Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:59:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160837 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: March 24, 2015, 01:01:38 PM »

He's been doing a daily multivitamin but apparently it hasn't been working well because he's been doing it on an empty stomach. (Bushie, am I reading that right?)
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #726 on: March 24, 2015, 01:09:31 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2015, 01:27:53 PM by J-Mann »

Also, is anybody really angry at Bushie when we tell him to eat a salad instead of nachos? I think the anger and lashing is a projection of ODF's feeling when he reads he cannot eat ground beef as a diet.

I really wish Bushie would change his mind about stuff.

Here's a wishlist I have for Bushie:

1) 30 minutes of exercise a day
2) Daily pushups/situps/crunches (only 10/25/10 would at least do something)
3) Drink diet soda only
4) Have a daily multivitamin
5) Drink V8 V-Fusion or something to at least get some fruits/veggies in him
6) Cut bread intake

I think you are greatly overestimating both Jeff's abilities and the benefits of these types of activities at this point. Maybe he can think about these types of exercises after he's shed 100 pounds. Until then, cardio and basic movements ought to be his focus. God Himself couldn't get Jeff to do 10 push-ups or 25 sit-ups at this point.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #727 on: March 24, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »

A sudden increase in exercise for Bushie would actually be a very bad idea given his girth and general level of health (for want of a kinder way of putting it). There are certain risks attached. Which is a sad thing to type as normally this only starts becoming a concern to people in their 50s or so. Fortunately we can be sure that Bushie has absolutely no intention whatsoever of going down that particular path to inadvertent suicide.

What he needs to do instead is slowly increase his activity levels and to do so over the longterm. And ideally also decrease the amount that he eats (smaller portions, no seconds, a crackdown on snacking, no binge eating, etc). Small changes of that sort - if they become permanent - have an infinitely higher chance of helping him to deflate (so to speak) than what usually gets peddled here.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #728 on: March 24, 2015, 01:29:32 PM »

Let's stop all this silly exercise and diet talk. We know full well it makes no difference whatsoever. The only thing ODF can commit to is a shortened life span.

Here's a more fun topic: Jeff, what will you be eating tonight at BWW?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #729 on: March 24, 2015, 01:31:52 PM »

A sudden increase in exercise for Bushie would actually be a very bad idea given his girth and general level of health (for want of a kinder way of putting it). There are certain risks attached. Which is a sad thing to type as normally this only starts becoming a concern to people in their 50s or so. Fortunately we can be sure that Bushie has absolutely no intention whatsoever of going down that particular path to inadvertent suicide.

What he needs to do instead is slowly increase his activity levels and to do so over the longterm. And ideally also decrease the amount that he eats (smaller portions, no seconds, a crackdown on snacking, no binge eating, etc). Small changes of that sort - if they become permanent - have an infinitely higher chance of helping him to deflate (so to speak) than what usually gets peddled here.

Small change suggestions have been tried and failed. "Don't eat ice cream for a month."  "Get a salad instead of french fries with your burger." "Stand up while you watch television." All he refuses. You give Bushie an inch and he'll take a mile.

Your post will already be used by him to advocate that standing up at work counts as exercise and that nachos counts as a diet because at least it's not a cheeseburger. Or a diet where he brags he had one small poptart for breakfast.

He needs to go all in on diet and exercise or he might as well not go at all.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #730 on: March 24, 2015, 01:40:41 PM »

Bushie, weren't you proudly taking a multivitamin that wasn't prescription strength? What happened to that?

It's like literally any little thing that could improve his health he simply will not do.  Bewildering.

I've been taking them, but my doctor said I needed to take them with a full stomach, otherwise they just pass through.  I've just been taking them with my morning medicine regardless of whether I've had food or not.
Jeff... Come on. Your 32 and you are taking morning medicine. How did you not realize something is wrong with that?  You need to start taking some of our advice more seriously. You don't have to trust everyone who was lost weight.. But put some faith in those who really have accomplished. I used to be a super fat like you. I was 31 and 315lbs. Now a little over a year later I'm 210lvs and still dropping. Diet and exercise.. That's it. If you can't put in the real effort, you'll never do it. This isn't about trying to get life together so that you can get a good job, or that new car you always wanted. This is about adding years BACK onto your life.

You've subtracted so many over the past 2 -3 years. How much longer can you keep it up before you realize what you did, and that it is now too late.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #731 on: March 24, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »

Were he to actually make small incremental (and cumulative) changes to his lifestyle there's no doubt that it would do him the world of good. Reputable medical opinion would agree with me on this matter. But you are quite correct to say that he's unlikely to do this in a serious manner. Now, I would suggest that there are likely to be reasons for this and that he should see people about that... but hello brick wall. Alas.

He needs to go all in on diet and exercise or he might as well not go at all.

Most people who go on crash diets regain their lost weight with remarkable speed (the diet industry is essentially a scam, though so far a unique one in that Bushie has never fallen for it) for reasons that ought to be pretty obvious. I would submit that the man who struggles to avoid eating vast quantities of food that he knows to cause him headaches is perhaps unlikely to be one of the minority that keep lost weight off. As for exercise, he is in such catastrophically bad shape at the moment that going all in on it would be potentially fatal (though as he's more likely to convert to Islam than become a gym freak, this is purely hypothetical).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #732 on: March 24, 2015, 01:57:28 PM »

I wouldn't want him to go on a crash diet. That's basically what he tries to do now--escapades where he tries to go entire days eating a spoonful of Cheerios and Diet Dr. Pepper as his only sustenance.

He needs to cut the crap and start eating chicken and fish instead of beef, vegetables with every meal, and only fruit for dessert.  These aren't crash diets because once you get used to them they become palatable, but if all you want to eat is burgers and shakes then it'll never taste salty enough or sweet enough or fatty enough.

I am of the opinion that small changes are for people like you or me; looking to lose a few pounds in the spring gained in the winter. Complete lifestyle changes are what Bushie needs.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #733 on: March 24, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »

Let's stop all this silly exercise and diet talk. We know full well it makes no difference whatsoever. The only thing ODF can commit to is a shortened life span.

Here's a more fun topic: Jeff, what will you be eating tonight at BWW?

Oh I know exactly what he'll be having at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight.  I actually went to BWW a couple of times out in Chicago.  They actually all call it "B-Dubs" out there, which makes me think the place originated in the Midwest.  (Maybe J-Mann can fill us in on that)  I don't remember what I had because the whole reason I went was to get bombed while I watched the NY Rangers in the playoffs... but taking a gander at the menu...

YUM!  And you might be asking yourself if those are onion rings on that burger and the answer is YES!  Two beer battered onion rings right on top of the bacon cheeseburger with a Honey BBQ sauce.  Damn man.  I might have to scour the South Jersey area for one of these joints and have an onion ring burger while I watch Rangers/Kings tonight!  
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #734 on: March 24, 2015, 02:04:54 PM »

I just got out of the doctor's office.  My diet is apparently so poor that he said I'm anemic.  He said I'm not getting the vitamins I need.  I'm not really surprised.  He's giving me a multivitamin prescription for it.  My bad cholesterol also jumped by 40 points since I had it checked a year ago.  He's also given me a nasal spray to help with the severe allergies.  My Zyrtec is having a tough time keeping up with the high pollen count.  The only good thing today is my blood sugar is perfectly normal, so still no sign of diabetes.

You're anemic because you're too lazy, overindulgent and undisciplined to buy a few dollars worth of vegetables at the grocery store. So now the federal government is going to spend hundreds of dollars on unnecessary medication for you.

You really are America personified.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #735 on: March 24, 2015, 02:05:45 PM »

Here are some menu items at Buffalo Wild Wings if Bushie were at all serious about cholesterol, anemia, and losing weight:

ASIAN ZINGŪ CHICKEN SALAD
Crisp greens and cabbage topped with grilled, or cooked to order, chicken tossed in our signature Asian ZingŪ sauce garnished with mandarin oranges and fried wontons. Served with light Asian Sesame dressing.

MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
Lemon pepper chicken on top of fresh greens, wedge tomato, cucumbers, carrots, red peppers, onions, crumbled bleu cheese and Kalamata olives.  Served with a side of Mediterranean style bread, tzatziki-feta dressing and hummus.
View menu details

BUILD YOUR OWN GRILLED CHICKEN
Grilled chicken breast with your choice of toppings to make your own personalized sandwich, served with natural-cut French fries.
Pick any or all:  Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, Pico de Gallo, Pickle Spear
Then a cheese: American, Cheddar, Swiss, Pepper Jack, Queso
Sauce it up: Your favorite sauce or seasoning, Ranch, Bleu Cheese, Southwestern Ranch
Extras on top (for an additional charge): Bacon, Chili, Pulled Pork, Sliced Steak

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #736 on: March 24, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »

I wouldn't want him to go on a crash diet. That's basically what he tries to do now--escapades where he tries to go entire days eating a spoonful of Cheerios and Diet Dr. Pepper as his only sustenance.

He needs to cut the crap and start eating chicken and fish instead of beef, vegetables with every meal, and only fruit for dessert.  These aren't crash diets because once you get used to them they become palatable, but if all you want to eat is burgers and shakes then it'll never taste salty enough or sweet enough or fatty enough.

I am of the opinion that small changes are for people like you or me; looking to lose a few pounds in the spring gained in the winter. Complete lifestyle changes are what Bushie needs.

Bushie should probably take up smoking for a couple of months and see what happens.  If he was truthful about what he eats he would not have put on ~30 lbs in the last couple of the years.  Not that what he eats isn't fattening but he definitely reports less of it.  He needs an emergency curb of his appetite.  Doesn't have to be cigs.  He could probably curb his appetite and look more worldly if he gets a hookah or something... although I would be careful about letting anyone see it.  Clears your head, too.  I love the hookah bar once every few months. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #737 on: March 24, 2015, 02:11:46 PM »

Here are some menu items at Buffalo Wild Wings if Bushie were at all serious about cholesterol, anemia, and losing weight:

ASIAN ZINGŪ CHICKEN SALAD
Crisp greens and cabbage topped with grilled, or cooked to order, chicken tossed in our signature Asian ZingŪ sauce garnished with mandarin oranges and fried wontons. Served with light Asian Sesame dressing.

MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
Lemon pepper chicken on top of fresh greens, wedge tomato, cucumbers, carrots, red peppers, onions, crumbled bleu cheese and Kalamata olives.  Served with a side of Mediterranean style bread, tzatziki-feta dressing and hummus.
View menu details

BUILD YOUR OWN GRILLED CHICKEN
Grilled chicken breast with your choice of toppings to make your own personalized sandwich, served with natural-cut French fries.
Pick any or all:  Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, Pico de Gallo, Pickle Spear
Then a cheese: American, Cheddar, Swiss, Pepper Jack, Queso
Sauce it up: Your favorite sauce or seasoning, Ranch, Bleu Cheese, Southwestern Ranch
Extras on top (for an additional charge): Bacon, Chili, Pulled Pork, Sliced Steak

Bolded the things that Bushie will not even think about touching.  Maybe he can blend the rest into a slurry and dump it on top of some lettuce.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #738 on: March 24, 2015, 02:11:56 PM »

He needs to cut the crap and start eating chicken and fish instead of beef, vegetables with every meal, and only fruit for dessert.  These aren't crash diets because once you get used to them they become palatable, but if all you want to eat is burgers and shakes then it'll never taste salty enough or sweet enough or fatty enough.

Bushie should probably take up smoking for a couple of months and see what happens.  If he was truthful about what he eats he would not have put on ~30 lbs in the last couple of the years.  Not that what he eats isn't fattening but he definitely reports less of it.  He needs an emergency curb of his appetite.  Doesn't have to be cigs.  He could probably curb his appetite and look more worldly if he gets a hookah or something... although I would be careful about letting anyone see it.  Clears your head, too.  I love the hookah bar once every few months.  

You want Bushie to smoke hookah in Oklahoma?! They'll lynch for him being a no-good, terrorist-loving Muslim!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #739 on: March 24, 2015, 02:19:42 PM »

Also, is anybody really angry at Bushie when we tell him to eat a salad instead of nachos? I think the anger and lashing is a projection of ODF's feeling when he reads he cannot eat ground beef as a diet.

3) Drink diet soda only
6) Cut bread intake

I think you are greatly overestimating both Jeff's abilities and the benefits of these types of activities at this point. Maybe he can think about these types of exercises after he's shed 100 pounds. Until then, cardio and basic movements ought to be his focus. God Himself couldn't get Jeff to do 10 push-ups or 25 sit-ups at this point.

But 10 pushups/25 situps/10 crunches a day is absolutely nothing.  You can do that in 1 commercial break. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #740 on: March 24, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »

10 pushups for a 289 lb man with no muscle buildup is an impossible feat. He needs to walk/eat off a lot of fat first.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #741 on: March 24, 2015, 02:24:36 PM »

He needs to cut the crap and start eating chicken and fish instead of beef, vegetables with every meal, and only fruit for dessert.  These aren't crash diets because once you get used to them they become palatable, but if all you want to eat is burgers and shakes then it'll never taste salty enough or sweet enough or fatty enough.

Bushie should probably take up smoking for a couple of months and see what happens.  If he was truthful about what he eats he would not have put on ~30 lbs in the last couple of the years.  Not that what he eats isn't fattening but he definitely reports less of it.  He needs an emergency curb of his appetite.  Doesn't have to be cigs.  He could probably curb his appetite and look more worldly if he gets a hookah or something... although I would be careful about letting anyone see it.  Clears your head, too.  I love the hookah bar once every few months.  

You want Bushie to smoke hookah in Oklahoma?! They'll lynch for him being a no-good, terrorist-loving Muslim!

I said he had to hide it.

EDIT: Or he could call it a Jesus Lamp
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #742 on: March 24, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »

10 pushups for a 289 lb man with no muscle buildup is an impossible feat. He needs to walk/eat off a lot of fat first.

Some of the folks on The Biggest Loser are even heavier and can still manage to do pushups.  Granted, maybe Bushie might need to do 5 sets of 2 pushups each (as ridiculous as that sounds) to start off with, where each set is spaced throughout the day.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #743 on: March 24, 2015, 02:37:12 PM »

3) Drink diet soda only
6) Cut bread intake

But 10 pushups/25 situps/10 crunches a day is absolutely nothing.  You can do that in 1 commercial break. 

Yes, I can. He can't. And don't compare it to a TV show where a drill sergeant is screaming in their faces. Jeff needs that, but he doesn't have it. He'll never do a push up in his life. Ever. You want him to be healthier? He should start by walking.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #744 on: March 24, 2015, 02:39:46 PM »

3) Drink diet soda only
6) Cut bread intake

Yes, I can. He can't. And don't compare it to a TV show where a drill sergeant is screaming in their faces. Jeff needs that, but he doesn't have it. He'll never do a push up in his life. Ever. You want him to be healthier? He should start by walking.

How much exercise do you think he gets getting and weighing the meat, wrapping it and putting a price sticker on the package!?  I'm personally very impressed where he puts the price sticker on the package. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #745 on: March 24, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »

3) Drink diet soda only
6) Cut bread intake

How much exercise do you think he gets getting and weighing the meat, wrapping it and putting a price sticker on the package!?  I'm personally very impressed where he puts the price sticker on the package. 

One thing that I believe will really help is consecutive days of work, hours that add up to 40 in a given week.  I drop 3-4 pounds every 5 or 5 1/2 hour shift, but with the days in between, I revert back to my old habits and gain it all back.  The Grand Opening is a week from tomorrow, so starting next week I should get a lot more hours and have fewer days off, so that might actually aid in losing weight and keeping it off.  I will be working the standard 8 1/2 hour shifts, 5 days a week, so that should provide numbers that trend downward.  There will be days I may have setbacks, especially on the 2 days off during the week, but I'm hoping the consistency of the hours will prove to be a good thing.  Or, at least better than what I'm doing now.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #746 on: March 24, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, you don't.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #747 on: March 24, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »

I drop 3-4 pounds every 5 or 5 1/2 hour shift, but with the days in between

Remarkable! This man lost a pound of belly fat standing up for an hour.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #748 on: March 24, 2015, 03:29:31 PM »

So by the end of next month (assuming he still has this job), Bushie will have lost 100 pounds?!  Amazing!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #749 on: March 24, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »

I drop 3-4 pounds every 5 or 5 1/2 hour shift, but with the days in between

Remarkable! This man lost a pound of belly fat standing up for an hour.

Bushie should stop with the [redacted] and hop on making theoretical clickbait dollars.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies