Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:13:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160853 times)
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: March 23, 2015, 11:58:59 AM »

I like to go Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings.  I like to be there every time the doors are open if I can.  I'm old fashioned like that.  It's how I was brought up.

I'm pretty sure most laymen even in ye olden times didn't spend their entire Sundays in church.

No, but they went to church twice on Sundays and once on Wednesdays.  Occasionally the church is open for various functions throughout the week and I like to go when I can.  Sometimes we do things outside the church building.  Like this coming Tuesday, I am having dinner with a couple of the church guys at Buffalo Wild Wings and then on Friday evening, we are having a Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's.  (Those are my cheat meals for the week).  Yes, Christians can have fun, too.  In fact, I think we have more fun than non-Christians do, we just don't get sloshed and wasted.  We may have an occasional beer or a glass of wine, but we don't get drunk with it.  If people want to drink, they will generally have one, maybe two, beer(s) or glass(es) of wine followed by water the rest of the way.  I don't drink myself, mainly because I'm always driving.

I just completely chased a rabbit there, but unless it is a wedding of someone I don't know or am not invited to, or a funeral of someone I don't know, then I like to be at church when I can, but I like to be responsible with it.  If I have somewhere to be early in the morning, I usually don't go the night before unless it's early.  For instance, since I have to be at work at 5:00 am this Thursday, I will probably not go to church Wednesday night since we don't get out until 8:00 pm.  If I'm not feeling well on a Sunday and I have to make sure I get to work on Monday, then I will opt to stay home and take care of myself.

Since when were Christianity and temperance the same thing? I've known plenty of religious boozers.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #651 on: March 23, 2015, 12:02:05 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2015, 12:05:41 PM by HockeyDude »

Bushie's updates on his job are always great for their optimism with ironic sense of impending doom.

The update is like if Oscar Wilde wrote a parody of an Horatio Alger novel.

It's not the whole thing.  Just that line.  I can't even put my finger on why it's such a great piece of biographical literature but I know it is.  So innocent yet so stupid.  So descriptive but so mundane.  Such optimism over something that deserves no optimism.  I love the "and putting a price sticker on the package" part.  It's like Bushie wanted to put an exclamation point at the end but restrained himself.  Maybe it's that a normal person would say "I'm getting better at my job.  What is my job?  Well, it's.....", but Bushie just combines the two ideas. 

We need some English professors to analyze this whole saga.  Preferably with a psychiatrist on hand.  
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #652 on: March 23, 2015, 12:12:06 PM »

I am home from Work Day 4.  Today was orientation at the Owasso store.  We were given a packet with the detailed procedures of the meat department.  Each department got packets specific to their area of the store.  I still have to do some learning modules this afternoon, but it should only take an hour or two at the most and I will get paid for it.  After that, I am off work until 5:00 am Thursday morning.  I will be in Owasso again on Saturday for an all-staff meeting from 9-12 (maybe 9-1).  I will get started on the learning modules around 1:30 or 2:00.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #653 on: March 23, 2015, 01:05:38 PM »

I like to go Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings.  I like to be there every time the doors are open if I can.  I'm old fashioned like that.  It's how I was brought up.

I'm pretty sure most laymen even in ye olden times didn't spend their entire Sundays in church.

No, but they went to church twice on Sundays and once on Wednesdays.  Occasionally the church is open for various functions throughout the week and I like to go when I can.  Sometimes we do things outside the church building.  Like this coming Tuesday, I am having dinner with a couple of the church guys at Buffalo Wild Wings and then on Friday evening, we are having a Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's.  (Those are my cheat meals for the week).  Yes, Christians can have fun, too.  In fact, I think we have more fun than non-Christians do, we just don't get sloshed and wasted.  We may have an occasional beer or a glass of wine, but we don't get drunk with it. If people want to drink, they will generally have one, maybe two, beer(s) or glass(es) of wine followed by water the rest of the way.  I don't drink myself, mainly because I'm always driving.

I just completely chased a rabbit there, but unless it is a wedding of someone I don't know or am not invited to, or a funeral of someone I don't know, then I like to be at church when I can, but I like to be responsible with it.  If I have somewhere to be early in the morning, I usually don't go the night before unless it's early.  For instance, since I have to be at work at 5:00 am this Thursday, I will probably not go to church Wednesday night since we don't get out until 8:00 pm.  If I'm not feeling well on a Sunday and I have to make sure I get to work on Monday, then I will opt to stay home and take care of myself.

Since when were Christianity and temperance the same thing? I've known plenty of religious boozers.

And since when do non-religious people only have fun when drunk?  I haven't been drunk in probably over a year; I usually have just one beer or whatever because I'm typically driving.  Some of the best nights of my life I was sober the entire time.

Non-religious people clearly have more fun since there are fewer inhibitions and other worries about things that don't matter.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #654 on: March 23, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »

I like to go Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings.  I like to be there every time the doors are open if I can.  I'm old fashioned like that.  It's how I was brought up.

No, but they went to church twice on Sundays and once on Wednesdays.  Occasionally the church is open for various functions throughout the week and I like to go when I can.  Sometimes we do things outside the church building.  Like this coming Tuesday, I am having dinner with a couple of the church guys at Buffalo Wild Wings and then on Friday evening, we are having a Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's.  (Those are my cheat meals for the week).  Yes, Christians can have fun, too.  In fact, I think we have more fun than non-Christians do, we just don't get sloshed and wasted.  We may have an occasional beer or a glass of wine, but we don't get drunk with it. If people want to drink, they will generally have one, maybe two, beer(s) or glass(es) of wine followed by water the rest of the way.  I don't drink myself, mainly because I'm always driving.

I just completely chased a rabbit there, but unless it is a wedding of someone I don't know or am not invited to, or a funeral of someone I don't know, then I like to be at church when I can, but I like to be responsible with it.  If I have somewhere to be early in the morning, I usually don't go the night before unless it's early.  For instance, since I have to be at work at 5:00 am this Thursday, I will probably not go to church Wednesday night since we don't get out until 8:00 pm.  If I'm not feeling well on a Sunday and I have to make sure I get to work on Monday, then I will opt to stay home and take care of myself.

And since when do non-religious people only have fun when drunk?  I haven't been drunk in probably over a year; I usually have just one beer or whatever because I'm typically driving.  Some of the best nights of my life I was sober the entire time.

Non-religious people clearly have more fun since there are fewer inhibitions and other worries about things that don't matter.

It's amazing that Bushie can find no humility to admit even ONE negative of his hyper-Christianity as compared to the lives of others.  

Here Bushie, here's something I'm not as good at as an atheist...

1. I would've been less effective in the Navy during a dire emergency as an atheist than someone who thinks they are going to heaven due to innate psychological factors.  I fear the ultimate end in the face of danger. 

Your turn.  
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #655 on: March 23, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »

Stop, HockeyDude. Nobody cares.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #656 on: March 23, 2015, 01:45:11 PM »

No.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #657 on: March 23, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »

Bushie's updates on his job are always great for their optimism with ironic sense of impending doom.

The update is like if Oscar Wilde wrote a parody of an Horatio Alger novel.

Sigged!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #658 on: March 23, 2015, 05:36:19 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I laid down for a nice nap at 1345 and didn't get up until 1645.  I've got to be in bed somewhat early tonight.  No later than 2200 so I can get up by 0500 to leave for Shawnee at 0620 for my 0830 doctor's appointment.  I should be home by Noon or so.  It will be my last trip down to Central Oklahoma until late April when I go down and celebrate my birthday with my parents.  I will try to get up really early Wednesday morning, as well so I can be somewhat used to getting up extremely early Thursday for work.  I am going to watch the Houston Rockets vs. Indiana Pacers on NBA TV starting at 1800 and while I do that, I am going to do the learning modules for work.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #659 on: March 23, 2015, 06:04:10 PM »

Bushie have you ever studied for something without watching TV at the same time?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #660 on: March 23, 2015, 06:49:10 PM »

Bushie have you ever studied for something without watching TV at the same time?

He's been thinking about possibly trying a couple new study methods.  He was going to look them up online but he hasn't gotten to it, yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #661 on: March 23, 2015, 07:01:06 PM »

Did anyone see pigs fly by your window about 45 minutes ago?  I just used my stove for one of the first times in the 10 months I've been in this apartment.  I browned some hamburger meat and put over a big plate of nachos.  At Walmart the other day, I got some hamburger meat, Tostito chips, and a jar of that Tostitos Salsa Con Queso.  After I consumed the food, I got in there immediately and cleaned up the dishes and got them put away.  Now, I'm about to change into my pajamas as I finish the Rockets vs. Pacers.  The next package of hamburger meat that I get, I'll get from [redacted]!  Not a particularly healthy meal, but it did use the groceries that I bought the other day and I did not go out to eat or use the microwave.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #662 on: March 23, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »

I will put the TV on mute while I do these learning modules.  I don't want any sound competing with the sound of the modules.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #663 on: March 23, 2015, 07:03:42 PM »

I don't see what's important about that. I've seen elementary schools cook dinner for themselves.

It's not the importance, but that it is very, very rare that I use the stove.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #664 on: March 23, 2015, 07:11:16 PM »

Did anyone see pigs fly by your window about 45 minutes ago?  I just used my stove for one of the first times in the 10 months I've been in this apartment.  I browned some hamburger meat and put over a big plate of nachos.  At Walmart the other day, I got some hamburger meat, Tostito chips, and a jar of that Tostitos Salsa Con Queso.  After I consumed the food, I got in there immediately and cleaned up the dishes and got them put away.  Now, I'm about to change into my pajamas as I finish the Rockets vs. Pacers.  The next package of hamburger meat that I get, I'll get from [redacted]!  Not a particularly healthy meal, but it did use the groceries that I bought the other day and I did not go out to eat or use the microwave.

How does that even happen...?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #665 on: March 23, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »

I will put the TV on mute while I do these learning modules.  I don't want any sound competing with the sound of the modules.

Or you could have it... off?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #666 on: March 23, 2015, 08:08:04 PM »

hamburger meat, Tostito chips, and a jar of that Tostitos Salsa Con Queso

What is that, Cheat Meal #27 for the week?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #667 on: March 23, 2015, 08:14:57 PM »

There is no diet, so there are no cheat meals.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #668 on: March 23, 2015, 09:09:29 PM »

Whatever you do, don't tell Mama Bushie that you used the stove. She'll be VERY unhappy!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #669 on: March 23, 2015, 09:14:53 PM »

Nah Indy, a cheat meal is only when he eats out you see. Calories don't matter since preparing the meal with his own hands while standing, burns off all the calories of the food.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #670 on: March 23, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »

Whatever you do, don't tell Mama Bushie that you used the stove. She'll be VERY unhappy!

Actually, she was very pleased.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: March 23, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »

So, I get condemnation for browning meat for nachos?  Typical, but sad.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #672 on: March 23, 2015, 09:37:35 PM »

No, you get condemnation for consider nachos part of a "diet."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #673 on: March 23, 2015, 09:38:02 PM »

No, you get condemnation for consider nachos part of a "diet."

I never said that.  I don't deserve ANY condemnation for my choice of supper tonight.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #674 on: March 23, 2015, 09:42:17 PM »

As a proud Texan, Bushie's preparation of nachos is insulting to both me and my heritage.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies