Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:43:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160480 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: March 30, 2015, 06:08:44 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I am home from an awesome day of work!  Despite being very sore right now, today was a great day.  Like I said earlier, today was all meat prep for Wednesday's Grand Opening.  2 days down, 4 to go on this work-stretch. I talked to the department manager and he said the 0400-1230 shift is very uncommon and is only happening to me because of the first week of the store.  Next week, I should get back to a little more pedestrian schedule.  I may still work 0500-1330, but I shouldn't have too many 0400-1230.  Although, I don't what's the difference between getting up at 0200 or 0300...  Now, onto some serious relaxing!

Bushie, you JUST started here and you plan to stay.  Why are you going to the manager and bitching about anything? 

We were just in casual conversation while cutting chicken.  I wasn't complaining at all.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #951 on: March 30, 2015, 06:15:14 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I am home from an awesome day of work!  Despite being very sore right now, today was a great day.  Like I said earlier, today was all meat prep for Wednesday's Grand Opening.  2 days down, 4 to go on this work-stretch. I talked to the department manager and he said the 0400-1230 shift is very uncommon and is only happening to me because of the first week of the store.  Next week, I should get back to a little more pedestrian schedule.  I may still work 0500-1330, but I shouldn't have too many 0400-1230.  Although, I don't what's the difference between getting up at 0200 or 0300...  Now, onto some serious relaxing!

Bushie, you JUST started here and you plan to stay.  Why are you going to the manager and bitching about anything? 

We were just in casual conversation while cutting chicken.  I wasn't complaining at all.

Hmmmm... I suppose.  Be wary of what questioning can be interpreted as to your new bosses, Bushie.  There's no need to bring up every little thought you have pertaining to your work. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #952 on: March 30, 2015, 06:18:55 PM »

Hmmmm... I suppose.  Be wary of what questioning can be interpreted as to your new bosses, Bushie.  There's no need to bring up every little thought you have pertaining to your work. 

The hours don't bother me at all.  I can adjust to whatever hours I'm given.  As long as I get paid for those hours and still have ample time off to relax and do stuff I need to, I'm fine.  I'm not tied down by a wife or children, so I am more free to work whatever hours I'm given.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #953 on: March 30, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »

The hours don't bother me at all.  I can adjust to whatever hours I'm given.  As long as I get paid for those hours and still have ample time off to relax and do stuff I need to, I'm fine.  I'm not tied down by a wife or children, so I am more free to work whatever hours I'm given.

To HD, Gustaf, Eraserhead, etc. --

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit here, since "casual conversations" have actually been complaints in the past, but I don't think Jeff is being dishonest here. When everyone starts at zero-dark-thirty, fatigue can become a talking point:

"How are you feeling today, Jeff?"

"I'm doing really well, although I'll sleep well tonight! That 3:00 am alarm comes pretty early!"

"I hear you ... although shifts that early are actually kind of rare. We're just doing that because we're preparing for the grand opening."

Again, I could be completely off ... maybe he did waltz up and say, "So how long will I be doing this?" But I doubt it, at this point.

----------------------

Jeff -- one thing you must learn if you ever desire that white-picket-fence career you long for: hours are irrelevant. You do what you have to do to get the mission accomplished. You have to take care of your personal life (and, maybe one day, a family), but clock-watching and career advancement are two very separate ideals. If you want more money, a better career and to build a much more comfortable future, you may have to make sacrifices in the present, ie: work more than an eight-hour day.

I'm not quite as concerned about your current position as others seem to be, but I do think the constant talk about "we should get out early if we start cleaning by 1900" and how time-bound your shifts are indicates that you're still an eight-hour-a-day kind-of guy.

Nothing wrong with that ... just understand that eight-hour-a-day people reach a career ceiling relatively quickly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #954 on: March 30, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »

To HD, Gustaf, Eraserhead, etc. --

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit here, since "casual conversations" have actually been complaints in the past, but I don't think Jeff is being dishonest here. When everyone starts at zero-dark-thirty, fatigue can become a talking point:

"How are you feeling today, Jeff?"

"I'm doing really well, although I'll sleep well tonight! That 3:00 am alarm comes pretty early!"

"I hear you ... although shifts that early are actually kind of rare. We're just doing that because we're preparing for the grand opening."

Again, I could be completely off ... maybe he did waltz up and say, "So how long will I be doing this?" But I doubt it, at this point.

----------------------

Jeff -- one thing you must learn if you ever desire that white-picket-fence career you long for: hours are irrelevant. You do what you have to do to get the mission accomplished. You have to take care of your personal life (and, maybe one day, a family), but clock-watching and career advancement are two very separate ideals. If you want more money, a better career and to build a much more comfortable future, you may have to make sacrifices in the present, ie: work more than an eight-hour day.

I'm not quite as concerned about your current position as others seem to be, but I do think the constant talk about "we should get out early if we start cleaning by 1900" and how time-bound your shifts are indicates that you're still an eight-hour-a-day kind-of guy.

Nothing wrong with that ... just understand that eight-hour-a-day people reach a career ceiling relatively quickly.

I wouldn't mind working more than 8 hours in a day if they asked me.  I can get over the soreness because an extra break would be thrown in there, I believe, a chance to sit down.  They expect us to watch the clock because [redacted] is a no-overtime policy.  So, if I do have to work extra during the week, I have to subtract that time from the end of my shift at the end of the week, which in this case is Friday for me.  So, if I work until, say, 1300 instead of 1230 Wednesday, then I would get off at 1200 instead of 1230 on Friday.  That doesn't bother me, at all.  The thing about it is I actually have fun at work.  I had fun today with all the guys (and 2 ladies) in the back room cutting and prepping all the meat.  My feet were really smarting for the last hour or so, but it was fun getting to hang out with them and being productive at the same time.  I get the feeling nobody in my team will slack off and that's based on 8 hours of actually working together.  We will be getting two or three more people in tomorrow, I think, one of them I worked with at the Tulsa store on March 22.  This is going to be a great crew, not just in their work ethic, but their personalities as well.  I am really counting my blessings right now with this job and this crew.  It certainly makes the time go by faster when you enjoy what you're doing and the people you're working with.  Tomorrow is one more day of prep, although we will open for some local businesses, as well as employee friends and family tomorrow from 1600-1900, so we get a "trial run", so to speak before we get the store ready for the general public at 0700 Wednesday morning.  I am 2+ weeks into my job and I really enjoy it so far.  My enthusiasm has not waned at all.  I am really having a good time at work.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #955 on: March 30, 2015, 06:53:40 PM »

Indeed. I'm not wishing Bushie failure by any metric, but there needs to be perspective here.

TMI
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #956 on: March 30, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »

The only crime about Bushie's briefly relaxing is that he used to relax with expensive softcore crap like Playboy TV.  I really hope he's graduated to 100% awesome and 100% free stuff.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #957 on: March 30, 2015, 07:25:09 PM »

From the sound of it, he won't last much longer at the job. He's quickly gone from the over the moon infatuation with his new job to calling it "sufficient." We know what comes next...

Nah, I disagree.  He hasn't hinted at any problems with management, yet.  That's always the telltale sign for Bushie at a job.  If he starts talking about how he and the boss are laughing about how slow he puts the price sticker on the package?  Then I'll worry. 

I foresaw this eight days / thirteen pages ago.  Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #958 on: March 30, 2015, 07:31:46 PM »

From the sound of it, he won't last much longer at the job. He's quickly gone from the over the moon infatuation with his new job to calling it "sufficient." We know what comes next...

Nah, I disagree.  He hasn't hinted at any problems with management, yet.  That's always the telltale sign for Bushie at a job.  If he starts talking about how he and the boss are laughing about how slow he puts the price sticker on the package?  Then I'll worry. 

I foresaw this eight days / thirteen pages ago.  Sad

You need to read HD's post again.  He said "if it happens", meaning it hasn't started, yet.  I have received nothing but positive verbal reviews of my performance so far.  I have nothing to fear at this time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #959 on: March 30, 2015, 09:16:46 PM »

I think I am headed to bed.  I want to get as much sleep as my body wants tonight since I won't be getting much tomorrow night.  Good night.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #960 on: March 30, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »

Update XXIII: Now, onto some serious relaxing!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #961 on: March 31, 2015, 08:03:52 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  This is the final day of March 2015 and the final day of the 1st quarter of 2015.  Today is Work Day 9.  This evening, we will be opening the doors for local businesses as well as the friends and family of Sprouts team members, that will be from 1600-1900.  We will open the doors to the general public tomorrow from 0700-2200.  I expect another very good day today.  When I start my shift at 1130 today, I will be beginning basically what amounts to 25 hours of work with an 8 hour break in the middle.  I can imagine I will be going to bed really early tomorrow night...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #962 on: March 31, 2015, 08:49:31 AM »

Are Papa and Mama going to the grand opening?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #963 on: March 31, 2015, 10:23:01 AM »

No.  They don't want to make the drive all the way from Eastern Oklahoma County to Owasso.  That'd be a 2 hour drive and plus they don't like large crowds.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #964 on: March 31, 2015, 02:08:26 PM »

First break.  The day is going really well.  Things are about to turn crazy in less than 2 hours...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #965 on: March 31, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »

No.  They don't want to make the drive all the way from Eastern Oklahoma County to Owasso.  That'd be a 2 hour drive and plus they don't like large crowds.

Let's be honest, Bushie.  They don't want to be surrounded by all these liberal health food fairies lest they might catch the gay. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #966 on: March 31, 2015, 02:31:22 PM »

Let's be honest, Bushie.  They don't want to be surrounded by all these liberal health food fairies lest they might catch the gay. 

Nah. Give them credit.

It's likely the distance. Plus, Sprouts isn't a large enough chain to earn the Brown family trust just yet.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #967 on: March 31, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »

It doesn't seem like a place they'd ever step foot in, so I am not surprised they wouldn't drive the distance to see what the store is all about.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #968 on: March 31, 2015, 03:15:53 PM »

Nah. Give them credit.

It's likely the distance. Plus, Sprouts isn't a large enough chain to earn the Brown family trust just yet.

How large does a chain in Oklahoma have to be to earn the title of "down-home cookin"?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #969 on: March 31, 2015, 03:32:11 PM »

Google informs me that there is a [redacted] in OKC. Have they ever been to that location? Even just out of curiousity now that you work for the company?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #970 on: March 31, 2015, 03:33:48 PM »

Google informs me that there is a [redacted] in OKC. Have they ever been to that location? Even just out of curiousity now that you work for the company?

He trained at the other Tulsa location this month. I doubt he ever went to the OKC one. He's never even checked out the Asian Supermarket next to his apartment complex.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #971 on: March 31, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »

looking forward to the 'i feel like ive been put through the meat tenderizer...' post that j-mann predicted some pages back.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #972 on: March 31, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »

Lunch time.  My feet are killing me, but it's all good.  No pain, no gain.  I've been doing chicken for the past three hours.  I get off at 2000, and I still have one more break tonight.  All is well in Bushie's world!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #973 on: March 31, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »

Good Tuesday Evening!  I was able to get off at 1900 since I have to be in so early tomorrow.  I had a really good day.  I had a pretty rough stretch of pain from about 1500 to 1745 before I was finally able to go to lunch, but I made it through and that 30 minute break was just what the doctor ordered (Dr. Scholl, by name).  I was able to finish up the last 45 minutes just taking out trash and boxes to the compactor and then I spent the last 10 minutes working on chicken kabobs for tomorrow.  Tonight was crazy...  We were a lot busier than expected, which is a good sign for this store.  We were only open from 1600-1900, but we were cranking chicken breasts out left and right.  People would come in and buy chicken in bulk, wiping us clean and we'd have to start over.  They were buying like this was the last day for the sale.  It's not.  They will still be on sale tomorrow through next Wednesday.  All in all, though, a very good day.  I've taken some Aleve to let my body heal faster tonight and I will be going to bed by 2030 so I can get just shy of 6 hours sleep.  Tomorrow is going to be super crazy all day long.  It will be fun, though, I think.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #974 on: March 31, 2015, 08:15:47 PM »

There's plenty of religious conservatives that are health food nuts. Granted usually not in Oklahoma (I'm thinking more of like Colorado Springs or the socon areas of Orange County), but I'd imagine there's enough to keep stores like this in places like Oklahoma in business, and I'm sure most of Bushie's customers are more of these types than some organic food hippie liberal type.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies