Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:35:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161215 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: March 24, 2015, 09:00:09 AM »

Good morning, guys.  I see you have been busy condemning me over night.  Pathetic.  I'm better than your accusations and condemnations.  Anyway, I am about to leave for Shawnee to go to the doctor.  I should be home between 1200 and 1300.  I hope to have dinner with my church friends at Buffalo Wild Wings this evening.  Again, there is nothing wrong with hanging out with friends.  What would you want me to do?  Decline the invitation to fellowship with good, godly friends just because they are going to an unhealthy restaurant?

I think they'll be happy if you don't stuff your fat face with a double-bacon cheeseburger and fries, instead opting for one of the healthier items on the menu like grilled chicken and a salad or mixed vegetables. "Hanging out with friends" doesn't have to be an excuse for another cheat meal on your imaginary diet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #701 on: March 24, 2015, 09:08:31 AM »

I just got out of the doctor's office.  My diet is apparently so poor that he said I'm anemic.  He said I'm not getting the vitamins I need.  I'm not really surprised.  He's giving me a multivitamin prescription for it.  My bad cholesterol also jumped by 40 points since I had it checked a year ago.  He's also given me a nasal spray to help with the severe allergies.  My Zyrtec is having a tough time keeping up with the high pollen count.  The only good thing today is my blood sugar is perfectly normal, so still no sign of diabetes.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #702 on: March 24, 2015, 09:12:24 AM »

And yet you get mad at people when they criticize your food choices, when it's killing you.

While it's good you don't have diabetes, perhaps it's unfortunate that this won't be the true wake up call you need. You're not quite at rock bottom, yet.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #703 on: March 24, 2015, 09:16:03 AM »

I just got out of the doctor's office.  My diet is apparently so poor that he said I'm anemic.  He said I'm not getting the vitamins I need.  I'm not really surprised.  He's giving me a multivitamin prescription for it.  My bad cholesterol also jumped by 40 points since I had it checked a year ago.  He's also given me a nasal spray to help with the severe allergies.  My Zyrtec is having a tough time keeping up with the high pollen count.  The only good thing today is my blood sugar is perfectly normal, so still no sign of diabetes.

Do you have any idea what kind of fire you are playing with here?  My relatively healthy and active father had to revamp his lifestyle because of cholesterol. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #704 on: March 24, 2015, 09:18:33 AM »

Good morning, guys.  I see you have been busy condemning me over night.  Pathetic.  I'm better than your accusations and condemnations.

Bushie, I'd be happy to never talk about what you eat again if you would do the same.  But you bring it up selectively, trying to dodge any responsibility for these goals you set for yourself.  You come up with these "no more than two cheat meals a week" rules, and when people doubt that you'll be able to do even that, you say something like "You have no right to doubt me."  When people then call you out on it when you fail to stick to it, you criticize them for "condemning you".

When you don't lose weight, you say:

I just need to regulate my food intake and I'm golden.

When I ask you how you're going to do that:

Then when we reach the moment of truth, and it's time to decide what to buy at the grocery store, you make a secret grocery list, and won't go into details of what you're buying, etc., etc.

This is all the usual pattern.  You make big plans, and when people doubt you, you tell them that "no one is allowed to say that I'm going to fail at this".  Then when you do fail at this, and we point it out, we're "attacking you".  Pointing out what you're doing wrong always goes from "scurrilous slur" to "old news that shouldn't be dwelled on anymore" without ever passing through the intermediate stage of "acceptable topic of conversation".

Why should we abide by your imposed "rules" of what's acceptable to talk about, if you're going to police discussion of your diet in such a silly manner?  You can always just stop talking about what you're eating if you don't like it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #705 on: March 24, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »

I understand the implications and dangers of high cholesterol.  I know I've got to make a change, a real bonafide change.  I'm going to try, but I won't post my food choices on the forum that way I don't get clubbed by the forum and I don't lash out in anger and falsely accuse.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #706 on: March 24, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »

I just got out of the doctor's office.  My diet is apparently so poor that he said I'm anemic.  He said I'm not getting the vitamins I need.  I'm not really surprised.  He's giving me a multivitamin prescription for it.  My bad cholesterol also jumped by 40 points since I had it checked a year ago.  He's also given me a nasal spray to help with the severe allergies.  My Zyrtec is having a tough time keeping up with the high pollen count.  The only good thing today is my blood sugar is perfectly normal, so still no sign of diabetes.

Clearly not eating enough nachos.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #707 on: March 24, 2015, 09:39:50 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2015, 09:42:23 AM by Monarch »

I understand the implications and dangers of high cholesterol.  I know I've got to make a change, a real bonafide change.  I'm going to try, but I won't post my food choices on the forum that way I don't get clubbed by the forum and I don't lash out in anger and falsely accuse.

*yawn*

You've been saying that forever. Yet I still don't see any damn meal plan while you still waste time labeling Work Day 7 and Work Night 6.5B.

You don't need to "make a change"; you need to make several changes. Here are the following changes you need to make:

> Eat real fruits and vegetables with every meal. Even when you go out to eat.
> Cut down red meat and eat other proteins like chicken, turkey, and fish.
> Exercise every day as much as possible. No pain, no gain.
> No cheat meals. Ever.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #708 on: March 24, 2015, 09:40:04 AM »

I understand the implications and dangers of high cholesterol.  I know I've got to make a change, a real bonafide change.  I'm going to try, but I won't post my food choices on the forum that way I don't get clubbed by the forum and I don't lash out in anger and falsely accuse.

Dude the time for trying is long gone.  You never eat healthy when you go out because you have the option and you can't help yourself.  It's like asking a heroin addict to go to their dealer with money and get weed.  You need support, therapy, a true methodology, etc.  Something.  There is absolutely no way you won't get a cheeseburger tonight and you know it.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #709 on: March 24, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »

I understand the implications and dangers of high cholesterol.

No, you don't.

I know I've got to make a change, a real bonafide change.

No, you don't.

No, you won't.

... but I won't post my food choices on the forum that way I don't get clubbed by the forum and I don't lash out in anger and falsely accuse.

OK, meet you back here next week when you're seeking praise for gaining and losing the same 3 pounds again. Enjoy the nachos.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #710 on: March 24, 2015, 10:28:04 AM »

Bushie, weren't you proudly taking a multivitamin that wasn't prescription strength? What happened to that?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #711 on: March 24, 2015, 11:34:19 AM »

Bushie, weren't you proudly taking a multivitamin that wasn't prescription strength? What happened to that?

It's like literally any little thing that could improve his health he simply will not do.  Bewildering.

EDIT: Healthy = uppity in Oklahoma?  Or maybe when Michelle Obama made it her mission these Okies were just done with it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #712 on: March 24, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »

It's like literally any little thing that could improve his health he simply will not do.  Bewildering.

I've been taking them, but my doctor said I needed to take them with a full stomach, otherwise they just pass through.  I've just been taking them with my morning medicine regardless of whether I've had food or not.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #713 on: March 24, 2015, 11:38:03 AM »

It's like literally any little thing that could improve his health he simply will not do.  Bewildering.

I've been taking them, but my doctor said I needed to take them with a full stomach, otherwise they just pass through.  I've just been taking them with my morning medicine regardless of whether I've had food or not.

So Morning Nachos then?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #714 on: March 24, 2015, 11:41:20 AM »

So Morning Nachos then?

Oh heck no!  I don't know what I'll have to eat right before I take it, yet, but apparently it doesn't have to be taken in the morning.  It can be taken any time throughout the day after a meal, particularly one with a substantial (yet still controlled) amount of fat.  That would probably be lunch or supper, then.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #715 on: March 24, 2015, 11:45:10 AM »

I am not going to publicly commit to any kind of diet plan or eating regimen.  I have found it is hard to stick to them and the only thing I end up eating is my words.  Those don't taste too good.  If I eat something earth-shatteringly healthy, or if I start having legitimate success, I may pop in and share it, but for every day meals, I probably won't share.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #716 on: March 24, 2015, 11:50:28 AM »

I am not going to publicly commit to any kind of diet plan or eating regimen.  I have found it is hard to stick to them and the only thing I end up eating is my words.  Those don't taste too good.  If I eat something earth-shatteringly healthy, or if I start having legitimate success, I may pop in and share it, but for every day meals, I probably won't share.

#MorningNachos is already trending.  Too late.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #717 on: March 24, 2015, 12:02:02 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2015, 12:07:38 PM by Lief 🐋 »

mmmm... #breakfastnachos

(of course for Bushie would have to remove the guac, salsa and olives, replace the eggs with a pound of ground beef, triple the sour cream, and get rid of those sinful, sinful cervezas off to the side)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #718 on: March 24, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »

I just got out of the doctor's office.  My diet is apparently so poor that he said I'm anemic

You didn't need to go see a doctor. We've told you this hundreds of times.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: March 24, 2015, 12:05:01 PM »

I just got out of the doctor's office.  My diet is apparently so poor that he said I'm anemic.

I knew my diet was in bad shape, but the anemia was a blind side.  I've always associated anemia with people on the extreme opposite end of the scale from me, being too thin.  I learned a new one today.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #720 on: March 24, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »

An exclusive diet of bacon cheeseburgers and sodas doesn't provide a full range of vitamins?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #721 on: March 24, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »

mmmm... #breakfastnachos

(of course for Bushie would have to remove the guac, salsa and olives, replace the eggs with a pound of ground beef, triple the sour cream, and get rid of those sinful, sinful cervezas off to the side)

And those chips look to be whole grain!   Ewwwwwwweeeee.  Can we get a bag of Tostitos up in here?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #722 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:29 PM »

I just got out of the doctor's office.  My diet is apparently so poor that he said I'm anemic.

I knew my diet was in bad shape, but the anemia was a blind side.  I've always associated anemia with people on the extreme opposite end of the scale from me, being too thin.  I learned a new one today.

I'm shocked. You're usually so knowledgeable on health issues.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #723 on: March 24, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »

Did you ever consider that these people are trying to give you good advice, and they get offended because you spit in their faces and do the opposite?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #724 on: March 24, 2015, 12:42:12 PM »

Also, is anybody really angry at Bushie when we tell him to eat a salad instead of nachos? I think the anger and lashing is a projection of ODF's feeling when he reads he cannot eat ground beef as a diet.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies