Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:17:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161375 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 11, 2015, 08:29:29 PM »

I have plans for the rest of the week and the weekend and I'm not going to break those.

And just what are these plans?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:57:01 PM »

I have plans for the rest of the week and the weekend and I'm not going to break those.

A lot of family time and meeting up with a couple of my missionary friends to China who are in the States for 6 months.

What do you do during "family time"?  Sit around and talk?  You could try standing and talking, you know.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »

A lot of family time and meeting up with a couple of my missionary friends to China who are in the States for 6 months.

What do you do during "family time"?  Sit around and talk?  You could try standing and talking, you know.

That would be quite awkward and may make everyone else uncomfortable.

Update XXIII: Awkward and Uncomfortable Standing

No, seriously, how many family members are we talking about here?  If it's just your parents, what's the big deal?  You don't need to block out all day to talk to them.  If it's a bunch of people visiting from out of town…are you telling me that at family gatherings, no one ever has a conversation while standing up?  You never talk to people while you're standing?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:29:24 AM »

bushie, you're throwing this opportunity away. if you don't get used to standing for long periods of time now, you will lose your job within a month. this is not an exaggeration.

You don't know that.  You can't say for certain that I'm done for because I have a chair now.  Instead, I'm trying a different approach, I'm staying off my feet as much as I can so they can be fresh for the first day.  That's not the wrong approach, nor is it a detrimental approach.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this.  Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 10:54:37 AM »

Who here even knows who their aunt's fathers in law are? (excluding your own grandfather of course)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZd_YyFzPD0
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »

It's very nice of the Browns to gather to hold a birthday party for an old man they aren't related to at all.

Clarification: the Browns are not hosting the birthday party nor are we invited.  We are hosting a dinner tonight with all of our family together.  The family of the birthday man will hold a birthday party for him tomorrow.  The Browns have a free day tomorrow.

Which I'm sure you'll spend on physical training for your imminent employment, right?

Oh wait, never mind, not sure what I was thinking.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »

So you've given up on withholding the name of your employer from this thread?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 11:40:32 AM »

This is why Mondale84 will beat you.  "Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb."--Dark Helmet
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 10:36:07 PM »

All the more reason for you to shave yours.  Otherwise, you'll be stuck inside bad sitcom plots in which you keep getting mistaken for the meat manager, and are asked to make managerial decisions that you're unqualified for.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 09:05:30 AM »

Fun fact: If I Google "cleaning up the meat" in quotes, then this thread is the fifth result.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »

24 hours from right now, I will be reporting for my first day of training at the Tulsa-Harvard Ave location!

Good thing you're not dropping any clues as to the name of this store.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:10 PM »

Just did a quick google search and it shows that just standing for 5 1/2 hours a day like I will do tomorrow and Friday, at my weight (289), I can burn over 800 calories per day.

You're back up to 289?  So you've gained a net 1 pound since beginning your "diet" last month?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=207307.msg4508418#msg4508418

I'll make sure I do some indoor exercising on Wednesday.

What's wrong with outdoor exercise?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:57 PM »

How many cheat days have you used up this week? What will be your final pre-work meal?

I have used one, I ordered pizza last night.  My final pre-work meal will be at 1445 tomorrow afternoon and I don't know what I'll have, yet.

You'll be eating dinner at 2:45pm??
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 10:33:30 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Again, if you're at 289 now, then you've *gained* a net of one pound since the "diet" started last month.

Hence you seem to be running the marathon backwards.  At the present rate, you'll marathon to 300 within a year.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 10:34:56 PM »

I will start the job tomorrow, so this means I will start standing for long periods tomorrow.  I just need to regulate my food intake and I'm golden.

How are you going to regulate your food intake?  What are you actually going to do that's different from what you're already doing?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 10:35:42 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Again, if you're at 289 now, then you've *gained* a net of one pound since the "diet" started last month.

Hence you seem to be running the marathon backwards.  At the present rate, you'll marathon to 300 within a year.

The marathon hasn't started, yet.

If this "diet" wasn't part of the marathon, then what was the point of it?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 10:47:39 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 10:49:16 PM by Mr. Morden »

Why is everyone suddenly on my case again?  I'm just confident about the health benefits of this job, is that a reason to hit me over the head with the failure of the last diet?

I was just asking questions.  Is the "diet" you've been on now over, replaced by something new?  If so, then what?  You say you just need to "regulate what I eat".  What are you going to do in that regard that's different from the "diet" that you're currently on?

I don't know why you would interpret such questions as hostile.  These are pretty basic questions in response to what you just said.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 11:48:10 PM »

...and if I can just regulate my eating habits...

But you have yet to explain how you're going to do that.  You are like Congressional Republicans, with their imaginary "health care reform alternative" to Obamacare.  If you haven't even presented a plan of your own (much less put it into action), then why should we put any stock in it?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »

I haven't figured out a plan, yet, but the problem is I don't have any healthy food in my house at the moment.

That sucks.  How does this keep happening to you?  Sad  Perhaps you should fire the person who's been buying your groceries over the course of your diet?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 10:00:09 PM »

I will be taking over several of my own bills, especially my Tulsa based bills like my rent, utilities, cable, etc. 

Several of your bills, not all?  You won't be making enough to cover all of your expenses?  Is that because your current spending is greater than your take home pay, or is it solely due to the fact that you have to keep making interest payments on past debts?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 09:16:11 AM »

At what temperature do you turn on the air conditioner?  IIRC, don't you turn it on when it's barely 70 degrees?  Maybe you could just get by with a fan for a while, and save money?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 01:27:32 PM »

Yeah, I just looked on weather.com, and it says high of 61 in Tulsa today.  Why on Earth would you have needed AC this morning?  There's no law that says that you always need either heating or AC on.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »

Yet, you apparently have no interest in answering it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 06:04:01 PM »

I do get cold, but for every one time I get cold, I get hot 10 more times.

Update XXIII: Getting Hot 10 more times
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »

What was for lunch/dinner today?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies