Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:23:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161441 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: March 15, 2015, 10:32:21 AM »

Does [redacted] smell like a nice, clean, grocery store Bushie?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:46:58 AM »

When I get to work, I cannot take my phone into the store with me, so I will have to leave it in the car.  Therefore, I will not post any update until the shift is over.  I may wait until I get home to update Facebook and the Forum.  So, expect a recap from me between 2230 and 2300 tonight!

Whaaa? I mean obviously our store doesn't want us on the phone while working (doesn't stop some people), but there's nothing against having the phone on us, and we all use it during break.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:34:58 AM »

Oh god, these job updates are already sounding VERY ominous. Three days and he's still learning how to wrap and put stickers on meat??

Eh cut him some slack here tbh. I just started working the seafood department in addition to being a cashier at the supermarket I work at, and unless you've actually wrapped before (my manager used to work at subway) it's a pain in the ass to learn.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:14:53 PM »

hamburger meat, Tostito chips, and a jar of that Tostitos Salsa Con Queso

What is that, Cheat Meal #27 for the week?

Nah Indy, a cheat meal is only when he eats out you see. Calories don't matter since preparing the meal with his own hands while standing, burns off all the calories of the food.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:40:20 AM »

Good Morning, guys.  I slept very well and for a long time.  I went to bed at 2200 and didn't wake up until 0840.  I've got a headache as a result of sleeping so long.  Oops.  Today, I need to do my laundry, pay my April rent, get my paycheck, and then go to that Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's this evening.  I will probably get started on my laundry at 1130.

Bushie, just do yourself a favor and wash down god knows what you'll eat with a beer for me. Tongue
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:24:56 AM »

Good Morning, guys.  I slept very well and for a long time.  I went to bed at 2200 and didn't wake up until 0840.  I've got a headache as a result of sleeping so long.  Oops.  Today, I need to do my laundry, pay my April rent, get my paycheck, and then go to that Young Adult Fellowship at Dave and Buster's this evening.  I will probably get started on my laundry at 1130.

Bushie, just do yourself a favor and wash down god knows what you'll eat with a beer for me. Tongue

This is a fantasy statement...

Oh yes, I forgot that Prohibition is still in effect in your parts. My apologies.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 08:53:17 AM »

Lol, sent home early on the first day? Can't say I'm surprised but still, that was fast.

Sure it may have been fast, but was it as fast as the four hours it took armed muslims to completely overtake the consulate in Benghazi?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 06:03:41 PM by The Truth About Benghazi »

it appears he was sent home early for a reason.

rip.

and all of those saying he will be demoted to bag boy...no way.  that job is much more physically demanding, especially if you have to collect the carts from the parking lot.  bushie wouldnt make it a half day in that position.

Yes, there's really nowhere to be demoted from here. First of all, I don't know about [redacted], but most grocery stores these days don't even have "bag boys"; either the cashier puts your stuff in the bag or you (the customer do). And being re-assigned as a cashier would be a promotion; based on my experience working in this kind of sector, cashiers get paid more and more is expected of them than the manual laborers. If standing is too demanding, then one of the other stock boy jobs (where he'll be walking around, pushing things, unloading crates, collecting carts, etc.) is going to be even more work.

I don't know how they do it in New York or how they do it in Oklahoma, but here we have bag boys (even though I'm a cashier, sometimes they'll just have me bag if it's slow, or all the registers already have cashiers before I get there.) And also at my store, any idiot kid can walk in and be given a cashier job at 16. I'm also a Seafood clerk (on a regular basis), and a Meat Clerk (much less frequently), and these positions are almost always given to people who started out as cashiers, or to people from outside with prior experience. Pay is equal unless of course you're a manager.

I also agree with Mitty. Bushie wouldn't survive 2 hours as a bagger. Not only is there the need to hop between registers every few minutes and then bag all of the orders, he would also need to retrieve carts from the parking lot, and at my store there is also maintenance required from the bag boy. Cleaning out bottle machines, taking out the trash etc. Tasks which can be annoying for me, and would be exhausting for Bushie.

Bushie, my advice is to try to do the very best job you can at [redacted] as a meat clerk. Meat clerk is literally my favorite job at my store, and can also be somewhat of a useful trade to learn if you get good at it. If your concern is about not being able to pay the bills, I'd suggest that you either pick up a second job, or pick up more hours, but we all know you simply don't want to, and simply can't given the shape you're in. At very least stay on for 6 months if you want to have any type of resume going forward.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »

Really? That's strange. I haven't seen a dedicated bagboy(/girl) in many, many years. It seems like a huge waste of money to me. When I worked at Costco in high school, the cashiers were definitely higher up in the food chain than us lowly folks in charge of stocking the shelves, unloading the boxes, etc. I think I got paid like $10/hour while the cashiers made like $18/hour. They also had actual training, while I was just told to go start filling shelves with food.

Yeah see at my store a lot of the exclusive baggers (not all) are special needs. We have this one kid with down syndrome who just bags and grabs carts from the parking lot. We have a middle aged woman with really obvious OCD who just bags and grabs cars, and a pair of brothers who do the same. I mean some of those who just bag are just young stoners (some of my good pals Tongue), but for some reason, it doesn't seem like most of our customers are willing to bag their own sh**t. And when there's $300 worth of food and a line behind them, and the cashier is trying to ring it all up, and it's piling up, there is a certain need for dedicated baggers.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 09:02:05 AM »

Maybe the day bushie was sent home early he was actually fired?

I'm beginning to think this is what actually happened. The reason Bushie isn't going back, is because he can't. And to avoid the heat, he applied for the one job he knew he'd get hired for. The ol call center.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »

I wonder if there are any unionized grocery stores in Oklahoma. If Bushie was serious about being regretful over Sprout's, he could get a job at said store, and have tremendous job security. (good enough that even he would have security) Of course, I'm pretty sure unions are illegal in Oklahoma. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies