Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:46:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161421 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: March 28, 2015, 08:58:13 AM »

I believe the Biblical literalist types generally believe the Hebrew/Greek/whatever word for wine in the Bible always means a non-alcoholic fruit beverage, which they claim was super common back then and obviously what Jesus would have been drinking.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »

Baptist church is orderly and boring. Very much for little old ladies. It's the Pentacostals that go nuts.

Lately a lot of Baptist churches have started going nuts too. A lot of them have a "traditional" service and a "contemporary" service each Sunday morning.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 10:20:56 AM »

Bushie, have you tried the new Cokes sweetened with cane sugar and stevia instead of high fructose corn syrup? I found their taste indistinguishable (although to be fair I didn't do a blind taste test or anything) and they are lower calorie without being full of chemicals.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »

It is a little bit concerning that every single thing is super peachy at Bushie's job. No job is perfect. That Bushie tries to paint such a rosy picture all the time makes me think that he's hiding something. Bushie, name something about your job that is less than perfect. Anything.

Maybe the problem isn't with Bushie, but with [redacted]. I mean, how much of a market could there really be for a grocery store like that in exurban Oklahoma? All they care about up there is getting their processed corn syrup for as cheap as possible. And they already have Walmart for that.

It'll start with them trying to reduce people's hours and then Jeff will start getting Sundays off and be happy about that. Then they'll start giving him Fridays off too and then, woohoo, three day weekend every weekend! And then one day he'll pull into the parking lot only to find that the lights are off and the place is completely shuttered and his last paycheck is mysteriously missing.

I disagree with this assessment. We don't have any [redacted]s in Jackson+suburbia, but the Fresh Market and Whole Foods are always packed. Fancy grocery stores are a gold mine in any sufficiently populated area.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »

Bushie, don't put in your two weeks notice. Just wait until April 17 and put it in then.

They're going to tell you not to come back when you do regardless. They won't let you work the extra 2 weeks. This way, you at least get paid for 2 more weeks.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 07:20:48 AM »

Bushie, you're being really rude by bailing on a job so soon like this. Sprouts paid you all that money for training, and they're going to get nothing back now. AT LEAST work the next 2 weeks before you quit and give them some kind of return on their investment. Remember, "2 weeks notice" means NOTHING. They WILL NOT let you keep working another second once you tell them you're quitting, so give your "2 weeks notice" on April 17. If you don't, you're rude. Period.

Bushie, there have only been a couple of times when the whole forum was so united in being against one of your decisions, and every time, it's been because we're clearly right and you're clearly wrong. Search your archives and see it to be true.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:50:41 AM »

Bushie, tell Sprouts that you have a minor mental disorder (which, no offense and nothing to be ashamed of, is probably true) and that you had a freakout and royally f***ed up when you quit yesterday, but it will never happen again.

They might take you back. At least there's absolutely no downside to trying.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 08:53:42 PM »

Bushie, if you agree that you made a mistake leaving Sprouts, why haven't you called and begged for your job back? Pride?

You should've done it this morning, but you still might get it if you do it tonight or tomorrow. Beg. Cry if you need to. Play the Christian card. This is potentially life-changing, and you've got to do whatever you can to try to make it happen.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 11:59:24 PM »

And Bushie, I agree if you ask Sprouts to take you back and they say no, then it's time to stop talking about Sprouts. But YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO ASK THEM.

Agreed. If Bushie swallows his pride and asks for his job back, we should all agree to drop the subject.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 11:25:42 AM »

You guys are crazy.  They're not going to take him back.  Why else would they can his unreliable, flakey ass the same day he made his intentions to leave known?

Perhaps, but there's no way Sprouts would have let him stay on for the 2 extra weeks, even if he was an excellent employee. The store is going to give the hours over the next 2 weeks to someone who is going to stick around.

Granted, Sprouts probably wouldn't take him back if he asked (especially since he's waited this long), there's no drawback whatsoever in asking. It's literally a life-changer for Bushie, and he should absolutely try. If he begs, cries, plays the "Christian" card, and reminds them of his slight mental disorder and gullibility ("I fell for a scam!!"), they might take him back. If they don't, he hasn't lost anything.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 08:22:26 PM »

A lot of forums automatically adjust multiple consecutive spaces to just a single space. That's probably all it is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies