Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:51:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161141 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: March 28, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »

I believe the Biblical literalist types generally believe the Hebrew/Greek/whatever word for wine in the Bible always means a non-alcoholic fruit beverage, which they claim was super common back then and obviously what Jesus would have been drinking.

But then that's not biblical literalism... Jesus Christ SBC is a hypocritical sham.
I believe the Biblical literalist types generally believe the Hebrew/Greek/whatever word for wine in the Bible always means a non-alcoholic fruit beverage, which they claim was super common back then and obviously what Jesus would have been drinking.

But then that's not biblical literalism... Jesus Christ SBC is a hypocritical sham.

I can assure you, Greeks drank wine. We still do in church and after church.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #876 on: March 28, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »

where is bushie today...work or napping?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #877 on: March 28, 2015, 01:33:55 PM »

Baptist church is orderly and boring. Very much for little old ladies. It's the Pentacostals that go nuts.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #878 on: March 28, 2015, 01:49:06 PM »

where is bushie today...work or napping?

Practicing putting a price sticker on the package.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #879 on: March 28, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »

Good Saturday Afternoon!  I had a great all staff meeting.  I learned a lot of new things and met with the meat department for a few minutes and then got my schedule for GO Week.

Sunday, March 29 - 0500-1330
Monday, March 30 - 0800-1630
Tuesday, March 31 - 1130-2000
Wednesday, April 1 - 0400-1230 (Grand Opening Day)
Thursday, April 2 - 0400-1230
Friday, April 3 - 0400-1230
Saturday, April 4 - OFF
Sunday, April 5 - OFF

I don't know whose cruel idea it was to schedule me to leave at 8:00 pm on Tuesday and be right back to work at 4:00 am on Wednesday, but I thank this otherwise cruel person for giving me Easter Sunday off so I can worship my Resurrected Savior!!

So, with that, I have now entered Work Night 7!!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #880 on: March 28, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »

Baptist church is orderly and boring. Very much for little old ladies. It's the Pentacostals that go nuts.

Lately a lot of Baptist churches have started going nuts too. A lot of them have a "traditional" service and a "contemporary" service each Sunday morning.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #881 on: March 28, 2015, 02:17:49 PM »

Lately a lot of Baptist churches have started going nuts too. A lot of them have a "traditional" service and a "contemporary" service each Sunday morning.
Nuts is a subjective thing. A "contemporary" Baptist service is more likely to feature a Christian rock band than speak in tongues.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #882 on: March 28, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »

Good Saturday Afternoon!  I had a great all staff meeting.  I learned a lot of new things and met with the meat department for a few minutes and then got my schedule for GO Week.

Sunday, March 29 - 0500-1330
Monday, March 30 - 0800-1630
Tuesday, March 31 - 1130-2000
Wednesday, April 1 - 0400-1230 (Grand Opening Day)
Thursday, April 2 - 0400-1230
Friday, April 3 - 0400-1230
Saturday, April 4 - OFF
Sunday, April 5 - OFF

I don't know whose cruel idea it was to schedule me to leave at 8:00 pm on Tuesday and be right back to work at 4:00 am on Wednesday, but I thank this otherwise cruel person for giving me Easter Sunday off so I can worship my Resurrected Savior!!

So, with that, I have now entered Work Night 7!!

Season XXIII: Learning New Things About My Meat
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #883 on: March 28, 2015, 03:36:46 PM »

God made your schedule silly. The person who wrote it was just her puppet. Be thankful you don't have to spent Easter behind the meat counter.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #884 on: March 28, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »

My church uses grape juice too, and it's as liberal as you get (without not being mainstream).
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #885 on: March 28, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »

Bushie not getting scheduled on Easter was just God showing off.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #886 on: March 28, 2015, 06:10:22 PM »

are you getting paid by paper check? I know you prefer that method.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #887 on: March 28, 2015, 06:20:33 PM »

For the first three weeks, then it will go into direct deposit.  Contrary to popular belief, I actually prefer direct deposit.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #888 on: March 28, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »

For the first three weeks, then it will go into direct deposit.  Contrary to popular belief, I actually prefer direct deposit.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #889 on: March 28, 2015, 07:39:44 PM »

bushie likes paper checks because he likes to 'run errands'.  like any elderly he enjoys a trip to the post office and the bank.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #890 on: March 28, 2015, 08:09:15 PM »

bushie likes paper checks because he likes to 'run errands'.  like any elderly he enjoys a trip to the post office and the bank.

I love the thought of ODF holding everybody up at the bank as he pesters the teller over trivial perceived descrepencies in his checking account.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #891 on: March 29, 2015, 04:13:38 AM »

Good Sunday Morning, I woke up this morning at 0345 and am all dressed and ready for Work Day 7.  I am going to leave here at 0430 so I can start my shift at 0500.  I am looking forward to a fabulous day.  This is my last day training at a different store.  Starting tomorrow, I go up to "my" store permanently.  I will get off work today at 1330 and may take a short nap until 1545 before I wake up in time for a Fantasy Baseball Draft with some college buddies at 1600.  Today is also the beginning of a 6-day stretch for me, but I'm looking forward to it, actually.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #892 on: March 29, 2015, 10:20:56 AM »

Bushie, have you tried the new Cokes sweetened with cane sugar and stevia instead of high fructose corn syrup? I found their taste indistinguishable (although to be fair I didn't do a blind taste test or anything) and they are lower calorie without being full of chemicals.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #893 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »

Nah Harry he should only be drinking 0 cal. aspartame is the least of his concerns
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #894 on: March 29, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

Most churches these days have a traditional and contemporary service in my area.  Baptist churches are doctrinally strict but generally not super-formal here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #895 on: March 29, 2015, 01:38:21 PM »

Day 7 is in the books.  This job is still great and shows no signs of going downhill.  This was my last day at the Bixby store.  Tomorrow, I start full time in Owasso.  Time to drive home and begin Work Night 8!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #896 on: March 29, 2015, 01:59:03 PM »

It is a little bit concerning that every single thing is super peachy at Bushie's job. No job is perfect. That Bushie tries to paint such a rosy picture all the time makes me think that he's hiding something. Bushie, name something about your job that is less than perfect. Anything.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #897 on: March 29, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »

Memphis, not everything is perfect, but I am enjoying everything about the job so far.  The only thing that sucks is getting up not too long after midnight at 2 or 3 am, but even that is getting easier and isn't that bad.  I signed up for it and was warned in the interview before I was even hired to expect 4 am shifts, so I can't really complain.  I just get rewarded for it by getting off at 12:30 pm.  The worst part is not getting up early, but having to go to bed before sunset.  Still, even that isn't that bad.  I'm not lying saying I enjoy everything about this job.  It really shouldn't be that worrying, either.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #898 on: March 29, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »

It is a little bit concerning that every single thing is super peachy at Bushie's job. No job is perfect. That Bushie tries to paint such a rosy picture all the time makes me think that he's hiding something. Bushie, name something about your job that is less than perfect. Anything.

Maybe the problem isn't with Bushie, but with [redacted]. I mean, how much of a market could there really be for a grocery store like that in exurban Oklahoma? All they care about up there is getting their processed corn syrup for as cheap as possible. And they already have Walmart for that.

It'll start with them trying to reduce people's hours and then Jeff will start getting Sundays off and be happy about that. Then they'll start giving him Fridays off too and then, woohoo, three day weekend every weekend! And then one day he'll pull into the parking lot only to find that the lights are off and the place is completely shuttered and his last paycheck is mysteriously missing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #899 on: March 29, 2015, 02:31:05 PM »

Maybe the problem isn't with Bushie, but with [redacted]. I mean, how much of a market could there really be for a grocery store like that in exurban Oklahoma? All they care about up there is getting their processed corn syrup for as cheap as possible. And they already have Walmart for that.

It'll start with them trying to reduce people's hours and then Jeff will start getting Sundays off and be happy about that. Then they'll start giving him Fridays off too and then, woohoo, three day weekend every weekend! And then one day he'll pull into the parking lot only to find that the lights are off and the place is completely shuttered and his last paycheck is mysteriously missing.

You'd be surprised, but all the [redacted] stores are packed nearly all the time.  They are very successful in both OKC and Tulsa.  Even in Oklahoma more and more people are becoming conscious about what they eat.  They are becoming more and more conscious about what goes into their food and what their meat was given in its life.  They also like the freshness that [redacted] provides.  We are much more fresh than Walmart or a typical grocery store.  The biggest thing is people don't have to burn their entire paychecks to eat healthy.  We have ridiculously low prices and have sales all the time.  This company is about to open their 4th store in OKC and are trying to purchase land in Sapulpa (SW suburb of Tulsa) for their 5th store in the Tulsa area.  This company is very successful and there's no signs of it going down hill.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies