Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:45:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161373 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 11, 2015, 06:04:27 PM »

I'll start the season off with this:  Mom and I went to Walmart this evening and I stood on the foot mapping to see what level of Orthopedic insoles I need.  It said I had low arches and high foot pressure.  We made an investment in the comfort insoles to help improve my durability and hopefully give my feet, legs, and back better support, making them less tired and achy at the end of a long day.

For the sake of my sanity Bushie will you stop making shopping trips with Mommy?  God damn dude even if she's spotting you the dough just go yourself. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:51:01 PM »

How many family dinners in this 5 day vacation?  12?  20?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 11:08:11 PM »

I'm afraid that Jeff's refusal to do the bare minimum to prepare his body or even respond to my suggestion that he try to go walking in new or interesting locations doesn't bode well for his prospects. This will play out as it always has: smug overconfidence before the job, excuses and ignorance while on the job, realization of what should have been done only after the job is gone.

Anyone care to predict a Bushie post from a month from now?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

You forgot, "if I don't make it in tomorrow then so be it" or something of the sort. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »

When you have family visits, do you guys not do anything that requires standing and walking? I'm not suggesting you guys go run a marathon, but all of you can go somewhere like a park or downtown or something that technically involves standing and walking but isn't just "walking" either. Do you guys really just sit and stare at screens all day? That sounds completely unbearable.

I would imagine they sit around the TV and gossip. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 10:28:36 AM »

Reading this makes me wonder how people can make fun of playing Ingress.

Who gets on your case about Ingress?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:50 AM »

All sorts of posters. Joe, oakvale, Polnut....

Yet let's note Bushie and his family's activities. Far better than playing a game that involves walking obviously.

BRTD, if it makes you feel better I would become an Ingress fanatic before I sat in on the Clan Bushie's family time for 10 minutes. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »

I quipped to BK about how Bushie wouldn't be able to last ONE anomaly cluster much less four. Imagine walking for over four straight hours.

How many times do you think Obama is commented on in a negative light in one Bushie family time hour on average? 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »

When you have family visits, do you guys not do anything that requires standing and walking? I'm not suggesting you guys go run a marathon, but all of you can go somewhere like a park or downtown or something that technically involves standing and walking but isn't just "walking" either. Do you guys really just sit and stare at screens all day? That sounds completely unbearable.

I would imagine they sit around the TV and gossip. 
Most people enjoy those two activities. I love being slothful also, but to the exclusion of any movement whatsoever? That is prison. Why doesn't Bushie just email those folks at OnCompany, go to prison, and he'll never have to worry about moving or working ever again. Unless the movies have misinformed me, prison supports the Bible reading hobby, Mama and Papa can come on visiting day, and even his meals are provided. Prison is only a punishment if you want to do something that involves getting up and moving. Otherwise, it's a free ride.

Gossip is awful.  People quacking on about inconsequential crap they don't like about other people?  The worst.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 11:29:34 AM »

Maybe doing anything himself is so scary to Bushie because that would mean... GASP... could it be that God ISN'T in control of everything and that he might have to take something into his own hands when God doesn't feel like showing off? 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »

Remember the Ice Cream Challenge? 30 days no ice cream and he had a dinner of nothing but ice cream 4 days in.

That was an incredible saga.  I didn't even think he was that big into ice cream and he loses the challenge in epic fashion less than a week in.  He could've gotten ANYTHING off the dessert menu. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 06:04:18 AM »

Road construction.  I quit after 2 days because I couldn't handle the heavy physical labor.  This grocery store will be child's play compared to road construction.  I was not quite 23, so I was still pretty young.

1. meat can be pretty heavy
2. you're supposed to be worse at physical labor as you get older, not better. 23 would be your peak ability to handle such a job.

Exercise, son.

I agree with both points.  I might add that maturity might make up for part of where I lack physically.  That said, I agree fully that i need to exercise because maturity can't make up for all of it.  I stood quite a bit today at Chick-Fil-A with my friends and then I stood up while conversing with my aunt and grandma.  I have sat down most of the evening, but I'll stand more tomorrow.  I put those orthopedic inserts into my shoes this morning and I can tell they will make a difference.  I did not waste the day.  I have done more today to prepare than I have since standing at Sprint for two hours a week ago.

I have 10 days left and I plan to stand for a lot longer tomorrow.  I don't know if I'll get in 8 full hours, but my goal is 3-4.  I'm also going to reincorporate the water tomorrow.  I've slacked on that the past 10 days.

Did you start going to Chick-Fil-A to spite liberals after all that stuff happened?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 09:17:50 AM »

What are the odds this job at [redacted] turns out to be a call center job?

Good evening, friends!  Work went well today, but the manager and I laughed over a couple minor mistakes I had made at the meat counter.  They think they might try me out on the call center side of things at [redacted], but still in the meats department.  I'm so happy to be beginning my career as a meat handler.  God is so great!  Now for NCAA basketball, Southern North Dakota State Veterinary School Of Art vs. Alaska Cosmetology Tech - Southwestern Anchorage on ESPN8 at 1900!   
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »

Good Morning, folks.  Today, I'll do a lot of standing up while I watch the 2015 Big Ten Tournament on ESPN.  Michigan vs. Wisconsin at 1100 and then Penn State vs. Purdue 30 minutes after the first game ends.  I will be going over to Grandma's by 1530 or 1600 to visit with the family again.  We will have a late dinner at 1830 or 1900 because my cousin and his girlfriend are not flying in until 1715, so they won't be to Grandma's until 1830 or so.  We'll have dinner ready when they get there.

Now, before you start insulting my family, they are all gathering mainly for my aunt's father-in-law's 90th birthday.  His birthday is today, but they're celebrating it with all his family tomorrow.  My cousin and his girlfriend will fly out Sunday evening and then will just be down to my aunt and uncle through next Sunday.

Can't even...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 11:32:47 AM »

It's very nice of the Browns to gather to hold a birthday party for an old man they aren't related to at all.

Yea, cause I'm sure this old fart wants to be dragged out of the peace and quiet of his house so he can be forced to spend hours at a noisy, sh*tty chain restaurant. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »

Bushie, you now work at a supermarket and you are eating pizza bagel bites?  C'mon man...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 09:57:28 PM »

How does your family react to you handling meat for a meat? 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 08:06:51 PM »

Bushie is a hot-natured sweater?  My my, he must really resemble the mystical Snorlax of Japanese lore when he lies down for his many slumbers. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 08:21:31 PM »

You all will be surprised, but I just opened a bottle of water without being prompted to do so!  I don't normally drink water this late, but I was thirsty for something other than Dr. Pepper.

Bushie, I don't think lofting praise upon you for drinking water and standing is constructive.  Don't you have enough Facebook friends that do this already?  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 09:09:01 PM »

please buy vegetables at wal-mart and not junk food

also you can save money by just drinking water from the tap and not buying bottles of it

I will start buying more vegetables.

Bushie, you don't even like vegetables.  Just get some of the fruit you described as delicious.   
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »

please buy vegetables at wal-mart and not junk food

also you can save money by just drinking water from the tap and not buying bottles of it

I will start buying more vegetables.

Bushie, you don't even like vegetables.  Just get some of the fruit you described as delicious.   

I'll get some of that, too, but I kind of want to hold out on a lot of fruits and vegetables until I get the discount card.  I want to indulge in some of [redacted] fruit and veggie selections.  They are the same fruit, but it would be cheaper at [redacted] thanks to a 15% discount.

Yup, gotta stay away from those super expensive fruits and veggies lest you don't lose the money for Braum's Cheat Meals. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 05:57:27 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2015, 05:58:59 AM by HockeyDude »

https://www.sprouts.com/specials/-/flyer/store/805

blackberries - 98¢ 5.6 oz pack
grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
boneless skinless chicken thighs - $2.99 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

if only Bushie had his discount card to afford these extravagant prices instead of having to save with a $10 combo from Braum's

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

EDIT: Although years of this Braum's talk has me curious.  I could only be disappointed at this point.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »

It sounds like Bushie made about $7,000 last year. That's more than I would have thought, but I guess that old man who employed Bushie at CADD job #1 did let him linger for a while even though he "just didn't get it." Why is Bushie not on food stamps also? It's obviously not out of a principled desire not to take handouts from the government because he just received the EITC.

Get your gubmint hands off his EITC, memph!

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 12:22:49 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

if only Bushie had his discount card to afford these extravagant prices instead of having to save with a $10 combo from Braum's

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

EDIT: Although years of this Braum's talk has me curious.  I could only be disappointed at this point.

Those prices look like a dream come true. I just paid $3 for a 6oz pack of blackberries yesterday. I'd be in heaven if they were only 98 cents.

Wow, Dukey.  I didn't know you are the beneficiary of a South Carolinian plantation!  I guess the moniker "Duke" is quite literal.  Please hire me to work your fields, sweet prince.  I will only require some of your giant golden blackberries for sustenance. 

Must be so nice to not have to pinch pennies buying Mickey Dee's combos...  Oh the life of a rich. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »

I can't give Jeff any crap about having the AC on already. I've had mine on for nearly two weeks since it warmed up considerably, although it's back to heat now thanks to a cold front. I don't like the heat and certainly can't sleep in it.

Then again, I pay my own electric bill ... so there's that.

It wasn't so much Bushie turning the AC on because it got warm that was the issue, it was the fact is was in the 50's when he did it.

In (possibly undue) fairness to him, it did get quite warm in the Plains states for a period of about a week, and then a cold front moved in. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and guessing that he didn't turn it on when the temperature hit 50, but turned it on when it hit 80 all of the sudden and just happened to tell the story after it had dropped again.

He made mention in his post Thursday morning that he turned it on early in the morning(around 545).  The low/high in Tulsa was 47/54 on Thursday

Is there a problem?

It's a bit absurd to put the a/c on when it is around 50.  Open a window

I agree it's a bit unusual, but opening windows would send my allergies through the roof and make me very miserable.  It is pollen season in the Southern Plains and I have really bad allergies.  I take a generic brand of Zyrtec, and it works, but I don't want to tempt fate here.

(orders a Braum's mega combo with bacon)
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 02:36:40 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

Those prices look like a dream come true. I just paid $3 for a 6oz pack of blackberries yesterday. I'd be in heaven if they were only 98 cents.

Wow, Dukey.  I didn't know you are the beneficiary of a South Carolinian plantation!  I guess the moniker "Duke" is quite literal.  Please hire me to work your fields, sweet prince.  I will only require some of your giant golden blackberries for sustenance. 

Must be so nice to not have to pinch pennies buying Mickey Dee's combos...  Oh the life of a rich. 

Lol, I was merely making a statement about how I wish I had prices like that here. I'm far from a rich or a beneficiary of a plantation. I'm the son of a Greek immigrant family. I'm just jealous the price of food seems to be so much cheaper, yet Bushie still refuses to buy groceries.

Oh of course.  I was just poking fun at Bushie's decision to not buy exorbitant $0.98/lb grapes until he can get a discount by acting like your more expensive (but not crazy) blackberries must be the life fruit of the gods.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies