Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160483 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: March 29, 2015, 02:36:58 PM »

It is a little bit concerning that every single thing is super peachy at Bushie's job. No job is perfect. That Bushie tries to paint such a rosy picture all the time makes me think that he's hiding something. Bushie, name something about your job that is less than perfect. Anything.

Maybe the problem isn't with Bushie, but with [redacted]. I mean, how much of a market could there really be for a grocery store like that in exurban Oklahoma? All they care about up there is getting their processed corn syrup for as cheap as possible. And they already have Walmart for that.

It'll start with them trying to reduce people's hours and then Jeff will start getting Sundays off and be happy about that. Then they'll start giving him Fridays off too and then, woohoo, three day weekend every weekend! And then one day he'll pull into the parking lot only to find that the lights are off and the place is completely shuttered and his last paycheck is mysteriously missing.

You'd be surprised, but all the [redacted] stores are packed nearly all the time.  They are very successful in both OKC and Tulsa.  Even in Oklahoma more and more people are becoming conscious about what they eat.  They are becoming more and more conscious about what goes into their food and what their meat was given in its life.  They also like the freshness that [redacted] provides.  We are much more fresh than Walmart or a typical grocery store.  The biggest thing is people don't have to burn their entire paychecks to eat healthy.  We have ridiculously low prices and have sales all the time.  This company is about to open their 4th store in OKC and are trying to purchase land in Sapulpa (SW suburb of Tulsa) for their 5th store in the Tulsa area.  This company is very successful and there's no signs of it going down hill.

Bushie, has your diet improved since starting to work at Sprouts?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #901 on: March 29, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »

It is a little bit concerning that every single thing is super peachy at Bushie's job. No job is perfect. That Bushie tries to paint such a rosy picture all the time makes me think that he's hiding something. Bushie, name something about your job that is less than perfect. Anything.

Maybe the problem isn't with Bushie, but with [redacted]. I mean, how much of a market could there really be for a grocery store like that in exurban Oklahoma? All they care about up there is getting their processed corn syrup for as cheap as possible. And they already have Walmart for that.

It'll start with them trying to reduce people's hours and then Jeff will start getting Sundays off and be happy about that. Then they'll start giving him Fridays off too and then, woohoo, three day weekend every weekend! And then one day he'll pull into the parking lot only to find that the lights are off and the place is completely shuttered and his last paycheck is mysteriously missing.

You'd be surprised, but all the [redacted] stores are packed nearly all the time.  They are very successful in both OKC and Tulsa.  Even in Oklahoma more and more people are becoming conscious about what they eat.  They are becoming more and more conscious about what goes into their food and what their meat was given in its life.  They also like the freshness that [redacted] provides.  We are much more fresh than Walmart or a typical grocery store.  The biggest thing is people don't have to burn their entire paychecks to eat healthy.  We have ridiculously low prices and have sales all the time.  This company is about to open their 4th store in OKC and are trying to purchase land in Sapulpa (SW suburb of Tulsa) for their 5th store in the Tulsa area.  This company is very successful and there's no signs of it going down hill.

Bushie, has your diet improved since starting to work at Sprouts?

Sadly, it hasn't yet.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #902 on: March 29, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »

I disagree with this assessment. We don't have any [redacted]s in Jackson+suburbia, but the Fresh Market and Whole Foods are always packed. Fancy grocery stores are a gold mine in any sufficiently populated area.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #903 on: March 29, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »

What all have you had to eat this weekend? What do you eat when you're at work?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #904 on: March 29, 2015, 04:20:17 PM »

Nor will it ever, of course.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #905 on: March 29, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »

I don't know.  It sounds like a pretty straightforward project to me:

I just need to regulate my food intake and I'm golden.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #906 on: March 29, 2015, 04:38:31 PM »

Mr. Moderate is right. Even with working at a heathy supermarket, he'll find excuses to not eat properly. It'll be amazing to watch.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #907 on: March 29, 2015, 05:07:37 PM »

Bushie have you been eating at Sprouts during your lunch break or are you driving to get food?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #908 on: March 29, 2015, 05:18:38 PM »

I disagree with this assessment. We don't have any [redacted]s in Jackson+suburbia, but the Fresh Market and Whole Foods are always packed. Fancy grocery stores are a gold mine in any sufficiently populated area.
Same here. There are a lot of people who fit Indy's description, and there are a lot who don't. Cities are extremely diverse. I look forward to the day that the Atlas notices.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #909 on: March 29, 2015, 07:28:26 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2015, 07:31:46 PM by Oklahoma City: 20 years later »

Bushie have you been eating at Sprouts during your lunch break or are you driving to get food?

I actually haven't had anything at lunch except a swig from the water fountain.  I only get 30 minutes for lunch and I want to be off my feet as much as possible during that short break.  I will probably end up bringing my lunch, or I may just get lunch after I get home if I work the early, early shift like I will to start the month of April (4:00-12:30).  I don't really feel like eating a turkey wrap at 8:00 am which would be my meal break, so I may just get a bowl of cereal before I leave for work and then wait to eat until I get home.  It will really be on a day-by-day basis.  I probably won't do the same thing each day because of the variety of shifts I can work.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #910 on: March 29, 2015, 07:44:46 PM »

It is hard to believe that tomorrow, I will already be starting Week 3 of this new job.  I have learned much in the first two weeks and I'm anxious to put what I've learned into practice.  This will be a hectic and crazy week, but I'll make it through just fine and then can enjoy the weekend off.  The store manager kept saying to remember to breathe this week and don't get stressed.  She keeps preaching to focus on good customer service and have fun.  She wants us to have fun while we work.  She wants us to joke around with our coworkers and she wants us to make conversation with the customers.  We are all a team and a family.  We are all there to support each other.  I can't reiterate enough how much I'm looking forward to finally getting this show on the road and open the doors and start serving the people of Owasso.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #911 on: March 29, 2015, 08:51:33 PM »

I actually haven't had anything at lunch except a swig from the water fountain.  I only get 30 minutes for lunch and I want to be off my feet as much as possible during that short break.  I will probably end up bringing my lunch, or I may just get lunch after I get home if I work the early, early shift like I will to start the month of April (4:00-12:30).  I don't really feel like eating a turkey wrap at 8:00 am which would be my meal break, so I may just get a bowl of cereal before I leave for work and then wait to eat until I get home.  It will really be on a day-by-day basis.  I probably won't do the same thing each day because of the variety of shifts I can work.

While it's well known skipping breakfast is bad for one's health, skipping lunch isn't good either.  It slows down your metabolism during the times when your body could be burning the most (active in the daytime) due to 10 hours or so between meals.   You should ideally snack on mixed nuts during your job and have a small lunch packed with protein and veggies but few carbs.  Eating 2 meals a day just kills your metabolism.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #912 on: March 29, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »

How many times a week to you plan to eat fast food drive thru while working at a grocery store?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #913 on: March 30, 2015, 07:06:57 AM »

While it's well known skipping breakfast is bad for one's health, skipping lunch isn't good either.  It slows down your metabolism during the times when your body could be burning the most (active in the daytime) due to 10 hours or so between meals.   You should ideally snack on mixed nuts during your job and have a small lunch packed with protein and veggies but few carbs.  Eating 2 meals a day just kills your metabolism.

I'm not purposely trying to skip meals.  I am just trying to figure out the best way to work my meal break.  I am not going to have a turkey wrap at an 8:00 am lunch break.  I want a biscuit and eggs or something at that time of the morning, not a turkey wrap.  It may take me some time, but I'm trying to find a good routine for lunch and then throw that routine out the window because of the changing shifts.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #914 on: March 30, 2015, 07:08:19 AM »

How many times a week to you plan to eat fast food drive thru while working at a grocery store?

What kind of question is that?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #915 on: March 30, 2015, 07:10:07 AM »

RIP
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #916 on: March 30, 2015, 07:21:27 AM »

What kind of question is that?

Yikes, that many times?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #917 on: March 30, 2015, 07:27:57 AM »

I'm not purposely trying to skip meals.  I am just trying to figure out the best way to work my meal break.  I am not going to have a turkey wrap at an 8:00 am lunch break.  I want a biscuit and eggs or something at that time of the morning, not a turkey wrap.  It may take me some time, but I'm trying to find a good routine for lunch and then throw that routine out the window because of the changing shifts.

I don't understand where this "turkey wrap" bit came from. Are you really so helpless that you can't figure out something else to eat for a 8AM break than a turkey wrap?

Buy a damn microwaveable egg-on-a-biscuit sandwich. Or a banana. You being unable to find a suitable breakfast meal while working at a supermarket makes me want to scream.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #918 on: March 30, 2015, 08:42:11 AM »

I don't understand where this "turkey wrap" bit came from. Are you really so helpless that you can't figure out something else to eat for a 8AM break than a turkey wrap?

Buy a damn microwaveable egg-on-a-biscuit sandwich. Or a banana. You being unable to find a suitable breakfast meal while working at a supermarket makes me want to scream.

Man, he doesn't have a grill. How can you expect him to cook with that kind of impossible situation?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #919 on: March 30, 2015, 09:00:51 AM »

Tragic news, friends. A Google maps search has revealed ODF's new dream job is in fact located next door to an irresistible Whataburger that will no doubt be more convenient than getting food from the grocery store.

RIP buying healthy food
RIP job
RIP Bushie

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #920 on: March 30, 2015, 09:11:54 AM »

Hideaway Pizza sounds perfect for Bushie's culinary sensibilities based on the description though!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #921 on: March 30, 2015, 01:04:19 PM »

Lunch time.  The day is going very well.  We've been doing a lot of meat prep today.  I can now take my phone in with me and leave it in my pocket.  We'll be done by 4:00 or 4:30 today.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #922 on: March 30, 2015, 01:05:24 PM »

What is for lunch today?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #923 on: March 30, 2015, 01:17:22 PM »