Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:45:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160062 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 22, 2015, 02:24:49 PM »

mandarin oranges aren't considered a pleasure food? I could eat 10 in one sitting

Considering how beaten into submission Bushie's tastebuds have been by years of fats and sugars, oranges are probably revoltingly sour to him. He'll need to a can of soda after each one just to get the taste out of his mouth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #626 on: March 22, 2015, 03:06:33 PM »

Work Day 3 is over!  Very good day!! I've got to run by and see someone in the hospital so be home later.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #627 on: March 22, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »

I am home from work for just a few minutes.  I stopped by and saw a good friend who was in the hospital and visited with this person for an hour and then came on home.  I will leave here in about 10 minutes to go to church.  It's been a while since I've been to church and I'm kind of dragging spiritually as a result.  I'm looking forward to it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #628 on: March 22, 2015, 07:18:49 PM »

I thought watching tv this morning took the place of church. Why do you have to go tonight?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #629 on: March 22, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »

I like to go Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings.  I like to be there every time the doors are open if I can.  I'm old fashioned like that.  It's how I was brought up.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: March 22, 2015, 08:12:04 PM »

I like to go Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings.  I like to be there every time the doors are open if I can.  I'm old fashioned like that.  It's how I was brought up.

I'm pretty sure most laymen even in ye olden times didn't spend their entire Sundays in church.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #631 on: March 22, 2015, 08:17:38 PM »

I've got 3 days of work under my belt and I can honestly say I have made a lot of progress since I started last Tuesday evening.  I am getting more comfortable especially with working the counter.  I am doing a better job of getting and weighing what the customer wants, then wrapping it and putting a price sticker on the package.  My wrapping is not necessarily clean and smooth, but that will come in time.  I still have trouble determining the size of both the Atlantic salmon and the sockeye salmon, but I have even made a lot of progress on that.  I also got experience wrapping the chicken that goes out in the display.  I know how to rotate the chicken (putting the older chicken on top of the newer chicken).  I am also getting better at keeping the display stocked, as well.  There is never any downtime.  Our motto is "If there is time to lean, there is time to clean."  If I am not helping a customer or restocking the display, I am picking up the trash or cleaning off the counter or doing something productive.  I never stand around for more than 45-60 seconds at a time.  I am by no means an expert, but I have skills now that I can take to the new store.  I will only get better in my two days of training next week at the Bixby store.  Again, I am not an expert, but I know how to follow directions when they are given.  I have been a sponge during each of my three work days.  This week we have had sales on the tilapia and raw shrimp and those have been flying off the counter as have the New York Strips as well as all kinds of sausage.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #632 on: March 22, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »

Bushie has a real gift for parroting company talking points. I hope he's half as good at actually doing his job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #633 on: March 22, 2015, 08:28:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure most laymen even in ye olden times didn't spend their entire Sundays in church.

No, but they went to church twice on Sundays and once on Wednesdays.  Occasionally the church is open for various functions throughout the week and I like to go when I can.  Sometimes we do things outside the church building.  Like this coming Tuesday, I am having dinner with a couple of the church guys at Buffalo Wild Wings and then on Friday evening, we are having a Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's.  (Those are my cheat meals for the week).  Yes, Christians can have fun, too.  In fact, I think we have more fun than non-Christians do, we just don't get sloshed and wasted.  We may have an occasional beer or a glass of wine, but we don't get drunk with it.  If people want to drink, they will generally have one, maybe two, beer(s) or glass(es) of wine followed by water the rest of the way.  I don't drink myself, mainly because I'm always driving.

I just completely chased a rabbit there, but unless it is a wedding of someone I don't know or am not invited to, or a funeral of someone I don't know, then I like to be at church when I can, but I like to be responsible with it.  If I have somewhere to be early in the morning, I usually don't go the night before unless it's early.  For instance, since I have to be at work at 5:00 am this Thursday, I will probably not go to church Wednesday night since we don't get out until 8:00 pm.  If I'm not feeling well on a Sunday and I have to make sure I get to work on Monday, then I will opt to stay home and take care of myself.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #634 on: March 22, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »

Bushie has a real gift for parroting company talking points. I hope he's half as good at actually doing his job.

I'm concerned about the meat wrapping issues in the above post, but otherwise its reasonable good to hear they have a lot of simple tasks for him to do so he doesn't start clockwatching.

Perhaps if Bushie tried making and eating some salmon he might know what a good portion is supposed to be, but a las, there's no time for that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #635 on: March 22, 2015, 08:59:33 PM »

I'm concerned about the meat wrapping issues in the above post, but otherwise its reasonable good to hear they have a lot of simple tasks for him to do so he doesn't start clockwatching.

Perhaps if Bushie tried making and eating some salmon he might know what a good portion is supposed to be, but a las, there's no time for that.

I have come a long way on the wrapping since the first day.  It will come with time and experience.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #636 on: March 22, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

"After my boss pointed out what I had done wrong and suggested ways to improve things so that customers won't be so disgustedappointed in future, we had a good old laugh about the situation."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #637 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2015, 09:26:14 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Oh god, these job updates are already sounding VERY ominous. Three days and he's still learning how to wrap and put stickers on meat??
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #638 on: March 22, 2015, 10:01:02 PM »

HAHA, we clearly were telling him the wrong way to prepare for the job. Knowing how to cook the meats? Even deciphering what each one is? That's more like a Week 7 skill! (God, please let Bushie still be working in Week 7 - prayer emoji)

We should have been telling him to practice by learning how to use saran wrap. And estimating weights...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #639 on: March 22, 2015, 10:39:30 PM »

Oh god, these job updates are already sounding VERY ominous. Three days and he's still learning how to wrap and put stickers on meat??

I'm doing a good job at it and I'm making sure the entire package is closed and sealed.  I'm learning, but I'm doing great.  Please don't keep voicing your unfounded concern.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:22 PM »

I am being very truthful and very realistic when I say I am doing just fine.  It's actually kind of fun filling the customers' orders.  My soreness has decreased dramatically.  I am not near as sore after a shift as I was the first night.  My feet don't even hurt that bad.  They still hurt, but not near as bad.  It will be interesting when I work a full 8 hour shift this week, but I will get breaks every two hours so I'm not worried a bit about it.  The thing is, the managers I have worked with have been very pleased with my work this last week.  I expect more improvement in Week 2.  I am also really enjoying this job quite a bit.  I have found no red flags.  I think I may have found something that could legitimately have longevity to it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #641 on: March 22, 2015, 11:01:36 PM »

ugh the writers are really laying on thick the foreshadowing for the surprise negative performance review...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #642 on: March 22, 2015, 11:02:25 PM »

ugh the writers are really laying on thick the foreshadowing for the surprise negative performance review...

No need to panic.  I'm doing just fine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #643 on: March 22, 2015, 11:17:49 PM »

Tomorrow, I've got meat department orientation at the Owasso store from 9-12.  I am calling it Work Day 4 as I will be paid for it.  I have no idea what they'll cover in the orientation, but I will let you all know when I get home.  My next day of actual work is Thursday when I have to be up at 3 am to be at work by 4:45 am.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #644 on: March 23, 2015, 12:12:51 AM »

No, but they went to church twice on Sundays and once on Wednesdays.  Occasionally the church is open for various functions throughout the week and I like to go when I can.  Sometimes we do things outside the church building.  Like this coming Tuesday, I am having dinner with a couple of the church guys at Buffalo Wild Wings and then on Friday evening, we are having a Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's.  (Those are my cheat meals for the week).  Yes, Christians can have fun, too.  In fact, I think we have more fun than non-Christians do, we just don't get sloshed and wasted.  We may have an occasional beer or a glass of wine, but we don't get drunk with it.  If people want to drink, they will generally have one, maybe two, beer(s) or glass(es) of wine followed by water the rest of the way.  I don't drink myself, mainly because I'm always driving.

I just completely chased a rabbit there, but unless it is a wedding of someone I don't know or am not invited to, or a funeral of someone I don't know, then I like to be at church when I can, but I like to be responsible with it.  If I have somewhere to be early in the morning, I usually don't go the night before unless it's early.  For instance, since I have to be at work at 5:00 am this Thursday, I will probably not go to church Wednesday night since we don't get out until 8:00 pm.  If I'm not feeling well on a Sunday and I have to make sure I get to work on Monday, then I will opt to stay home and take care of myself.

No you don't and don't say that because it's offensive and ridiculous. 
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #645 on: March 23, 2015, 09:34:58 AM »

Eh cut him some slack here tbh. I just started working the seafood department in addition to being a cashier at the supermarket I work at, and unless you've actually wrapped before (my manager used to work at subway) it's a pain in the ass to learn.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #646 on: March 23, 2015, 10:31:54 AM »

I've got 3 days of work under my belt and I can honestly say I have made a lot of progress since I started last Tuesday evening.  I am getting more comfortable especially with working the counter.  I am doing a better job of getting and weighing what the customer wants, then wrapping it and putting a price sticker on the package.  My wrapping is not necessarily clean and smooth, but that will come in time.  I still have trouble determining the size of both the Atlantic salmon and the sockeye salmon, but I have even made a lot of progress on that.  I also got experience wrapping the chicken that goes out in the display.  I know how to rotate the chicken (putting the older chicken on top of the newer chicken).  I am also getting better at keeping the display stocked, as well.  There is never any downtime.  Our motto is "If there is time to lean, there is time to clean."  If I am not helping a customer or restocking the display, I am picking up the trash or cleaning off the counter or doing something productive.  I never stand around for more than 45-60 seconds at a time.  I am by no means an expert, but I have skills now that I can take to the new store.  I will only get better in my two days of training next week at the Bixby store.  Again, I am not an expert, but I know how to follow directions when they are given.  I have been a sponge during each of my three work days.  This week we have had sales on the tilapia and raw shrimp and those have been flying off the counter as have the New York Strips as well as all kinds of sausage.

Sigged.  This is art. 
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #647 on: March 23, 2015, 11:31:26 AM »

RIP Job Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #648 on: March 23, 2015, 11:32:39 AM »

I wish Bushie was the meat man at my grocery store. Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #649 on: March 23, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

Bushie's updates on his job are always great for their optimism with ironic sense of impending doom.

The update is like if Oscar Wilde wrote a parody of an Horatio Alger novel.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies