Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:59:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161354 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 24, 2015, 12:44:57 PM »

Also, is anybody really angry at Bushie when we tell him to eat a salad instead of nachos? I think the anger and lashing is a projection of ODF's feeling when he reads he cannot eat ground beef as a diet.

I really wish Bushie would change his mind about stuff.

Here's a wishlist I have for Bushie:

1) 30 minutes of exercise a day
2) Daily pushups/situps/crunches (only 10/25/10 would at least do something)
3) Drink diet soda only
4) Have a daily multivitamin
5) Drink V8 V-Fusion or something to at least get some fruits/veggies in him
6) Cut bread intake
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 02:19:42 PM »

Also, is anybody really angry at Bushie when we tell him to eat a salad instead of nachos? I think the anger and lashing is a projection of ODF's feeling when he reads he cannot eat ground beef as a diet.

I really wish Bushie would change his mind about stuff.

Here's a wishlist I have for Bushie:

1) 30 minutes of exercise a day
2) Daily pushups/situps/crunches (only 10/25/10 would at least do something)
3) Drink diet soda only
4) Have a daily multivitamin
5) Drink V8 V-Fusion or something to at least get some fruits/veggies in him
6) Cut bread intake

I think you are greatly overestimating both Jeff's abilities and the benefits of these types of activities at this point. Maybe he can think about these types of exercises after he's shed 100 pounds. Until then, cardio and basic movements ought to be his focus. God Himself couldn't get Jeff to do 10 push-ups or 25 sit-ups at this point.

But 10 pushups/25 situps/10 crunches a day is absolutely nothing.  You can do that in 1 commercial break. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »

10 pushups for a 289 lb man with no muscle buildup is an impossible feat. He needs to walk/eat off a lot of fat first.

Some of the folks on The Biggest Loser are even heavier and can still manage to do pushups.  Granted, maybe Bushie might need to do 5 sets of 2 pushups each (as ridiculous as that sounds) to start off with, where each set is spaced throughout the day.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 10:46:23 AM »

Will walking or standing be part of today's agenda?

Probably not.  I'm going to save my feet for the 8 hour shift tomorrow.

Pure BS.  Not standing at all will only make your muscles stiffer and make tomorrow's shift harder.

If anything, you should stand as if you were working.....you need the exercise!

Also, Bushie, start drinking V8 V-Fusions.  You really need the fruits and veggies, and you'll probably find the taste tolerable.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 01:08:01 PM »

I guess he may as well drink V8 drinks, but they're full of sugar too. I guess it has vitamins in it though, so it's better to drink sugar with vitamins instead of just sugar syrup.

That's the point.  They're sugary enough so Bushie will drink him, but he'll get the vitamins/minerals his body desperately lacks.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »

Why can't he just eat fruit? Fruit at [redacted] sounds dirt cheap plus he has a discount card. And it will be right there for the taking around lunch time. He should be stuff his face with fresh fruit all day long.

Well, that's a good idea too.  I was focusing more on finding a way for Bushie to eat veggies, which seems like a Herculean task. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

Most churches these days have a traditional and contemporary service in my area.  Baptist churches are doctrinally strict but generally not super-formal here.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 02:36:58 PM »

It is a little bit concerning that every single thing is super peachy at Bushie's job. No job is perfect. That Bushie tries to paint such a rosy picture all the time makes me think that he's hiding something. Bushie, name something about your job that is less than perfect. Anything.

Maybe the problem isn't with Bushie, but with [redacted]. I mean, how much of a market could there really be for a grocery store like that in exurban Oklahoma? All they care about up there is getting their processed corn syrup for as cheap as possible. And they already have Walmart for that.

It'll start with them trying to reduce people's hours and then Jeff will start getting Sundays off and be happy about that. Then they'll start giving him Fridays off too and then, woohoo, three day weekend every weekend! And then one day he'll pull into the parking lot only to find that the lights are off and the place is completely shuttered and his last paycheck is mysteriously missing.

You'd be surprised, but all the [redacted] stores are packed nearly all the time.  They are very successful in both OKC and Tulsa.  Even in Oklahoma more and more people are becoming conscious about what they eat.  They are becoming more and more conscious about what goes into their food and what their meat was given in its life.  They also like the freshness that [redacted] provides.  We are much more fresh than Walmart or a typical grocery store.  The biggest thing is people don't have to burn their entire paychecks to eat healthy.  We have ridiculously low prices and have sales all the time.  This company is about to open their 4th store in OKC and are trying to purchase land in Sapulpa (SW suburb of Tulsa) for their 5th store in the Tulsa area.  This company is very successful and there's no signs of it going down hill.

Bushie, has your diet improved since starting to work at Sprouts?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 08:51:33 PM »

Bushie have you been eating at Sprouts during your lunch break or are you driving to get food?

I actually haven't had anything at lunch except a swig from the water fountain.  I only get 30 minutes for lunch and I want to be off my feet as much as possible during that short break.  I will probably end up bringing my lunch, or I may just get lunch after I get home if I work the early, early shift like I will to start the month of April (4:00-12:30).  I don't really feel like eating a turkey wrap at 8:00 am which would be my meal break, so I may just get a bowl of cereal before I leave for work and then wait to eat until I get home.  It will really be on a day-by-day basis.  I probably won't do the same thing each day because of the variety of shifts I can work.

While it's well known skipping breakfast is bad for one's health, skipping lunch isn't good either.  It slows down your metabolism during the times when your body could be burning the most (active in the daytime) due to 10 hours or so between meals.   You should ideally snack on mixed nuts during your job and have a small lunch packed with protein and veggies but few carbs.  Eating 2 meals a day just kills your metabolism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies