh? 

Literally one page back I said the dipstick conundrum was just an excuse and you said Poppycock!  You do understand that after 22 seasons of Update you are entirely predictable, right? 

I can assure you there was a mixture of vegetables, fruit, meat, and pleasure food.  The most unhealthy thing I bought was donuts for this morning's breakfast.  The healthiest thing I bought were baby carrots and fresh mandarins.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: March 22, 2015, 09:35:20 AM »

bushie is in a bad mood.  clearly dreading the workday.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #616 on: March 22, 2015, 09:36:54 AM »

That bad, eh? 

I can assure you there was a mixture of vegetables, fruit, meat, and pleasure food.  The most unhealthy thing I bought was donuts for this morning's breakfast.  The healthiest thing I bought were baby carrots and fresh mandarins.

Good on the fruits/veggies.

Pleasure food?  Oh I can only imagine. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #617 on: March 22, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »

Except that the rules of your "diet" say that you can only have two "cheat meals" a week, but you're apparently having more than that.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #618 on: March 22, 2015, 10:17:05 AM »

Except that the rules of your "diet" say that you can only have two "cheat meals" a week, but you're apparently having more than that.

There is absolutely no diet. 
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #619 on: March 22, 2015, 10:32:36 AM »

cheat meals = no diet
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #620 on: March 22, 2015, 10:53:33 AM »

That's why I use scare quotes, and call it a "diet" rather than a diet.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #621 on: March 22, 2015, 11:17:49 AM »

every meal he has is a cheat meal.

but come him some slack...his dipstick broke yesterday.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #622 on: March 22, 2015, 11:20:13 AM »

mandarin oranges aren't considered a pleasure food? I could eat 10 in one sitting
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #623 on: March 22, 2015, 01:33:05 PM »

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #624 on: March 22, 2015, 01:33:27 PM »

mandarin oranges aren't considered a pleasure food? I could eat 10 in one sitting

oranges are really a gift from god
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies