Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:49:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161459 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 11, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »

So, I gather by this purchase you aren't going to attempt to stand 8 hours in the next 12 11 days and will just assume your magic shoes will solve the problem.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:40:33 PM »

Stand up and watch TV.
Put your laptop/tablet on the kitchen counter and stand up to use the internet.
Stand up while reading the Bible.

There's 8 hours activity for you right there.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:47:28 PM »

I have plans for the rest of the week and the weekend and I'm not going to break those.

And just what are these plans?

A lot of family time and meeting up with a couple of my missionary friends to China who are in the States for 6 months.

Stand up while talking to family.
Stand up while talking to missionary friends from China.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:07:54 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2015, 09:10:55 PM by Monarch »

lol

What if you told them the reason you were standing behind the couch while the family talked instead of sitting on the couch was to help you get used to standing long hours for your new job? Not only is it a conversation piece but it would eliminate the uh... "uncomfortableness" of witnessing somebody stand.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:30:29 AM »

Bushie that's absolutely insane. Have you never watched a sports movie before? Nobody has ever prepared for the big fight/game/match by sitting on their ass to be fresh and rested.

RIP job.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:42:39 AM »

Find yourself in a different situation then... I don't get why it's weird to be standing up in a room while talking to a person. Or to stand up while watching TV.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 09:49:52 AM »

Find yourself in a different situation then... I don't get why it's weird to be standing up in a room while talking to a person. Or to stand up while watching TV.

The layout of the room matters to.  I am not going to rearrange the room to make it more accessible.  It's easy to stand up doing those things, but I don't have a counter to set my laptop on to stand behind and watch TV.  And, I am not going to intentionally find a new situation just for 10 days of preparation.

What the hell is a standing accessible room? Is your ceiling too low?

You don't have a kitchen counter for the laptop? You're not tall, so it doesn't have to be that high.  

You don't need a counter to watch TV... You should just be able to stand up out of your chair and boom, you're standing while watching TV.

None of those "situations" make any sense.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »

Nobody's asking you to stand up for dinner, just stand up. You don't need to figure anything out or plan anything or reconfigure the layout of your apartment. Just freakin' stand up. You can do it literally right now. Right now you are sitting in a chair and if you stand up, you are standing up.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 11:40:26 AM »

Remember the Ice Cream Challenge? 30 days no ice cream and he had a dinner of nothing but ice cream 4 days in.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »

To be fair, trying hard not to eat one particular thing does make one crave that one thing desperately. There was a bit in Tom Sawyer where the Temperence folks get the kids to promise not to drink, which, of course, makes the temptation that much more appealing.

Yea, but one should at least be able to try substituting it with something else or skirting the rules by saying "i'll just have one bite to taste." He dove full on ice cream dinner.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:01 PM »

I believe he can do it. He's just making it impossibly hard on himself for no reason.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 03:38:01 PM »

Bushie, I believe you can succeed at this job, but I don't think you are going to. Not with this complete non-effort you are showing.

You already seem to have lost any excitement about this and are back to just scrapping by through life. Don't waste you precious last days before starting this job doing nothing.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 07:10:47 PM »

didnt bushie once work on a road construction crew?

That was exactly 10 years ago as of early March.

Interesting. What exactly did you do?

Drop something and get fired.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »

God, Bushie, it's such a shame you're so sloth. You really have no idea what you are missing out on.

I just came back from an hour long weight lift routine and am chowing down on a post-workout chicken burrito. Nothing is more relaxing and rewarding than eating a meal you've earned physically as opposed to just stuffing your face on a sedentary schedule. It just tastes that much better.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 07:20:10 PM »

Road construction.  I quit after 2 days because I couldn't handle the heavy physical labor.  This grocery store will be child's play compared to road construction.  I was not quite 23, so I was still pretty young.

1. meat can be pretty heavy
2. you're supposed to be worse at physical labor as you get older, not better. 23 would be your peak ability to handle such a job.

Exercise, son.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 08:38:59 AM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/that-sucker-jesus-has-forgiven-me-for-some-pretty,10750/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 10:46:05 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNDjiTjpxJE
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 11:07:29 AM »

It's very nice of the Browns to gather to hold a birthday party for an old man they aren't related to at all.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 01:47:07 PM »

Now you really better get into game shape over the next 4 days.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 01:55:21 PM »

RIP Bushie
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 04:04:24 PM »

I did a Fun Friday splurge and got a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a small shake for lunch today and I'm almost to the point of taking a sick day. I don't know how Bushie does it. My stomach was stuffed and I've felt lethargic all afternoon and I have a Grade 5 headache.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 11:22:39 AM »

It was always the first result on google for "grocery store opening April 1 in Tulsa" so it was never much of a secret.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »

I made it back home to Tulsa a little over an hour ago.  I am just going to sit back and relax for most of the evening and watch the NCAA Tourney Selection Sunday special on CBS and ESPN/ESPN2.  I will go to bed just after the news about 2225.

No, not you!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 11:16:27 PM »

Bushie is more of a walrus than a bear
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »

What grade is your headache this morning?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies