Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:53:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161309 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: April 05, 2015, 03:54:54 AM »

It would be fitting. Update has officially crossed the line into grimdark, where Oklahoma is a desolate wasteland of scamming. Nobody gets a happy ending and even innocent little Sprouts is a victim. Update is now Warhammer 40K. It would make sense thematically for it to end at this, its bleakest moment.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1301 on: April 05, 2015, 05:33:24 AM »

It would be fitting. Update has officially crossed the line into grimdark, where Oklahoma is a desolate wasteland of scamming. Nobody gets a happy ending and even innocent little Sprouts is a victim. Update is now Warhammer 40K. It would make sense thematically for it to end at this, its bleakest moment.
Speaking of which, Allison's facial says that she is now engaging in some sort of tupperware pyramid scheme. Is she no longer working at the college?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1302 on: April 05, 2015, 08:22:59 AM »

Has Papa forgiven you for the April fools joke and had he slit his wrists over Sprouts and your two week vacation?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1303 on: April 05, 2015, 08:58:10 AM »

Last update post:  I moved into the dorms 9 days after my high school graduation on May 30, 2001 and started summer classes 2 weeks after graduation on June 4, 2001.
You were 19 when you finished high school? Any particular reason you were a year behind?

I got held back in the 1st grade.

How the hell is that even possible?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1304 on: April 05, 2015, 10:05:34 AM »

Update is never over. Our Dumb Fat Idiot lacks the self control to stop

Quoted for truth.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1305 on: April 05, 2015, 10:19:19 AM »

Last update post:  I moved into the dorms 9 days after my high school graduation on May 30, 2001 and started summer classes 2 weeks after graduation on June 4, 2001.
You were 19 when you finished high school? Any particular reason you were a year behind?

I got held back in the 1st grade.

How the hell is that even possible?

It's actually a lot easier to get left back in the early grades, especially if you're my age or a bit older like Bushie. At least back when I was going to elementary school in the late 80s, all it took was the teacher saying you weren't "ready" to move on (more likely in Kindergarten than 1st grade, though). It happened to my best friend in Kindergarten. We were inseparable since our parents introduced us when we were three, and with one stroke of a pen by the Kindergarten teacher, we were separated into different grades and rarely saw each other after that.

There's also illnesses/excessive absences. It's not all that unusual.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1306 on: April 05, 2015, 10:41:09 AM »

Update will never end. If it does, we may as well ban Bushie. The sad part is, however, Update was unable to stop him from this latest debacle. And it was so easily preventable.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1307 on: April 05, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »

hopefully papa bushie is through supporting bushie.  he couldnt be happy about the latest developments.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1308 on: April 05, 2015, 11:25:42 AM »

You guys are crazy.  They're not going to take him back.  Why else would they can his unreliable, flakey ass the same day he made his intentions to leave known?

Perhaps, but there's no way Sprouts would have let him stay on for the 2 extra weeks, even if he was an excellent employee. The store is going to give the hours over the next 2 weeks to someone who is going to stick around.

Granted, Sprouts probably wouldn't take him back if he asked (especially since he's waited this long), there's no drawback whatsoever in asking. It's literally a life-changer for Bushie, and he should absolutely try. If he begs, cries, plays the "Christian" card, and reminds them of his slight mental disorder and gullibility ("I fell for a scam!!"), they might take him back. If they don't, he hasn't lost anything.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1309 on: April 05, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »

There are other groceries that employ people! Sprouts may not give him another shot but somebody else likely would. All he has to do is go to a website and fill out an application. It isn't like he's busy doing anything else...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1310 on: April 05, 2015, 12:31:02 PM »

bushie should be on snagajob right now.

im sure instead he is napping and watching the super cable package.  it is easter, after all.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1311 on: April 05, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »

Bushie is enjoying his two week vacation! He can't ruin it with any job search nonsense, not when he's got such a promising career at Call Center #3478.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1312 on: April 05, 2015, 12:39:06 PM »

odf has another long vacation on the way in a couple of weeks, after he gets fired from the new call center.  praise the lord.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1313 on: April 05, 2015, 12:40:30 PM »

odf has another long vacation on the way in a couple of weeks, after he gets fired from the new call center.  praise the lord.

God's really showing off with all the vacations He's giving Bushie! #blessed
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1314 on: April 05, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »

so he quit the grocery job because a) a day or two of working there wore him out and b) he had this conversation with a former mail carrier that made him obsess about nerve damage, so he decided he really better c) quit.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1315 on: April 05, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »

Bushie quit because he grew bored with working. That's all there is to it. Everything else is a bs rationalization.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1316 on: April 05, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »

Yes. There is no perfect job for Our Dumb Fatso. He's a lazy and selfish waste. He could be given his own church and be too lazy to give sermons. He has no drive or self control and it's past the point of being worth teaching him any. All he wants to do is just watch TV and eat fast food alone. I just pray for his family's peace that he dies quickly.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1317 on: April 05, 2015, 02:10:52 PM »

Bushie quit because he grew bored with working. That's all there is to it. Everything else is a bs rationalization.

it is possible that the nerve damage became an obsessive fear rather than a post-haste rationalization.  this is not to say he would've continued working without running into this ex-mail carrier, but that his 'condition' would've seized onto something else.

ODF imagines all sorts of ailments for himself when he sitting around watching college football.  when exposed to a few consecutive days' work at a grocery store, he was likely to experience significant (but not dangerous) foot and back pain, etc.  this 'connected' with the nerve story and facilitated ODF's natural gravity towards inaction, inertia.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1318 on: April 05, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »

You guys are crazy.  They're not going to take him back.  Why else would they can his unreliable, flakey ass the same day he made his intentions to leave known?

you'd be surprised.  I've worked about 4 wage jobs in the past 5 years.  an awful lot depends on the supervisor.  I've seen people with truancy rates of 30-40% be maintained (since it's a wage job, if they don't show up they don't get paid). 

I even was one of these employees my last semester of college.  I was a raging alcoholic (and a "full-time student", occasionally having to do schoolwork) so I missed probably 40% of my shifts, but I was more or less an honorary employee at that point anyway.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1319 on: April 05, 2015, 02:25:17 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2015, 02:28:21 PM by Stone Cold Conservative »

Yeah the idea that Bushie would have been canned for not showing up is quite funny.  By the time it would be considered a firable offense the managers would just assume that he quit (a defacto firing).
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1320 on: April 05, 2015, 03:31:03 PM »

It is certainly possible to go and come from a grocery store type job (I know a couple kids who do it, come to think of it - it depends on when they are undertaking schooling), so if it was nothing fire-able, then it was just minor aches and pains for Bushie, and this is the easy way out.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1321 on: April 05, 2015, 06:42:51 PM »

Don't disturb him during his 2 week no pay vacation.  There's a super duper cable package to be watched.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1322 on: April 05, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »

Have you fessed up to your FB friends about the call center?  How about your sister in law?   
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1323 on: April 05, 2015, 07:45:17 PM »

Damn I'd love to know what the sister in law is thinking right now.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1324 on: April 05, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »

The idiots in this article could learn a lot from Update as Bushie not only uses their model but has exponentially increased the pace. 6 months per job. Pfft!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies