Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:36:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161127 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: April 03, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »

What bothers me personally the most is that this Sprouts job brought out a moment of genuine optimism for this useless tub of lard:

I hate to admit that I'm optimistic about this, but damn it, I am.  It's a stable, fair paid job that requires light cardio activity all day, and surrounded by healthy groceries.  If this doesn't last, or see significant lifestyle improvements, then there is literally zero hope.

That was only a hair over a month ago.  One f[Inks]ing month.  Honestly, Bushie could turn Mr. Rogers into a bitter old cynic.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1226 on: April 03, 2015, 05:59:51 PM »

lol Bushie you're not staying away. If you had that kind of willpower, you'd be a 100 lbs lighter and still working at Sprouts ONG.

ftfy

We are right. We are always right. Why don't you listen to us?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1227 on: April 03, 2015, 06:05:04 PM »

I haven't been wrong yet and im honestly not happy about that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1228 on: April 03, 2015, 06:09:20 PM »

What bothers me personally the most is that this Sprouts job brought out a moment of genuine optimism for this useless tub of lard:

I hate to admit that I'm optimistic about this, but damn it, I am.  It's a stable, fair paid job that requires light cardio activity all day, and surrounded by healthy groceries.  If this doesn't last, or see significant lifestyle improvements, then there is literally zero hope.

That was only a hair over a month ago.  One f[Inks]ing month.  Honestly, Bushie could turn Mr. Rogers into a bitter old cynic.

Yup for the first time in a while things were genuinely looking up for Bushie... if he had stayed with his job he probably would have naturally lost at least 50 or 60 pounds just from the exercise of standing all day. And then he got lazy and decided to quit and take a two week vacation.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1229 on: April 03, 2015, 06:13:51 PM »

So, as expected, Bushie didn't like the physicality of the work (despite it doing him good .... That pain you were feeling was your muscles waking up and being used)... found someone who would tell him what he wanted to hear "that's not right honey, you shouldn't be sore after workin' ... I did it. You deserve comfort"

This is Step 2 in the B.U.S.H.I.E. System: a classic move on his part.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1230 on: April 03, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »

Bushie gets another two week vacation on Papas dime on top of the two weeks before Sprouts.

Poor Papa.   Have you even made $1,000 take home this year?   

Go lie to your FB friends and leave us alone   
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1231 on: April 03, 2015, 06:51:38 PM »

Someone more invested than me, please find Bushie saying the exact same thing:

That said, I am excited about this new opportunity.

about Sprouts, the CADD job, the last three call centers, and whatever else he's done in the past year or so.

Rather than this job nonsense, perhaps Bushie should take out huge student loans and work on getting a Masters and then Doctorate in Divinity like all his favorite reverends. He'd probably die shortly after receiving the diploma because of all the Braum's meals for study energy, so no need to worry about debt. And financially he'd be secure because the loans would give him some money for room and board.

We've been over this. Grad school requires decent grades, which Bushie most likely didn't have. (I asked him what his grades were like once, he never responded.) 30 seconds of Googling found this place in OKC that requires a 3.0 GPA from undergrad.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1232 on: April 03, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2015, 07:32:03 PM by Smash255 »

I know I said I was done, but let me honest here for a second:

In all honesty, I am thinking about what could have been at Sprouts.  I do kind of regret leaving there.  However, I also know while it's good to reflect and learn, I need to move on very quickly.  I can't afford to go into a new job, no matter what the job is, with a negative attitude or regret about the last job.  I don't deserve to start myself behind the 8 ball in this new job because I am dwelling on the past.  I need to learn from the past, yes, but then I need to quickly move on and focus all my attention on this new job.  I am just thankful I have employment.  That's a nice way to spend one's birthday.  I will be in training on my birthday.  Yes, I am going through a bit of buyer's remorse, but I think everyone here would agree that I cannot dwell on that too long or I will have already failed before I have even started.

Bushie, you need to stop making rash non-sensical decisions.  That is the bottom line.  We have been through this so many times its almost mind numbing.   You went from saying you were real happy and everything was going well to all of a sudden accepting another call center/support type job and quitting your current job?  Why, because some other overwight person told you they had issues??  What??  You make these absurd and rash decisions over and over, its insane.

Now, you should go to this new job with a good attitude, but nothing is ever going to change unless you stop making these crazy rash decisions.  It's not like you haven't been down this road before.  And yes as much as you are a laughing stock at times and poked fun at, it not like the people on here aren't trying to help you out.  Hell this board is probably the reason you aren't sharing a jail cell with Bubba on fraud charges

If you are going to change ANYTHING about your life, whether it be the issues with your weight, healtth, job, etc the rash decisions have to stop.  You don't have to make a decision on a dime.  Even if you feel you should accept a job, you don't have to quit the other one on a dime.  Take some time make a composed and educated decision, run it by those who have tried to help you on here for years.  This rash crap is insane.

Everyone makes mistakes, no one is exempt, I have made ones myself including job related ones.  However, the important thing is that you think things through.  If you thought something through, made an educated decision, gathering all the facts, listening to others input and it happened to be wrong for whatever reason it would be one thing.  You don't do that, you make a decision on a rash basis without taking the time to think it over, without taking the time to come to an educated decision.  If that doesn't change, nothing ever will
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1233 on: April 03, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »

We've been over this. Grad school requires decent grades, which Bushie most likely didn't have. (I asked him what his grades were like once, he never responded.) 30 seconds of Googling found this place in OKC that requires a 3.0 GPA from undergrad.

But...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1234 on: April 03, 2015, 07:41:03 PM »

bushie has had two real jobs:  ong and redacted.  he up and quit both of them.

i guess the cadd job for the old geezer that had been a cad since eisenhower was president was also a real job.  however, it was a job bushie wasnt qualified for...so it doesnt really count.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1235 on: April 03, 2015, 07:42:38 PM »

If you regret quitting Sprouts, go apply at other groceries. There are many in Tulsa.

He doesn't regret it -- he knowingly made the mistake. Despite everyone here telling him NOT to quit, NOT to put in a two-week notice to take a new job that at the time he was knowingly lying about, and so forth.

This is the best way to summarize mistakes Bushie makes. He usually has ample time and ample advice to avoid making the mistake, but just like gravity...

He never takes time to think about anything, even when has has tie. He jumps in makes a rash decision and that is that.  It is absurd and he does the same thing over and over.

We all make mistakes and at times the same ones. but take the time to lean from them.  Make an educated well thought out decision, if it happens to be wrong again so be it, but at least it was thought about and an educated decision.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1236 on: April 03, 2015, 07:43:52 PM »

If you regret quitting Sprouts, go apply at other groceries. There are many in Tulsa.

and ruin his two week vacation?

crazy talk.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1237 on: April 03, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »

Bushie, how about you just ask Sprouts if they'll take you back? Just tell them your other job looks like it'll fall through. It's not guaranteed they would, since this no doubt left a pretty bad impression, and you don't want to look too desperate so at least wait until tomorrow, but this Sprouts does seem to need help, and it would be easier and cheaper to get you back then hire and train someone brand new.

Also why the hell did you ignore everyone's advice and put in the two weeks notice anyway? What did you expect to gain by putting in the two weeks notice instead of just leaving when you planned on it? Did you seriously think quitting two days after training with a two weeks notice would allow you to get good references that just quitting two weeks later wouldn't? That wasn't just a dumb and bad decision, it was one done with no tangible gain whatsoever.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1238 on: April 03, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »

Also why the hell did you ignore everyone's advice and put in the two weeks notice anyway? What did you expect to gain by putting in the two weeks notice instead of just leaving when you planned on it? Did you seriously think quitting two days after training with a two weeks notice would allow you to get good references that just quitting two weeks later wouldn't? That wasn't just a dumb and bad decision, it was one done with no tangible gain whatsoever.

Bushie obviously preferred a two week vacation on Papa Bushie's dime to two weeks of working at Sprouts. He knew exactly what he was doing when he "gave his two weeks notice" today.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1239 on: April 03, 2015, 07:55:48 PM »

It's Easter weekend. Now Jeff is unemployed so such drudgery as work will not interfere with the multiple family dinners that I'm sure he must attend.

And with the diet totally out the window, he can graze on whatever fried slop the Browns are serving up without a care in the world. Maybe have two servings of dessert to celebrate this new job he's got coming up.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1240 on: April 03, 2015, 07:56:33 PM »

Yeah it hurts to say it but that's no doubt the reason why.

This is downright disgusting and infuriating.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1241 on: April 03, 2015, 08:04:32 PM »

wonder how papa bushie felt when he heard the news?  probably not surprised, but deflated none the less.

mama bushie is probably happy.  her big boy will get to wear a tie to work and have unlimited earning potential.  none of that hourly wage grocery nonsense.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1242 on: April 03, 2015, 09:47:57 PM »

I'm going to assume J-Mann didn't reply because he threw his computer at the wall after reading this.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1243 on: April 03, 2015, 10:08:27 PM »

I'm going to assume J-Mann didn't reply because he threw his computer at the wall after reading this.

He talked to me privately over Facebook.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1244 on: April 03, 2015, 10:19:17 PM »

It's Easter weekend. Now Jeff is unemployed so such drudgery as work will not interfere with the multiple family dinners that I'm sure he must attend.

And with the diet totally out the window, he can graze on whatever fried slop the Browns are serving up without a care in the world. Maybe have two servings of dessert to celebrate this new job he's got coming up.

I am staying in Tulsa this weekend.  I hung out with a friend tonight playing the new Star Wars Armada board game that just came out. Sunday after church I am going to this friend's parents for Easter dinner before I watch baseball that evening.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1245 on: April 03, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »

I am staying in Tulsa this weekend.  I hung out with a friend tonight playing the new Star Wars Armada board game that just came out. Sunday after church I am going to this friend's parents for Easter dinner before I watch baseball that evening.

Did your parents disinvite you from Easter? Are you now persona non grata at family dinners? This doesn't bode well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1246 on: April 03, 2015, 10:24:03 PM »

Damn, looks like Bushie's been disowned. Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1247 on: April 03, 2015, 11:03:11 PM »

Did your parents disinvite you from Easter? Are you now persona non grata at family dinners? This doesn't bode well.

No, I had intended to stay in Tulsa this weekend anyway even when I was working with Sprouts, mainly because I didn't know until last Saturday that I would have the entire weekend off.  I will be going down there in 3 weeks to celebrate both mine and my grandmother's birthdays together.  Her birthday is April 24, and mine is April 29.  Believe it or not, I actually have friends in Tulsa.  I love the church that I attend.  I am a member at this church.  I want to attend here as often as I can.  I love my family, but I want to start building a life for me.  I don't want to go down there every other week as has been my custom.  I want to stay up here for longer periods of time.  They'll get along fine without me.  I'm not even a 2 hour drive away so I'm not out of reach.  I will be 33 years old, that is entering my 34th year on this birthday, I don't need to camp out with my parents all the time.  It's unfortunate that I still need their financial assistance, but in ideology and in my mindset, I am my own person.  What works for them doesn't always work for me.  What works for me doesn't always work for them.  Mom and I have become best friends since I entered my thirties.  I always ask her for advice, but she doesn't give me ultimatums anymore.  I started looking for this other job on my own this past Monday night without her consent, but I got her advice and her okay to proceed with yesterday's interview.  I also got her okay to attempt to put in a two weeks notice.  We both knew I would not be able to work the two weeks, but since I did, I am eligible to be rehired.  If I had waited two weeks and then quit all of a sudden, then I would have burned the bridge forever.  We both decided it was cheaper to go two weeks without employment and not burn a bridge than it was to get some extra money and burn a bridge that I may need later on.  In all honesty, she would have rather me not even thought about another interview and stick it out with Sprouts.  Yet, she is okay with it, because it is employment and it is a lot closer to my apartment.   She is okay with it to the point that I am an adult and I can make my own decisions.  She was put at ease when I delivered my research of the company on Glass Door.  She would not have been okay and likely would have cut me off if I had quit Sprouts entirely with nothing to take its place.  I couldn't do that to her or to myself.  She told me she had no problem with me putting out other feelers no matter how early I was into my job, although she would have preferred I waited a month or so.  My adult decisions took over from there.  I haven't talked to Dad directly since I informed him of the April Fool's joke I played on Mom.  So, I haven't talked to him since I was actually hired.  Knowing my father, I know he is glad that I have employment somewhere.  Have I been disowned?  Hardly.  Are they in a little bit of shock?  Yes and No.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1248 on: April 04, 2015, 12:12:55 AM »

So are we going to find out the name of this new company up front?  Or put your not-very-subtle hints together ourselves?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1249 on: April 04, 2015, 12:40:47 AM »

Jeff, how did the conversation with J-Mann go? Did he literally reach through the computer to strangle you? Was it sort of like how Homer Simpson strangles Bart?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies