Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:43:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160946 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: March 27, 2015, 08:43:46 AM »

Good times are happening and more good times are ahead.

Uh oh, isn't this usually the part where things start going horribly wrong?

I found something today in the meat department that I want to try one of these days.  It is their Bacon-Cheddar Chicken Breast.

Even by your definition of "diet"...

Honestly, Bushie could do a whole heck of a lot worse than bacon-cheddar chicken breast. It's a huge net improvement over the usual because it has ~0 carbs in it.

Is that so?  Are there real differences between types of carbs that the simple nutrition label will not tell you? 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #826 on: March 27, 2015, 08:56:21 AM »

I found something today in the meat department that I want to try one of these days.  It is their Bacon-Cheddar Chicken Breast.

Honestly, Bushie could do a whole heck of a lot worse than bacon-cheddar chicken breast. It's a huge net improvement over the usual because it has ~0 carbs in it.

Is that so?  Are there real differences between types of carbs that the simple nutrition label will not tell you? 

Carbs are carbs, all of them spike your insulin levels and cause you to retain fat. Whole grains spike it to a lesser extent than say, wonder bread, but it still does it. Carbs are fine for most people, but if you're Bushie's weight, if he ever wants to drop the pounds, he needs to stop eating bread. Cutting out a lot of fat won't do him a lot of good if he's still eating bread, pastas, burritos.

That's why fruit juices and the like are shams, because they're actually not that good for you. Some fruit is like berries, but others are just pure sugar, but people feel good about eating it because they're eating fruit and they've been told it's healthy.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #827 on: March 27, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »

Carbs are carbs, all of them spike your insulin levels and cause you to retain fat. Whole grains spike it to a lesser extent than say, wonder bread, but it still does it. Carbs are fine for most people, but if you're Bushie's weight, if he ever wants to drop the pounds, he needs to stop eating bread. Cutting out a lot of fat won't do him a lot of good if he's still eating bread, pastas, burritos.

That's why fruit juices and the like are shams, because they're actually not that good for you. Some fruit is like berries, but others are just pure sugar, but people feel good about eating it because they're eating fruit and they've been told it's healthy.

These days I just splash some fruit juice in the water for a little flavor.  8 oz of a cranberry juice has 36g of sugar.  It's insane.  I do smoothies now for my fruits.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #828 on: March 27, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »

Good Morning, guys.  I slept very well and for a long time.  I went to bed at 2200 and didn't wake up until 0840.  I've got a headache as a result of sleeping so long.  Oops.  Today, I need to do my laundry, pay my April rent, get my paycheck, and then go to that Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's this evening.  I will probably get started on my laundry at 1130.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #829 on: March 27, 2015, 09:40:20 AM »

Good Morning, guys.  I slept very well and for a long time.  I went to bed at 2200 and didn't wake up until 0840.  I've got a headache as a result of sleeping so long.  Oops.  Today, I need to do my laundry, pay my April rent, get my paycheck, and then go to that Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's this evening.  I will probably get started on my laundry at 1130.

Bushie, just do yourself a favor and wash down god knows what you'll eat with a beer for me. Tongue
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #830 on: March 27, 2015, 10:08:45 AM »

Bushie, just do yourself a favor and wash down god knows what you'll eat with a beer for me. Tongue

LOL!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #831 on: March 27, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »

This is a fantasy statement...
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #832 on: March 27, 2015, 10:24:56 AM »

This is a fantasy statement...

Oh yes, I forgot that Prohibition is still in effect in your parts. My apologies.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #833 on: March 27, 2015, 11:00:56 AM »

These days I just splash some fruit juice in the water for a little flavor.  8 oz of a cranberry juice has 36g of sugar.  It's insane.  I do smoothies now for my fruits.

There are times, of course, when you want fast-acting carbohydrates -- they're an important part of recovery post-workout. I eat a 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat mix because that's the ratio my body responds best to when it comes to gaining muscle and losing fat. But it's important to time your intake properly. Because carbs become energy quickly, you want to eat them close to the beginning of your day (oatmeal is great, recently I've been making a whole-grain pancake with breakfast) and after extensive exercise to bring the body's natural store of energy back to normal.

I avoid products with added sugar entirely (like "fruit juice"!), because sugar turns into energy so quick you can get high off it (as our favorite junkie Bushie does). Natural sugars like those in fruit are far better for you because they come in a complete package with fiber, which helps slow their digestion.

The nasty secret no one wants to tell you is fat is okay for your body. It's processed sugars and carbohydrates that make you fat. "Low fat" is just a marketing lie fed to you by the powers that be.

This is a hugely important point. Fat intake is very necessary for the proper function of your body, and number of fats are very good for you. I shed a lot of body fat last year when I upped my fat intake to that 40/30/30 ratio.

My fitness-oriented friends and I swear by coconut oil.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #834 on: March 27, 2015, 11:10:59 AM »

I would say swearing by certain foods is mostly placebo effect. The simple fact is refined carbohydrates digest faster than anything else and if you want to stay satisfied on less calories you need to be eating protein, fiber, and fat. If coconut oil is your fat of choice and gets you to stay on course, more power to you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #835 on: March 27, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

Yes, on my current diet I'm eating 45% fat/15% carbs/40% protein and have lost 15 pounds and feel fantastic. Fat in nuts, fish, eggs, healthy oils, etc is not bad for you at all. I'm even eating bacon and have lost weight.

Bushie could lose weight while eating all the chicken breasts covered in bacon and cheese he wants if he'd stop eating bread and sugar, but I know that will never happen.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #836 on: March 27, 2015, 11:50:28 AM »

Cranberry juice is low in sugar. That's why it also tastes awful, and is never sold straight, except sometimes in the "natural" section of the grocery. All that Ocean Spray stuff is only about 20% actual cranberry.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #837 on: March 27, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »

All berries are low in sugar because they have so much fiber in them. He could eat cranberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc, and he fine.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #838 on: March 27, 2015, 12:18:42 PM »

All berries are low in sugar because they have so much fiber in them. He could eat cranberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc, and he fine.

And what's great is that they are so DELISH!  My favorite morning smoothie is a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and splash of cranberry and orange juice, a cup of kale, and ~3 tbsp of flax/chai seed.  I then put in as much water as I need to acquire my desired consistency.  I sent Bushie a recipe for the same that included more grape-flavor as he described it as his favorite fruit but I know he never tried it.  And whaddya know?  A month and a half later his doctor is telling him he is nutrient-deprived. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #839 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:28 PM »

Wait, his doctor told him he was nutrient deprived?

I thought his indian doctors always told him he was in great shape and to not worry about losing weight?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #840 on: March 27, 2015, 01:06:03 PM »

Ah, food crank hour.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #841 on: March 27, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2015, 01:51:56 PM by Oklahoma City: 20 years later »

I thought his indian doctors always told him he was in great shape and to not worry about losing weight?

Yes, he told me I was anemic.  I looked at him a little funny at first, but he explained it and I wasn't a bit surprised.

He also said my bad cholesterol had jumped nearly 40 pts in the last year from 96 to 132 and my good cholesterol is 1 point below normal.

My blood pressure was slightly higher than normal, but still not bad.  My blood sugar was perfectly normal.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #842 on: March 27, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »

Yes, he told me I was anemic.  I looked at him a little funny at first, but he explained it and I wasn't a bit surprised.

He also said my bad cholesterol had jumped nearly 40 pts in the last year from 96 to 132 and my good cholesterol is 1 point below normal.

My blood pressure was slightly higher than normal, but still not bad.  My blood sugar was perfectly normal.

You were surprised at that news? Surely not!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #843 on: March 27, 2015, 01:58:43 PM »

Yes, he told me I was anemic.  I looked at him a little funny at first, but he explained it and I wasn't a bit surprised.

did he say anything at all about your super-obesity?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #844 on: March 27, 2015, 02:01:52 PM »

How many fruits and vegetables have you eating since Doc said you were anemic, Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #845 on: March 27, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »

How many fruits and vegetables have you eating since Doc said you were anemic, Bushie?

I've been eating two of the mandarin oranges each day.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #846 on: March 27, 2015, 02:06:12 PM »

Good. Diversify, too. Add some blackberries, strawberries, kiwis, anything. Really, eat as many fresh fruits as you like. Do not count calories with fruit. It doesn't matter. Whatever amount fruit is needed to satisfy  your sweet cravings, go for it man. You need the fiber, vitamins, and minerals more than anything.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #847 on: March 27, 2015, 02:24:57 PM »

Did you get the [redacted] discount card?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: March 27, 2015, 02:31:07 PM »

Did you get the [redacted] discount card?

Not yet, but I should get it during the Grand Opening week next week.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #849 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »

did he say anything at all about your super-obesity?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies