Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:41:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161475 times)
J-Mann
United States

« on: March 11, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »

So, I gather by this purchase you aren't going to attempt to stand 8 hours in the next 12 11 days and will just assume your magic shoes will solve the problem.

I have nothing to stand up 8 hours for.  I have no practical reason other than conditioning to do so.

That's a practical reason, dopey. We are trying to tell you that, in order to maximize your chances of succeeding, you should put your body through some trials NOW.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:08:10 PM »

So, I gather by this purchase you aren't going to attempt to stand 8 hours in the next 12 11 days and will just assume your magic shoes will solve the problem.

I have nothing to stand up 8 hours for.  I have no practical reason other than conditioning to do so.

That's a practical reason, dopey. We are trying to tell you that, in order to maximize your chances of succeeding, you should put your body through some trials NOW.

What would I do while I'm standing for 8 hours?  I am not going to walk for 8 hours.  I will play on the internet some, but that's hard to do standing up.  I just have nothing to do while I'm standing up for 8 hours.  I'll be fine.  Trust me.

Why is it that we all care about your success more than you do?

Here's a novel idea: choose eight different locations around Oklahoma City to visit and walk around in them all in one day. Whatever you want ... a mall, a Walmart, a Cracker Barrel, whatever. Just keep moving. Maybe a zoo (it's nice out now) or a park. See things you haven't seen, keep your mind occupied and just walk. Maybe download an audiobook and listen to it while you walk in a park. Change locations if you need to keep interested. Just keep moving.

I wish you would trust us that this job will physically wreck someone like you if you refuse to do some basic conditioning.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:39:37 PM »

What would I do while I'm standing for 8 hours?  I am not going to walk for 8 hours.  I will play on the internet some, but that's hard to do standing up.  I just have nothing to do while I'm standing up for 8 hours.  I'll be fine.  Trust me.

Why is it that we all care about your success more than you do?

Here's a novel idea: choose eight different locations around Oklahoma City to visit and walk around in them all in one day. Whatever you want ... a mall, a Walmart, a Cracker Barrel, whatever. Just keep moving. Maybe a zoo (it's nice out now) or a park. See things you haven't seen, keep your mind occupied and just walk. Maybe download an audiobook and listen to it while you walk in a park. Change locations if you need to keep interested. Just keep moving.

I wish you would trust us that this job will physically wreck someone like you if you refuse to do some basic conditioning.

I can do it.  I will be on my feet for no more than 2 to 2 1/2 hours at a time.  I will have 2 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch that I can sit down.  I have no doubt I will be very, very sore, but it will be good for me.  I have plans for the rest of the week and the weekend and I'm not going to break those.  You all have to trust me.  I will be fine.

Do you know how hollow that rings? You literally say this every time you start a new position. Why is this time different?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:10:15 PM »

I'm afraid that Jeff's refusal to do the bare minimum to prepare his body or even respond to my suggestion that he try to go walking in new or interesting locations doesn't bode well for his prospects. This will play out as it always has: smug overconfidence before the job, excuses and ignorance while on the job, realization of what should have been done only after the job is gone.

Anyone care to predict a Bushie post from a month from now?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:25:40 AM »

bushie, you're throwing this opportunity away. if you don't get used to standing for long periods of time now, you will lose your job within a month. this is not an exaggeration.

You don't know that.  You can't say for certain that I'm done for because I have a chair now.  Instead, I'm trying a different approach, I'm staying off my feet as much as I can so they can be fresh for the first day.  That's not the wrong approach, nor is it a detrimental approach.

That is physically, scientifically, factually the exact wrong approach.

If I want to run a marathon, would you recommend rest and not breathing much to keep my lungs fresh? You are an incompetent, stubborn fool who might as well literally drive up here and spit in my face, since you outright reject facts from those who have done this before.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:31:54 AM »

And what's absolutely mind-blowing about all these is that no one is recommending that you do anything more than WALK. Are you so physically incapable, mentally dense and organizationally inept that you can't do even this?

I'll support you when people recommend things that are out of reach -- you weren't going to turn into a gormet chef in a few weeks and would only open yourself up to further tirades if you attempted to cook "to be familiar with meat." But Jesus Christ, Jeff ... WALKING.

I'm over 100 pounds lighter than you and have a lot of experience with both exercise and manual labor. I'm not f*****g around with my recommendations. They're proven to help, and I have your success in mind. Why do you insist on doing the opposite?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 09:43:24 AM »

Why not get outside RIGHT NOW and walk? What are you doing otherwise? Sitting on your ass reading the Forum? TV? There's nothing more important that you could be doing than this right now.

bushie, you're throwing this opportunity away. if you don't get used to standing for long periods of time now, you will lose your job within a month. this is not an exaggeration.

You don't know that.  You can't say for certain that I'm done for because I have a chair now.  Instead, I'm trying a different approach, I'm staying off my feet as much as I can so they can be fresh for the first day.  That's not the wrong approach, nor is it a detrimental approach.

That is physically, scientifically, factually the exact wrong approach.

If I want to run a marathon, would you recommend rest and not breathing much to keep my lungs fresh? You are an incompetent, stubborn fool who might as well literally drive up here and spit in my face, since you outright reject facts from those who have done this before.

Okay, maybe that is not a good approach, but I still go back to the notion that it's just not practical right now for me to stand up for several hours a day.  The situations I find myself in and the set up of the rooms I find myself in do not lend themselves to stand up for 8 hours and continue to do every single thing I would be doing while sitting down.

WALK JEFF. Take the family and friends you want to visit with out with you! Recommend you go visit a park or a zoo or a farmer's market to spend some time together, and be honest that you're acclimating your body to a heavier physical load. Damnit, just do it!

You have valid arguments, but until you spend an entire week walking step-by-step with me, you cannot judge me as being lazy or incompetent or intentionally throwing away a golden opportunity anything of the like.  I am doing what I can with the situations I've been given.  If that's not good enough for you then too bad.  I will be fine with this job.  I know I will be sore everyday, but that will only last 2-3 weeks maximum and then I'll get used to it.  READ MY LIPS:  I WILL BE FINE!!!!

We have walked with you, by following your every move for half-a-decade. It's why we are recommending what we are. Spend time WALKING. The only reason you wouldn't now is pure laziness.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »

Calm down, guys.  I'm just pulling your chains...  I will get outside and walk again this afternoon for a little while.  It won't be 8 hours, but it will be 30 minutes or so.  I'll have all afternoon that I can walk and I will try to stand as much as I can when I'm visiting with family.  I won't be standing continuously, but I will stand more than I sit.  I will sit down to eat dinner, but I can stand for the majority of 4 hours or so this afternoon.  I'll figure out tomorrow out when I get past today.

No chance of actually taking said family or visiting friends to someplace more scenic to walk?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »

Guys, it doesn't matter how much walking/standing Bushie does now, he's not going to last in his job. He's not going to have any vacation days or sick days for months. We all know ODF needs at least one sick day per week. I give him less than a month. He's too sickly to get through this. Sad

A challenge?  I like it!

No you don't. Your entire life to-date has proven you hate challenge. You like the IDEA of being successful, but when it comes to actually following through and taking on a challenge, you've never had what it takes to see something through.

- The most-recent diet is no longer mentioned; it died, along with all the others
 - You plan to exercise, you never do
 - You look for quicky relationships and marriages but don't know what it takes to build a long-term, lasting relationship
 - The most success you've had in any job is when you can fly under the radar; anything that requires accountability has chewed you up and spit you out

So drop the "I like challenge" nonsense. You like ease. That is been proven again and again.

You DO have an opportunity to do your best at this coming job, though, if you pull yourself away from the computer / TV / couch and go walking. Go to a park. Go to a mall. Go to a Walmart. Just go walk. That's all -- you have nothing more pressing or important today that demands so much time that you cannot go do this.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »

Guys, it doesn't matter how much walking/standing Bushie does now, he's not going to last in his job. He's not going to have any vacation days or sick days for months. We all know ODF needs at least one sick day per week. I give him less than a month. He's too sickly to get through this. Sad

A challenge?  I like it!

No you don't. Your entire life to-date has proven you hate challenge. You like the IDEA of being successful, but when it comes to actually following through and taking on a challenge, you've never had what it takes to see something through.

- The most-recent diet is no longer mentioned; it died, along with all the others
 - You plan to exercise, you never do
 - You look for quicky relationships and marriages but don't know what it takes to build a long-term, lasting relationship
 - The most success you've had in any job is when you can fly under the radar; anything that requires accountability has chewed you up and spit you out

So drop the "I like challenge" nonsense. You like ease. That is been proven again and again.

You DO have an opportunity to do your best at this coming job, though, if you pull yourself away from the computer / TV / couch and go walking. Go to a park. Go to a mall. Go to a Walmart. Just go walk. That's all -- you have nothing more pressing or important today that demands so much time that you cannot go do this.

In one ear and out the other, Jesse. 

Those of you better at researching Update history wouldn't need to go back too far to see me saying the same sort of thing to Jeff regarding his new diet and exercise plan. And, of course, he told me that this fine was going to be different, that I didn't know anything and was just being negative, and that my words were motivation for him to succeed.

And where are we, Jeff? Why did that "challenge" fail so miserably?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »

Remember the Ice Cream Challenge? 30 days no ice cream and he had a dinner of nothing but ice cream 4 days in.

That was an incredible saga.  I didn't even think he was that big into ice cream and he loses the challenge in epic fashion less than a week in.  He could've gotten ANYTHING off the dessert menu. 

But, in typical Jeff fashion, he was ready with a "it's no big deal, I didn't fail" excuse. And you know what excuses are like, right, Jeff?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »

I am super excited about the extra training I will get next week.  The lady I talked to this afternoon gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her over the weekend if I have questions.  That was a nice gesture.  It also gives me a good feeling about this company.  I've already had to ask her one question.

what was the one question

"Will there be standing involved?"
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 09:34:16 PM »

I'm home from Grandma's.  My family received some big and happy news this evening.  My cousin from Las Vegas just proposed to his girlfriend in Germany of all places!!  We met her this evening and she is a very nice and very bubbly young lady.  My heart is happy!!  So, I will be welcoming a new cousin-by-marriage into the family very soon!  They don't have a date set, they are just enjoying engagement for now!

Did they date for just four weeks, or did they give it a bit longer before he made this life-altering commitment?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.  That said if I can get my food right then the standing is GUARANTEED to make me lose weight.

So, when are you starting this marathon? Because you've completely punted on this last "diet." If only idle planning and wishful thinking burned calories, eh?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 10:35:53 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Again, if you're at 289 now, then you've *gained* a net of one pound since the "diet" started last month.

Hence you seem to be running the marathon backwards.  At the present rate, you'll marathon to 300 within a year.

The marathon hasn't started, yet.

So what happened to the last diet that you were so committed to and insistent that you were going to prove us all wrong?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 10:44:48 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 10:49:56 PM by J-Mann »

Why is everyone suddenly on my case again?  I'm just confident about the health benefits of this job, is that a reason to hit me over the head with the failure of the last diet?

Yes. I'm hoping you recognize how the last one failed and improve on that. This is why we don't believe you, Jeff. The last diet was "going to be different." Look where it ended up (or do you not think it was a failure?).

You are mentally weak, and pointing that out in your case is an attempt to get you to recognize how mentally weak you have been. If you're going to succeed at anything, new job included, you've got to actually DO and COMMIT. Get it?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 08:34:33 PM »

My vote for the title of Update XXIII.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 11:30:34 PM »

I am definitely going to feel every one of my muscles in the morning...  I am not as sore as I thought I would be, but I definitely know every single one of muscles right now.  My feet are killing me right now, and they are propped up right now.  I'm really not hungry right now despite having supper 8 1/2 hours ago.  Any dispute whether this constituted as exercise has been answered with a resounding YES, IT IS EXERCISE!!!  I never stood still, not for more than 90 seconds at a time.  I kept moving the entire 5 1/2 hours.  I just checked the scale this evening and I'm already a good 2, nearly 3, pounds lighter than I was this morning...  I am down to 287 right now, almost to 286.  If I can keep this up, this weight will come off at a pretty decent clip.

If you keep up this pace, you'll be non-existent in just 95 days! Praise!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 11:47:18 PM »

Do some light stretching before you go to bed. It will help your muscles feel less tight tomorrow. Google "light stretches before sleep" or something to get an idea of what to do.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »

I can't give Jeff any crap about having the AC on already. I've had mine on for nearly two weeks since it warmed up considerably, although it's back to heat now thanks to a cold front. I don't like the heat and certainly can't sleep in it.

Then again, I pay my own electric bill ... so there's that.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 12:26:34 PM »

I can't give Jeff any crap about having the AC on already. I've had mine on for nearly two weeks since it warmed up considerably, although it's back to heat now thanks to a cold front. I don't like the heat and certainly can't sleep in it.

Then again, I pay my own electric bill ... so there's that.

It wasn't so much Bushie turning the AC on because it got warm that was the issue, it was the fact is was in the 50's when he did it.

In (possibly undue) fairness to him, it did get quite warm in the Plains states for a period of about a week, and then a cold front moved in. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and guessing that he didn't turn it on when the temperature hit 50, but turned it on when it hit 80 all of the sudden and just happened to tell the story after it had dropped again.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »

I had a safe trip to Shawnee and back.  I left at 0550 this morning and got home around 1040.  I laid down for a little while, but was only able to sleep until 1220.  I am currently watching Buffalo vs. West Virginia on TNT and at halftime, I will go in and start getting ready.  I will follow the same procedure as Tuesday by eating an early supper at 1445, changing into my shirt at 1515, having a prayer time at 1540, watching the news at 1600, and leaving at 1625.  I'm looking forward to another great night at work.   I now have an idea of what to do.  I still need lots of training and I hope to be a sponge again tonight, but I can go in having a general idea of what needs to be done.  I know tonight we will start cleaning things up at 1900, even though we don't close until 2200.  If we start cleaning early, we can get out just after 2200 instead of 2230.

As both an hourly employee and a brand new staff member, why are you already thinking about how to get off of work "early?"
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »

I think your new job has potential, Jeff, and I'm happy to see you're enjoying it so far. You have to understand where the comments are coming from -- your grocery list, such as it was, included nothing that will help you be healthy, and that's something everyone seems to want but you! Bagel bites!? Come on ... that's not a meal. People would be a lot less hard on you if you showed some progress and steamed a vegetable or two along with a lean cut of chicken.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 04:15:33 PM »

There has been a little delay in the oil change.  My dipstick came apart and won't go back together.  So, they're having to run to a local dealership and get one.  He said they're only like $22 so it's not bad.  It'll just cost me more time.  I've been here for 2 hours already for a mere oil change...

Classic Bushie conundrum.  Let me guess...  now you'll have no time to possibly search for healthy food at Wal-Mart!  Gersh dernit!

Not exactly.  The laundry only took an hour and 45 minutes, so now I'm about to make a menu and grocery list and go shopping.  After that, I'll be able to relax and unwind for the evening and get ready for Day 3.

Why are you "maybe" buying fruit if you say you find them delicious?  Forget the veggies if you don't like them.  Get grapes, mangos, tangerines, apples, etc.

I've got green beans, English peas, baby carrots, bananas, and oranges on my list.  I've made a menu that will include the veggies for the first half of the week.  I will make a menu for the latter half of the week probably on Tuesday and do the appropriate shopping then.  I don't want to get ground beef now and have it go to waste by Thursday.  I'll use my ground beef (AKA hamburger meat) for Monday and Tuesday.

Meat can be frozen.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 08:14:57 PM »

hamburger meat, Tostito chips, and a jar of that Tostitos Salsa Con Queso

What is that, Cheat Meal #27 for the week?

There is no diet, so there are no cheat meals.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies