Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:49:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160476 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: April 01, 2015, 03:01:43 PM »

Can you at least tell us what field of work this new job is for?

Clearly sales or a call center. Otherwise he'd tell us. We've been Updaters for long enough to know when Bushie's aware he's doing something stupid.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1026 on: April 01, 2015, 03:06:41 PM »

lol. There is harm and foul. Whatever man. It's Papa's bank account that will suffer.

What harm is there in looking for another job while you still have a job?

Bushie, do not give up this job at [redacted].

If you quit this job after two weeks then you may as well wipe your ass with any future job application before turning it in, because that's what it'll look like anyway.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1027 on: April 01, 2015, 03:10:07 PM »

Seriously, Sprouts is the best possible job for you. If it's tough on you, you need to see it through. If your manager is pissed, you need to beg him for a second chance.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1028 on: April 01, 2015, 03:11:41 PM »

Bushie wants to retain privacy? Lol.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1029 on: April 01, 2015, 03:13:18 PM »

It's falling apart already. RIP.

So how long do we give him at the grocers? A couple of weeks?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1030 on: April 01, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »

It's falling apart already. RIP.

So how long do we give him at the grocers? A couple of weeks?

A couple of weeks is being generous. I'd say less than 2, if that.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1031 on: April 01, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »

it appears he was sent home early for a reason.

rip.

and all of those saying he will be demoted to bag boy...no way.  that job is much more physically demanding, especially if you have to collect the carts from the parking lot.  bushie wouldnt make it a half day in that position.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1032 on: April 01, 2015, 04:28:49 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 05:25:39 PM by J-Mann »

Jeff, what happened to putting all of your energy and effort into making this job work, and working hard so that it could possibly become a career? I'm reserving anger, because I have a feeling you're attempting an April Fool's joke ... but if not, you are simply repeating the same cycle you always do.

And there is absolutely something wrong with accepting a job, starting it, claiming you love it, and looking for different work two weeks in. You've made a commitment to this employer, and they have spent time and effort on you ... and your looking elsewhere not only reneges on the promises you made to yourself, but it shows dissatisfaction when you claim there is none.

Unless, of course, there are issues which you haven't mentioned.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1033 on: April 01, 2015, 05:22:49 PM »

Seriously Bushie. Don't let the Oklahoma Wind blow you from this job to a call center or to a scam. If there is something very specific to your experience at [Redacted] that just makes it an unbearable experience at least apply to another simple retail job where your odds of lasting a full year are vaguely within the realm of possibility. I stand by my pizza delivery suggestion. You get to sit most of the time in that job. But whatever, just make sure it's an actual job. Let's not have a repeat of the On Company or Rainbow Play Systems.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1034 on: April 01, 2015, 05:25:24 PM »

rip.

and all of those saying he will be demoted to bag boy...no way.  that job is much more physically demanding, especially if you have to collect the carts from the parking lot.  bushie wouldnt make it a half day in that position.

Yes, there's really nowhere to be demoted from here. First of all, I don't know about [redacted], but most grocery stores these days don't even have "bag boys"; either the cashier puts your stuff in the bag or you (the customer do). And being re-assigned as a cashier would be a promotion; based on my experience working in this kind of sector, cashiers get paid more and more is expected of them than the manual laborers. If standing is too demanding, then one of the other stock boy jobs (where he'll be walking around, pushing things, unloading crates, collecting carts, etc.) is going to be even more work.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1035 on: April 01, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 06:03:41 PM by The Truth About Benghazi »

rip.

and all of those saying he will be demoted to bag boy...no way.  that job is much more physically demanding, especially if you have to collect the carts from the parking lot.  bushie wouldnt make it a half day in that position.

Yes, there's really nowhere to be demoted from here. First of all, I don't know about [redacted], but most grocery stores these days don't even have "bag boys"; either the cashier puts your stuff in the bag or you (the customer do). And being re-assigned as a cashier would be a promotion; based on my experience working in this kind of sector, cashiers get paid more and more is expected of them than the manual laborers. If standing is too demanding, then one of the other stock boy jobs (where he'll be walking around, pushing things, unloading crates, collecting carts, etc.) is going to be even more work.

I don't know how they do it in New York or how they do it in Oklahoma, but here we have bag boys (even though I'm a cashier, sometimes they'll just have me bag if it's slow, or all the registers already have cashiers before I get there.) And also at my store, any idiot kid can walk in and be given a cashier job at 16. I'm also a Seafood clerk (on a regular basis), and a Meat Clerk (much less frequently), and these positions are almost always given to people who started out as cashiers, or to people from outside with prior experience. Pay is equal unless of course you're a manager.

I also agree with Mitty. Bushie wouldn't survive 2 hours as a bagger. Not only is there the need to hop between registers every few minutes and then bag all of the orders, he would also need to retrieve carts from the parking lot, and at my store there is also maintenance required from the bag boy. Cleaning out bottle machines, taking out the trash etc. Tasks which can be annoying for me, and would be exhausting for Bushie.

Bushie, my advice is to try to do the very best job you can at [redacted] as a meat clerk. Meat clerk is literally my favorite job at my store, and can also be somewhat of a useful trade to learn if you get good at it. If your concern is about not being able to pay the bills, I'd suggest that you either pick up a second job, or pick up more hours, but we all know you simply don't want to, and simply can't given the shape you're in. At very least stay on for 6 months if you want to have any type of resume going forward.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1036 on: April 01, 2015, 06:00:57 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 06:05:31 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Really? That's strange. I haven't seen a dedicated bagboy(/girl) in many, many years. It seems like a huge waste of money to me. When I worked at Costco in high school, the cashiers were definitely higher up in the food chain than us lowly folks in charge of stocking the shelves, unloading the boxes, etc. I think I got paid like $10/hour while the cashiers made like $18/hour. They also had actual training, while I was just told to go start filling shelves with food.

Also one time I had to go gather the carts in the parking lot in the middle of the day in July and that was the worst experience of my life.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1037 on: April 01, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »

Really? That's strange. I haven't seen a dedicated bagboy(/girl) in many, many years. It seems like a huge waste of money to me. When I worked at Costco in high school, the cashiers were definitely higher up in the food chain than us lowly folks in charge of stocking the shelves, unloading the boxes, etc. I think I got paid like $10/hour while the cashiers made like $18/hour. They also had actual training, while I was just told to go start filling shelves with food.

Yeah see at my store a lot of the exclusive baggers (not all) are special needs. We have this one kid with down syndrome who just bags and grabs carts from the parking lot. We have a middle aged woman with really obvious OCD who just bags and grabs cars, and a pair of brothers who do the same. I mean some of those who just bag are just young stoners (some of my good pals Tongue), but for some reason, it doesn't seem like most of our customers are willing to bag their own sh**t. And when there's $300 worth of food and a line behind them, and the cashier is trying to ring it all up, and it's piling up, there is a certain need for dedicated baggers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1038 on: April 01, 2015, 07:31:35 PM »

Going to bed, boys and girl, gotta get up early again tomorrow.
Panda Express

« Reply #1039 on: April 01, 2015, 07:46:52 PM »

Wait, really? That's the opposite of how it was when I worked at Target. The Sales Floor made slightly more than the Cashiers and got cool walkie-talkies. I know the Sales Floor people looked down on the Cashiers.

The hierarchy was

Cart-pusher - The lowest of the low. Was responsible for pushing carts and cleaning the bathrooms. One of cart-pushers was literally retarded.

Cashier - Rang up items and bagged groceries.

Sales Floor - Technically higher up than Cashiers, although some had little idea how to use a cashier. They had scanners for doing sales floor business.

Specialized department - Things like Returns/Guest Service, Photo Electronics etc. Bushie, at the Meat Department would be at this tier.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1040 on: April 01, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »

Wait cashiers at Costco get $18/hour? Did they have any special duties or qualifications?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1041 on: April 01, 2015, 07:50:11 PM »

Wait cashiers at Costco get $18/hour? Did they have any special duties or qualifications?

Costco pays their toilers pretty well.  They are also a very successful retail chain.  Kinda the posterchild for debunking the argument that these places succeed because they pay their toilers like crap. 
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1042 on: April 01, 2015, 08:19:44 PM »

If you don't really it's an April Fools Day joke I'm not sure how you can claim to be smarter than Bushie.

... says the guy who can't string together a coherent sentence.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1043 on: April 01, 2015, 08:47:54 PM »

Does anyone else get the feeling that Bushie is being a bit of a badass today?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1044 on: April 01, 2015, 09:37:47 PM »

If you don't really it's an April Fools Day joke I'm not sure how you can claim to be smarter than Bushie.

... says the guy who can't string together a coherent sentence.
Touche.

But seriously, its an April Fools Day joke.
I don't think you know Bushie that well.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1045 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:16 PM »

LOL at how many people Bushie managed to convince if this was an April Fools joke.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1046 on: April 01, 2015, 11:56:22 PM »

Whether this was all an April Fools joke or not strictly depends on whether the interview at Mystery New Job goes well or not.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1047 on: April 02, 2015, 12:35:02 AM »

Standing up for 8 hours would be tough, but that would be far more preferable to a call center.  I am staying far away from call centers.  I will only look at a call center when every other lead has been exhausted with no fruit.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1048 on: April 02, 2015, 08:06:02 AM »

It could be an April fools but knowing Bushie you never know.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1049 on: April 02, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »

one thing we do know:  bushie has already whined about his hours to his manager.

he probably has also mentioned his 'tired feet' to the manager as well.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies