Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:16:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161802 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: March 11, 2015, 06:30:50 PM »

A better investment would be just to get you off of your feet entirely and into a motorized scooter!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:07:45 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Re6pZri8Gw
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 01:12:24 AM »

Good times are happening and more good times are ahead.

Uh oh, isn't this usually the part where things start going horribly wrong?

I found something today in the meat department that I want to try one of these days.  It is their Bacon-Cheddar Chicken Breast.

Even by your definition of "diet"...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »

Confession, it is tech support.  It is very similar to what I was doing at Dell and at Xerox.  That's what I meant by IT support.  So, yes, it is a call center.  I will not be supporting one pharmacy, but a lot of pharmacies in Northeastern Oklahoma.  I will be at a central location about 3 miles away.  The part where I lied was the location of the job.  I apologize for that.

I also apologize for insulting everyone earlier this morning.  You guys are not all those words I spewed out earlier.  I still don't think I deserve to be treated without dignity, but I understand where you all are coming from given my previous statements about Sprouts.  I just don't think it warranted the nastiness that resulted.  No one needed to get ugly, and neither did I.  We are all men (and 1 woman).  We are all adults.  Why can't we speak cordially like adults, not like children?  I'm talking to myself just as much as I am talking to each one of you.  I am not a piece of trash, either, like people out of anger have said.  I am far from perfect, but I'm just doing what I can to provide for myself.  I don't think a grocery store job is any more legit than a call center job.  True, my history hasn't always been kind to call center jobs, but be that as it may.

Here is the reason I left Sprouts:  I was starting to get the idea that I was seriously risking my feet and back.  I felt that I was about 10-15 years too late and about 100-125 pounds too heavy to really be able to do the job very well.  Yesterday, one of my friends on Facebook told me of when she started working as a letter carrier for the post office at age 40.  She was real heavy and not in shape at all.  She could only do the job for a short time before she had to work inside at the post office for 9 years.  She is now on disability, hurts all of the time, both of her hands now have nerve damage, and she has to get injections in her right knee twice a year all because she took on a job that she physically couldn't do.  Her bad health was not an excuse, it was reality.  That confirmed the decision to change jobs and really validated it for me.  I know you all will probably balk at her story, but it really validated the decision for me.  Now, perhaps I was wrong about my perception and my fear, but we'll really never know the answer to that.

Yes, we will, because we already know (as do you) that it's a big ol' ball of sh!t!

Your friend is a lazy tub of lard who makes excuses, obviously, and that's why I'm sure you took her advice so easily. Her body is wrecked because she's a fat-ass and didn't take care of herself with respect to diet and exercise. The amount of time it would have taken her to lose all of that weight combined with exercise would have more than been sufficient to reduce all of her health problems substantially. She'd be in better condition - back, knees and all - walking 8 hours per day overweight for five years than she would be sitting on her whale-bottom, presumably remarking the entire time that "it's glandular", "my job made me disabled because I had to walk", "I ought to sue McDonald's for feeding me all of that fat", etc.

You're not escaping her fate - she, too, obviously is a lazy, excuse-riddled person who refuses to take tangible accountability - you're embracing it, you dolt. Somehow, in your warped mind, you believe that sitting on your fat ass is healthier than being active and exercising. At the root of that belief isn't so much a belief, but a subconscious strain of laziness.

You have passed the point of no return, Bushie: your body is going to be permanently harmed no matter what you do at this point. Your knees, back and joints are going to suffer and deteriorate prematurely anyway, because your body is so engorged and has been for so long that the damage is already being done. The question is whether you want that damage to be even worse long-term, and by sitting on your fat-ass while shoving cheeseburgers down your gullet, it's bound to be.

I wouldn't worry about having to get shots in your knees 10 years from now, though, because both you and your pathetic excuse-ridden mentality will already be dead by then. Change now, or die.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »

Whatever.  That's in the past.  I made a mistake, now I get to move on and live with the consequences. Again, I have to be thankful I have a place to work.

NO!

You don't get to rationalize a mistake by touting the object of the mistake as a benefit!

Throwing a great job away in order to grab a shitty one and then saying "well, I'm thankful to have a place to work" is idiotic. You had a stable job before you threw it away for a terrible one. That terrible job is not a benefit or crutch on which to fall back: it's the fycking mistake!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »

If you regret quitting Sprouts, go apply at other groceries. There are many in Tulsa.

He doesn't regret it -- he knowingly made the mistake. Despite everyone here telling him NOT to quit, NOT to put in a two-week notice to take a new job that at the time he was knowingly lying about, and so forth.

This is the best way to summarize mistakes Bushie makes. He usually has ample time and ample advice to avoid making the mistake, but just like gravity...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 06:13:51 PM »

So, as expected, Bushie didn't like the physicality of the work (despite it doing him good .... That pain you were feeling was your muscles waking up and being used)... found someone who would tell him what he wanted to hear "that's not right honey, you shouldn't be sore after workin' ... I did it. You deserve comfort"

This is Step 2 in the B.U.S.H.I.E. System: a classic move on his part.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 02:12:26 AM »

We both decided it was cheaper to go two weeks without employment and not burn a bridge than it was to get some extra money and burn a bridge that I may need later on.

Bushie, you are literally never going to go back to work for this place. Not only will you never do that, but they would never let you do that. You just swindled them out of money for training - why would they let you come waddling back in there? You will literally never have anything else to offer them and vice-versa. There is no point to the logic that you'd be "burning bridges"; at least they'd get a bit of productivity out of the training they paid for if you had stayed. Employers don't view you as studious every time you give a two-week notice right after you have finished training: they view you as a terrible person and potentially a scammer. If I were a physical business, I'd work in some clause where I could sue people like you if you didn't fulfill at least a six-month stint at my business to make it worth my time.

The only chance you might have of not burning a bridge is by calling them up tomorrow, telling them you've made a mistake, and getting the job back. Of course, your pride and the embarrassment you no doubt feel for your stupid mistake will prevent you from doing that (yet you're coming up with some lame excuse about "not burning bridges"). Do you think they're going to come burn down your parents' house if you quit without notice or something?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 08:34:54 PM »

No, it's like a phoenix.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies