Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:41:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161173 times)
JoeyJoeJoe
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: April 04, 2015, 12:45:20 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We have the same birthday.  Only other April 29 I know of are Seinfeld and the person who wrote the screenplay for Howard's End.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1251 on: April 04, 2015, 12:56:29 AM »

It's Easter weekend. Now Jeff is unemployed so such drudgery as work will not interfere with the multiple family dinners that I'm sure he must attend.

And with the diet totally out the window, he can graze on whatever fried slop the Browns are serving up without a care in the world. Maybe have two servings of dessert to celebrate this new job he's got coming up.

I am staying in Tulsa this weekend.  I hung out with a friend tonight playing the new Star Wars Armada board game that just came out. Sunday after church I am going to this friend's parents for Easter dinner before I watch baseball that evening.

Did your parents disinvite you from Easter? Are you now persona non grata at family dinners? This doesn't bode well.

Well the brass ring came down and Bushie batted it away. He was all just "get me back in a call center!" It wouldn't surprise me.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1252 on: April 04, 2015, 02:08:40 AM »

We both decided it was cheaper to go two weeks without employment and not burn a bridge than it was to get some extra money and burn a bridge that I may need later on. 

Sorry but that makes no sense. Huh
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1253 on: April 04, 2015, 02:12:26 AM »

We both decided it was cheaper to go two weeks without employment and not burn a bridge than it was to get some extra money and burn a bridge that I may need later on.

Bushie, you are literally never going to go back to work for this place. Not only will you never do that, but they would never let you do that. You just swindled them out of money for training - why would they let you come waddling back in there? You will literally never have anything else to offer them and vice-versa. There is no point to the logic that you'd be "burning bridges"; at least they'd get a bit of productivity out of the training they paid for if you had stayed. Employers don't view you as studious every time you give a two-week notice right after you have finished training: they view you as a terrible person and potentially a scammer. If I were a physical business, I'd work in some clause where I could sue people like you if you didn't fulfill at least a six-month stint at my business to make it worth my time.

The only chance you might have of not burning a bridge is by calling them up tomorrow, telling them you've made a mistake, and getting the job back. Of course, your pride and the embarrassment you no doubt feel for your stupid mistake will prevent you from doing that (yet you're coming up with some lame excuse about "not burning bridges"). Do you think they're going to come burn down your parents' house if you quit without notice or something?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1254 on: April 04, 2015, 03:11:41 AM »

LOL at the idea of Bushie not burning bridges at Sprouts. Really?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1255 on: April 04, 2015, 03:31:34 AM »

Bushie, you're being really rude by bailing on a job so soon like this. Sprouts paid you all that money for training, and they're going to get nothing back now. AT LEAST work the next 2 weeks before you quit and give them some kind of return on their investment. Remember, "2 weeks notice" means NOTHING. They WILL NOT let you keep working another second once you tell them you're quitting, so give your "2 weeks notice" on April 17. If you don't, you're rude. Period.

I don't actually understand this logic.  Staying the extra two weeks would be good for Bushie, because he'd get two weeks of income.  But I don't understand the logic of it being good for Sprouts.

I mean, obviously they would wish that he wouldn't quit the job at all.  But if he's going to be gone in two weeks anyway, wouldn't they rather know that now?  What is gained, from the perspective of Sprouts, in not knowing yet that an employee will be taking up a new job in two weeks?  It seems like they would prefer to find out now, so they can cut him and hire someone new, rather than not find out for another two weeks.  If they wanted him around for the remaining two weeks, then they would have kept him on for those two weeks, rather than fire him on the spot.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1256 on: April 04, 2015, 08:55:42 AM »

so what was the real reason Bushie quit, now that we've learned the reason he gave us what yet another lie?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1257 on: April 04, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »

Griffin is right. Call Sprouts TODAY and ask if you can have your resignation rescinded. You will NOT get another chance if you wait more than two weeks. And really this does not follow logically: if you're physically incapable of working there who cares about burning bridges? You basically just admitted this is not true, your overreaction was stupid and you made a mistake. So go correct that TODAY.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1258 on: April 04, 2015, 09:34:42 AM »

Sorry but that makes no sense. Huh

Yeah, scratching my head on that one myself. Can't pretend to understand the logic. What a catastrophe.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1259 on: April 04, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »

Damn, looks like Bushie's been disowned. Sad

This is probably good news for him. He needs to hit rock bottom, remember?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1260 on: April 04, 2015, 09:44:55 AM »

Like Boris I still can't comprehend why Bushie would NOT put in a two weeks notice at ONG (which he could've just rescinded and avoided the whole fiasco) but felt it neccesary to put in on HERE.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1261 on: April 04, 2015, 09:50:41 AM »

Bushie, tell Sprouts that you have a minor mental disorder (which, no offense and nothing to be ashamed of, is probably true) and that you had a freakout and royally f***ed up when you quit yesterday, but it will never happen again.

They might take you back. At least there's absolutely no downside to trying.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1262 on: April 04, 2015, 09:51:22 AM »

It's unfortunate that I still need their financial assistance, but in ideology and in my mindset, I am my own person.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/im-just-a-free-spirit-who-is-entirely-financially,33905/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1263 on: April 04, 2015, 10:29:08 AM »

Lol
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1264 on: April 04, 2015, 12:42:12 PM »

He's not going back to Sprouts. It's likely the case that he was either fired it about to be fired and he left before it happened.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1265 on: April 04, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »

Like Boris I still can't comprehend why Bushie would NOT put in a two weeks notice at ONG (which he could've just rescinded and avoided the whole fiasco) but felt it neccesary to put in on HERE.
He was already on thin ice with ONG. Because the Update began right when he left there, it gave the incorrect perception that his life was not already in shambles. To the contrary, he had major attendance issues at ONG and only worked there for about as long as he worked in Utah. When Update began, he was already super obese, had already burned through a scam life insurance job (that he left a good job with Papa at NG to take) a scam vacuum job, and probably other crazy things too. We were all very late to the party and for a very long time gave him a benefit of doubt that he clearly did not deserve.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1266 on: April 04, 2015, 02:53:08 PM »

What's really pathetic and infuriating about him is that he walked off the first stable job he'd had in years because his back and his feet were a little sore. That's it.

I can throw a rock around here and hit someone from Mexico or Central America who's 10 or 20 years older than him, maybe even old enough to be his dad, who's working on a loading dock, doing landscaping in 100 degree weather, spreading asphalt, or doing the exact same job Jeff was doing at Sprouts. They saw an opportunity and they ran with it and got everything they could out of it in hope that their kids or grandkids would be able to have the stereotypical "suit and tie" jobs that Jeff makes such a fetish of.

Jeff doesn't want to work for it. He thinks he's entitled to have his Leave It To Beaver fantasy handed to him on a silver platter. He wants it right now with zero effort involved.

He's fat, unhealthy, can't hold a steady job and takes money away from his trailer-dwelling parents to support his lifestyle. I'm going to stop pretending and just say it: Jeff is white trash. The churchgoing can't hide it. That college degree in a nonexistent major from an 8th tier school that's not worth the paper it's printed on can't hide it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1267 on: April 04, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »

I just think he's extremely lazy and refuses to do anything to better himself or his life. I think he was coddled most of his life by his mother and was never asked or forced to rise up to any challenges that came his way, and he was always allowed to run and hide when things got tough.

Now he's almost 34 years old and can't hold a job, has no friends and no real social life, and still goes on vacations with his parents like he's a child. He refuses to seek help or listen to any advice from any of us who have accomplished more and are far more successful than he is because he's incredibly arrogant and prideful, yet he's accomplished nothing at all in his life.

All of this is maddening because he doesn't seem to come off as an unintelligent person, but his decision making and work ethic doesn't seem like things an intelligent person would do - like quitting a stable job at a grocery store to work somewhere that he's failed at multiple times or quitting his job at a utility company to go work for a scam that he'd been told about prior to quitting.

I understand he doesn't want to revisit ONG but if this week proved anything, it proves he's learned absolutely nothing over the last few years. I guess he still things he's the smartest person in the room. His pride will always kill him.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1268 on: April 04, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »

I understand he doesn't want to revisit ONG but if this week proved anything, it proves he's learned absolutely nothing over the last few years. I guess he still things he's the smartest person in the room. His pride will always kill him.

True. By pridefully boasting "I come out a winner" at every moment he loses something, he conditions himself to believe he doesn't need to change a thing about him, because he does nothing but "win" all the time.

And why do winners need to change, after all.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1269 on: April 04, 2015, 05:08:05 PM »

Bushie, why do you feel the need to broadcast your personal life in such intimate detail to the forum? What do you gain from it?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1270 on: April 04, 2015, 05:34:07 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2015, 05:37:28 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Am I the only who thinks that the past ten pages are incredibly dark? Bushie is a compulsive liar: for weeks he claimed that he was excited about Sprouts and that he was having fantastic days at work. One day later, he quit in order to work for a call center. He claimed it was a "step up". In reality, he had a terrible time at Sprouts and quit so he could have an easier time at work. This is despicable behavior. If he manipulates the forum, why wouldn't he manipulate his managers or his parents?

Obviously, he doesn't have to share anything with us but a motif of the Update saga is deceptive behavior and there's no reason to believe that Bushie doesn't mislead his parents or his "friends".

edit: I think Bushie should get rid of his Atlas account. This is a fitting end to the Update saga: Bushie is inching closer to an early death, his employment record is at an all-time low and he's made no attempts to change his behavior. If this was a dark comedy, this would be a great conclusion to the series/film. I have no interest in reading this crap anymore.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1271 on: April 04, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »

bushie exhibits a lot of signs of being bipolar.  of course he doesnt believe in getting evaluated...so he will continue to be unemployable.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1272 on: April 04, 2015, 06:49:20 PM »

We may as well stop update at this point. Here's the agenda for the rest of Bushie's life:

- Work at a bunch of different call centers but never stay more than a few months
- Fantasize about getting some other type of job, but it almost never happens, and when it does it lasts a week or less
- Fantasize about losing weight, but never actually do it, but celebrate because "I don't weigh ____ yet, doesn't that count for something?"
- Die of a sudden heart attack OR get diabetes, refuse to take insulin because "god will keep me safe and alive no matter what", and die.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1273 on: April 04, 2015, 06:50:15 PM »

Am I the only who thinks that the past ten pages are incredibly dark?

Nope. It's seriously grim stuff.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1274 on: April 04, 2015, 06:57:43 PM »

yeah I'm starting to move into the "close Update and ban Bushie" camp, I really don't see anywhere else to go from here...
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies