Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:49:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161465 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: March 11, 2015, 05:57:50 PM »

I'll start the season off with this:  Mom and I went to Walmart this evening and I stood on the foot mapping to see what level of Orthopedic insoles I need.  It said I had low arches and high foot pressure.  We made an investment in the comfort insoles to help improve my durability and hopefully give my feet, legs, and back better support, making them less tired and achy at the end of a long day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 06:06:07 PM »

I'll start the season off with this:  Mom and I went to Walmart this evening and I stood on the foot mapping to see what level of Orthopedic insoles I need.  It said I had low arches and high foot pressure.  We made an investment in the comfort insoles to help improve my durability and hopefully give my feet, legs, and back better support, making them less tired and achy at the end of a long day.

"Investment"? What'd they bang you for those?

$50
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »

Let's just hope this expensive new standing gear from Walmart gets more use than the expensive new walking gear from Walmart Bushie once bough.

Considering they'll be in my shoes, then they should get more use.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »

So, I gather by this purchase you aren't going to attempt to stand 8 hours in the next 12 11 days and will just assume your magic shoes will solve the problem.

I have nothing to stand up 8 hours for.  I have no practical reason other than conditioning to do so.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 11:50:40 PM by Badger »

Hey fat guy. did you walk today. ?

Yes, I walked for 30 minutes earlier today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 07:39:22 PM »

So, I gather by this purchase you aren't going to attempt to stand 8 hours in the next 12 11 days and will just assume your magic shoes will solve the problem.

I have nothing to stand up 8 hours for.  I have no practical reason other than conditioning to do so.

That's a practical reason, dopey. We are trying to tell you that, in order to maximize your chances of succeeding, you should put your body through some trials NOW.

What would I do while I'm standing for 8 hours?  I am not going to walk for 8 hours.  I will play on the internet some, but that's hard to do standing up.  I just have nothing to do while I'm standing up for 8 hours.  I'll be fine.  Trust me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »

That's a practical reason, dopey. We are trying to tell you that, in order to maximize your chances of succeeding, you should put your body through some trials NOW.

What would I do while I'm standing for 8 hours?  I am not going to walk for 8 hours.  I will play on the internet some, but that's hard to do standing up.  I just have nothing to do while I'm standing up for 8 hours.  I'll be fine.  Trust me.

Why is it that we all care about your success more than you do?

Here's a novel idea: choose eight different locations around Oklahoma City to visit and walk around in them all in one day. Whatever you want ... a mall, a Walmart, a Cracker Barrel, whatever. Just keep moving. Maybe a zoo (it's nice out now) or a park. See things you haven't seen, keep your mind occupied and just walk. Maybe download an audiobook and listen to it while you walk in a park. Change locations if you need to keep interested. Just keep moving.

I wish you would trust us that this job will physically wreck someone like you if you refuse to do some basic conditioning.

I can do it.  I will be on my feet for no more than 2 to 2 1/2 hours at a time.  I will have 2 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch that I can sit down.  I have no doubt I will be very, very sore, but it will be good for me.  I have plans for the rest of the week and the weekend and I'm not going to break those.  You all have to trust me.  I will be fine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 08:39:56 PM »

I have plans for the rest of the week and the weekend and I'm not going to break those.

And just what are these plans?

A lot of family time and meeting up with a couple of my missionary friends to China who are in the States for 6 months.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »

How many family dinners in this 5 day vacation?  12?  20?

3 more (4 total).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:24 PM »

I have plans for the rest of the week and the weekend and I'm not going to break those.

And just what are these plans?

A lot of family time and meeting up with a couple of my missionary friends to China who are in the States for 6 months.

What do you do during "family time"?  Sit around and talk?  You could try standing and talking, you know.

That would be quite awkward and may make everyone else uncomfortable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 09:09:12 AM »

bushie, you're throwing this opportunity away. if you don't get used to standing for long periods of time now, you will lose your job within a month. this is not an exaggeration.

You don't know that.  You can't say for certain that I'm done for because I have a chair now.  Instead, I'm trying a different approach, I'm staying off my feet as much as I can so they can be fresh for the first day.  That's not the wrong approach, nor is it a detrimental approach.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »

bushie, you're throwing this opportunity away. if you don't get used to standing for long periods of time now, you will lose your job within a month. this is not an exaggeration.

You don't know that.  You can't say for certain that I'm done for because I have a chair now.  Instead, I'm trying a different approach, I'm staying off my feet as much as I can so they can be fresh for the first day.  That's not the wrong approach, nor is it a detrimental approach.

That is physically, scientifically, factually the exact wrong approach.

If I want to run a marathon, would you recommend rest and not breathing much to keep my lungs fresh? You are an incompetent, stubborn fool who might as well literally drive up here and spit in my face, since you outright reject facts from those who have done this before.

Okay, maybe that is not a good approach, but I still go back to the notion that it's just not practical right now for me to stand up for several hours a day.  The situations I find myself in and the set up of the rooms I find myself in do not lend themselves to stand up for 8 hours and continue to do every single thing I would be doing while sitting down.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 09:41:01 AM »

You have valid arguments, but until you spend an entire week walking step-by-step with me, you cannot judge me as being lazy or incompetent or intentionally throwing away a golden opportunity anything of the like.  I am doing what I can with the situations I've been given.  If that's not good enough for you then too bad.  I will be fine with this job.  I know I will be sore everyday, but that will only last 2-3 weeks maximum and then I'll get used to it.  READ MY LIPS:  I WILL BE FINE!!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »

Find yourself in a different situation then... I don't get why it's weird to be standing up in a room while talking to a person. Or to stand up while watching TV.

The layout of the room matters to.  I am not going to rearrange the room to make it more accessible.  It's easy to stand up doing those things, but I don't have a counter to set my laptop on to stand behind and watch TV.  And, I am not going to intentionally find a new situation just for 10 days of preparation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 09:50:24 AM »

Calm down, guys.  I'm just pulling your chains...  I will get outside and walk again this afternoon for a little while.  It won't be 8 hours, but it will be 30 minutes or so.  I'll have all afternoon that I can walk and I will try to stand as much as I can when I'm visiting with family.  I won't be standing continuously, but I will stand more than I sit.  I will sit down to eat dinner, but I can stand for the majority of 4 hours or so this afternoon.  I'll figure out tomorrow out when I get past today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 09:55:21 AM »

Nobody's asking you to stand up for dinner, just stand up. You don't need to figure anything out or plan anything or reconfigure the layout of your apartment. Just freakin' stand up. You can do it literally right now. Right now you are sitting in a chair and if you stand up, you are standing up.

I'll stand up for several hours this afternoon and then again this evening after dinner.  I'll find a way to play on the Internet at the same time this evening, but I will stand for a few hours today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »

Calm down, guys.  I'm just pulling your chains...  I will get outside and walk again this afternoon for a little while.  It won't be 8 hours, but it will be 30 minutes or so.  I'll have all afternoon that I can walk and I will try to stand as much as I can when I'm visiting with family.  I won't be standing continuously, but I will stand more than I sit.  I will sit down to eat dinner, but I can stand for the majority of 4 hours or so this afternoon.  I'll figure out tomorrow out when I get past today.

No chance of actually taking said family or visiting friends to someplace more scenic to walk?

Probably not today, but I do intend to visit one or two of them next week in Tulsa.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 10:19:12 AM »

Sig's so you can read it every day after you've been canned.

One good way to remedy that.  Turn sigs off!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »

Guys, it doesn't matter how much walking/standing Bushie does now, he's not going to last in his job. He's not going to have any vacation days or sick days for months. We all know ODF needs at least one sick day per week. I give him less than a month. He's too sickly to get through this. Sad

A challenge?  I like it!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »

Lol. We all know bushie won't last a month on this job, so why hound him? He won't listen, and he'll either be downgraded to bag boy or fired within a month. He can't stand 8 hours. The notion that he actually will make it day after day is just laughable and surely even he doesn't believe he can do it.

See now, that's a discouraging post.  You said you weren't trying to discourage me.  Thankfully, my skin is too thick to listen to your nonsense.  You may not have faith, but you cannot post it publicly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »

I believe he can do it. He's just making it impossibly hard on himself for no reason.

That's an encouraging response to Duke's nonsense.  I know I can do it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 03:34:37 PM »

I'm just being realistic. I wish Bushie took this job seriously, but refusing to do any moving to "rest up" before the job isn't a viable option. I want him to succeed but I've been burned so many times in the past that it's just silly to think this will be different.

No, you're just being pessimistic.  I guess it's understandable, but it's not guaranteed realistic.  I have no doubt I can do this.  I've stood up most of the afternoon today and I feel fine.  I'll sit down to eat here in a few minutes and then I'll stand up for a little bit once I get home.

I'm trying guys.  It may not be how you want it, but beggars cannot be choosers.  I'll start this job and I'll work long and hard at this job and surprise all of us.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 03:39:00 PM by Chris Christie 2016 »

Bushie definitely has the ability to last more than a month at this job. Unfortunately, as the total waste of the past month has proven, he has no real desire to. As JMann astutely pointed out, there's never been a challenge too small for Bushie to run away from.

"Run"?

He means waddle.

All kidding aside, I can walk pretty good and I can even run a little bit.  I look foolish trying to run, but if needed I can run.  I pay for it dearly by being out of breath, but I can run.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 03:41:28 PM »

Bushie, I believe you can succeed at this job, but I don't think you are going to. Not with this complete non-effort you are showing.

You already seem to have lost any excitement about this and are back to just scrapping by through life. Don't waste you precious last days before starting this job doing nothing.

I have not lost any excitement.  I talk about it a lot and I keep counting down every hour.  I may not be preparing like I should, but make no mistake I am very excited about this opportunity.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 05:51:11 PM »

didnt bushie once work on a road construction crew?

That was exactly 10 years ago as of early March.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies