Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:13:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161810 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: March 19, 2015, 08:14:56 PM »

How did Bushie get a $1000 tax refund? He barely worked at all in 2014.

EITC?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 06:51:08 PM »

I had a safe trip to Shawnee and back.  I left at 0550 this morning and got home around 1040.  I laid down for a little while, but was only able to sleep until 1220.  I am currently watching Buffalo vs. West Virginia on TNT and at halftime, I will go in and start getting ready.  I will follow the same procedure as Tuesday by eating an early supper at 1445, changing into my shirt at 1515, having a prayer time at 1540, watching the news at 1600, and leaving at 1625.  I'm looking forward to another great night at work.   I now have an idea of what to do.  I still need lots of training and I hope to be a sponge again tonight, but I can go in having a general idea of what needs to be done.  I know tonight we will start cleaning things up at 1900, even though we don't close until 2200.  If we start cleaning early, we can get out just after 2200 instead of 2230.

As both an hourly employee and a brand new staff member, why are you already thinking about how to get off of work "early?"

Maybe [redacted] is one of those shady retailers who make their employees do things like clean/close off the clock so that management can meet their profit targets. I've heard Academy (sporting goods chain in the Southeast) is notoriously guilty of this.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:33:05 PM »

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 08:08:04 PM »

hamburger meat, Tostito chips, and a jar of that Tostitos Salsa Con Queso

What is that, Cheat Meal #27 for the week?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 10:20:26 PM »

So, I get condemnation for browning meat for nachos?  Typical, but sad.

No, you get condemnation for consider nachos part of a "diet."

I never said that.  I don't deserve ANY condemnation for my choice of supper tonight.

Weighs nearly 300 pounds, doesn't exercise, eats nachos for dinner. Yeah, I'd say some condemnation is in order.

Are you on a diet? Yes or no.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 10:49:38 PM »

hamburger meat, Tostito chips, and a jar of that Tostitos Salsa Con Queso

What is that, Cheat Meal #27 for the week?

Nah Indy, a cheat meal is only when he eats out you see. Calories don't matter since preparing the meal with his own hands while standing, burns off all the calories of the food.

Even with his lax definition of "cheat meal" as "any meal from a restaurant", have there actually been any weeks in which he managed to stick to just two cheat meals, as per his original rules?  Last week, he had three cheat meals.  The first week of the diet, he also had three.  Many of the weeks in between, he was visiting his parents, and "had to eat whatever they fed him", so the normal rules of the diet were suspended.

Jeff is working now. Obviously he can't be expected to have a full time job and be on a diet. So unlimited cheat meals on work days and work nights are acceptable. But, as per longstanding Brown Family policy, dieting is unacceptable on weekends and the day immediately preceding a weekend, as these are fun days.

So basically, it's not possible for Jeff to diet any day of the week. The rules just won't allow it. There's nothing he can do about it.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 02:04:54 PM »

I just got out of the doctor's office.  My diet is apparently so poor that he said I'm anemic.  He said I'm not getting the vitamins I need.  I'm not really surprised.  He's giving me a multivitamin prescription for it.  My bad cholesterol also jumped by 40 points since I had it checked a year ago.  He's also given me a nasal spray to help with the severe allergies.  My Zyrtec is having a tough time keeping up with the high pollen count.  The only good thing today is my blood sugar is perfectly normal, so still no sign of diabetes.

You're anemic because you're too lazy, overindulgent and undisciplined to buy a few dollars worth of vegetables at the grocery store. So now the federal government is going to spend hundreds of dollars on unnecessary medication for you.

You really are America personified.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 02:03:11 AM »

An ex-Evangelical friend is trying to explain some Evangelical lingo to me and I wanted to ask Bushie for corroboration on some of it.

Is it true that the word 'worship' refers specifically to parts of a service that include singing and doesn't include communion or the sermon or whatever else?
Is it true that the word 'liturgy' is frowned upon even though the service seems to have a set order? If so, do you know why?
Is it true that communion, when given, typically comes before the sermon?

What you're describing is more typical of non-denominational churches, not of evangelical denominations (i.e. the SBC, PCA, or LC-MS).

(Baptists generally use grape juice instead of wine).

Wine was good enough for Jesus Christ. Why isn't it good enough for you?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »

It is a little bit concerning that every single thing is super peachy at Bushie's job. No job is perfect. That Bushie tries to paint such a rosy picture all the time makes me think that he's hiding something. Bushie, name something about your job that is less than perfect. Anything.

Maybe the problem isn't with Bushie, but with [redacted]. I mean, how much of a market could there really be for a grocery store like that in exurban Oklahoma? All they care about up there is getting their processed corn syrup for as cheap as possible. And they already have Walmart for that.

It'll start with them trying to reduce people's hours and then Jeff will start getting Sundays off and be happy about that. Then they'll start giving him Fridays off too and then, woohoo, three day weekend every weekend! And then one day he'll pull into the parking lot only to find that the lights are off and the place is completely shuttered and his last paycheck is mysteriously missing.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 07:31:21 PM »

McKesson has a central IT subcontracted operation near Tulsa.  So not at the pharmacy.....lol.

Did he tell you he was working there?

I assumed when he said pharmacy, he meant a McKesson/Caremark-type pharmacy benefit operation or a mail order pharmacy. A retail location would make no sense whatsoever.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »

Bushie, don't put in your two weeks notice. Just wait until April 17 and put it in then.

They're going to tell you not to come back when you do regardless. They won't let you work the extra 2 weeks. This way, you at least get paid for 2 more weeks.

He tried this two weeks' notice nonsense at the AT&T call center and they told him to GTFO. But doing the same thing again and expecting different results is part of his method.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 10:15:33 PM »

This is a rather dark photography piece, but I see eerie parallels between the life of the subject and of ODF.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2015/04/02/lisa_krantz_a_life_apart_the_toll_of_obesity_photos.html
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »

I am going to try to not post in the Update as much, if anymore.  It would be good for my new job and my own psyche if I don't broadcast my entire life to the forum.  I am still going to talk politics and sports on the rest of the forum, but I don't want to be suckered into posting here anymore.

I don't think your psyche is the problem. You seem pretty pleased with yourself and you always do, despite all evidence to the contrary.

You quit a job slicing meat because it was too physically demanding for you. Standing and operating a slicing machine was too much for you. You weren't lifting heavy objects or walking great distances like some of the people in your former workplace. Jeff, there are plenty of people who work in butcher shops who are old enough to be your parents. You are 32 years old. If your own absolutely appalling health isn't bashing you over the head and ringing alarm bells left and right by now, I don't think it ever will. In all likelihood, you're just getting started down a road to a life full of medication, sleep apnea masks, insulin, mobility scooters, wheelchairs and not even living long enough to collect a Social Security check. If you don't like me saying that, then do something to prove me wrong.

I stopped even attempting to offer you constructive advice several months ago when I realized you were having none of it. At this point, Jeff, everyone knows you have no intention of changing your ways and watching you crash and burn and spin your wheels is just a really dark, perverse form of entertainment.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »

I know I said I was done, but let me honest here for a second:

In all honesty, I am thinking about what could have been at Sprouts.  I do kind of regret leaving there.  However, I also know while it's good to reflect and learn, I need to move on very quickly.  I can't afford to go into a new job, no matter what the job is, with a negative attitude or regret about the last job.  I don't deserve to start myself behind the 8 ball in this new job because I am dwelling on the past.  I need to learn from the past, yes, but then I need to quickly move on and focus all my attention on this new job.  I am just thankful I have employment.  That's a nice way to spend one's birthday.  I will be in training on my birthday.  Yes, I am going through a bit of buyer's remorse, but I think everyone here would agree that I cannot dwell on that too long or I will have already failed before I have even started.

No one is asking you to dwell on it. But acknowledging that you made an objectively bad choice isn't "dwelling." It's being circumspect and realistic. You've made this mistake before and you still haven't learned from it. That's why everyone is "attacking" you.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »

I know I said I was done, but let me honest here for a second:

In all honesty, I am thinking about what could have been at Sprouts.  I do kind of regret leaving there.  However, I also know while it's good to reflect and learn, I need to move on very quickly.  I can't afford to go into a new job, no matter what the job is, with a negative attitude or regret about the last job.  I don't deserve to start myself behind the 8 ball in this new job because I am dwelling on the past.  I need to learn from the past, yes, but then I need to quickly move on and focus all my attention on this new job.  I am just thankful I have employment.  That's a nice way to spend one's birthday.  I will be in training on my birthday.  Yes, I am going through a bit of buyer's remorse, but I think everyone here would agree that I cannot dwell on that too long or I will have already failed before I have even started.

No one is asking you to dwell on it. But acknowledging that you made an objectively bad choice isn't "dwelling." It's being circumspect and realistic. You've made this mistake before and you still haven't learned from it. That's why everyone is "attacking" you.

It was a bad choice.  I am coming to terms with that.  I made my bed, now I get to sleep in it.

If only there were a dozen people uniformly telling you not make this decision and not to give them 2 weeks notice...

Whatever.  That's in the past.  I made a mistake, now I get to move on and live with the consequences.  Again, I have to be thankful I have a place to work.

I notice you didn't mention learning from that mistake and not doing it again. Therein lies the long-running problem with your life.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »

We've been over this. Grad school requires decent grades, which Bushie most likely didn't have. (I asked him what his grades were like once, he never responded.) 30 seconds of Googling found this place in OKC that requires a 3.0 GPA from undergrad.

But...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 07:55:48 PM »

It's Easter weekend. Now Jeff is unemployed so such drudgery as work will not interfere with the multiple family dinners that I'm sure he must attend.

And with the diet totally out the window, he can graze on whatever fried slop the Browns are serving up without a care in the world. Maybe have two servings of dessert to celebrate this new job he's got coming up.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »

It's Easter weekend. Now Jeff is unemployed so such drudgery as work will not interfere with the multiple family dinners that I'm sure he must attend.

And with the diet totally out the window, he can graze on whatever fried slop the Browns are serving up without a care in the world. Maybe have two servings of dessert to celebrate this new job he's got coming up.

I am staying in Tulsa this weekend.  I hung out with a friend tonight playing the new Star Wars Armada board game that just came out. Sunday after church I am going to this friend's parents for Easter dinner before I watch baseball that evening.

Did your parents disinvite you from Easter? Are you now persona non grata at family dinners? This doesn't bode well.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 02:53:08 PM »

What's really pathetic and infuriating about him is that he walked off the first stable job he'd had in years because his back and his feet were a little sore. That's it.

I can throw a rock around here and hit someone from Mexico or Central America who's 10 or 20 years older than him, maybe even old enough to be his dad, who's working on a loading dock, doing landscaping in 100 degree weather, spreading asphalt, or doing the exact same job Jeff was doing at Sprouts. They saw an opportunity and they ran with it and got everything they could out of it in hope that their kids or grandkids would be able to have the stereotypical "suit and tie" jobs that Jeff makes such a fetish of.

Jeff doesn't want to work for it. He thinks he's entitled to have his Leave It To Beaver fantasy handed to him on a silver platter. He wants it right now with zero effort involved.

He's fat, unhealthy, can't hold a steady job and takes money away from his trailer-dwelling parents to support his lifestyle. I'm going to stop pretending and just say it: Jeff is white trash. The churchgoing can't hide it. That college degree in a nonexistent major from an 8th tier school that's not worth the paper it's printed on can't hide it.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 08:23:30 PM »

All I have to say is that I have lost all faith, confidence, respect and trust in Jeff Brown. (Granted, the amount I had to begin with was never abundant.)

I honestly do not want to hear anything else about his life on this Forum unless it's something that completely flies in the face of everything he usually does.

Unless he's posting about how he's celebrating his one year anniversary at Call Center X and has been promoted to shift supervisor, I don't want to hear it. Unless he's posting about how he's going to the gym a few times a week, eschews fast food and has gotten down to 200 pounds, I don't want to hear it. Unless he's posting about how he's officially debt free, I don't want to hear it.

If he's just going to continue down his Highway to Hell filled with Braum's and binge watching third-rate sporting events and naps and pissing away money, then, "go away and sin no more, but if that effort be too great, ... go away at any rate."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 09:48:39 PM »

This quote from Season IV is just sad in context.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jeff thought $26K was "measley" (sic) in 2010. Since then, he hasn't come anywhere close to making that much money.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 10:46:37 PM »

I've read his posts and I'm about 90% sure that is our real Bushie. If it isnt, someone is doing a pretty fantastic impression of him! His posts on politics and sports are exactly the same kind of generic filler that he posted here.

"My name is Jeff and I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma..."

This all reminds me of the ending of The Truman Show, where Truman, before leaving the studio for good, turns around and delivers his trademark line: "In case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night!"

Except that Truman's show actually ended. Jeff has merely walked right into another giant studio.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2015, 03:47:05 AM by Bacon King »

According to Bushie on the other forum he's doing nothing but watching baseball and eating.......and his new job isn't what they said it was because they have no regular health care....duh.

RIP NEW JOB.  Well, it might last a few weeks, but still, it's a matter of time.

He has that Indian Care nonsense by virtue of the blood quantum from when his great-great-great-grandfather consensually made love with some helpless Native woman while confiscating her tribal lands or whatever. Why does he care if they don't offer health benefits?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 02:37:05 PM »

This is like a black hole, I've spend the last 2 hours reading this. It's fine line between being extremely funny, and extremely depressing.

What's the history with Bushie?

There are 21 other Update threads where you can read the entire history.

I don't have that much free time!

You'll make time for it. How else are you going to learn about his adopted kids from Kenya, the time he tried selling us all insurance and got de-modded, side jacking, the train room, his love affair with Allison, the time Update saved him from prison, and -- of course -- the time he lost a whole ton of weight but it all turned out to just be a lie.

Buying a pedometer and trying to get it to think he walked several miles by driving his car very slowly around the block multiple times. #ClassicBushie
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 04:03:15 PM »

This is like a black hole, I've spend the last 2 hours reading this. It's fine line between being extremely funny, and extremely depressing.

What's the history with Bushie?

There are 21 other Update threads where you can read the entire history.

I don't have that much free time!

You'll make time for it. How else are you going to learn about his adopted kids from Kenya, the time he tried selling us all insurance and got de-modded, side jacking, the train room, his love affair with Allison, the time Update saved him from prison, and -- of course -- the time he lost a whole ton of weight but it all turned out to just be a lie.

Buying a pedometer and trying to get it to think he walked several miles by driving his car very slowly around the block multiple times. #ClassicBushie

I'm more nostalgic about his daily sitcom-like conundrums.

Drivin to church.... HIT A DEER!  Gersh dernit!
Pullin out of the driveway.... BOULDERS FELL ON MY CAR!  Dad gummit!
Go for diet soda....  ACCIDENTLY PRESS REGULAR SODA!  Cheese and crackers!

Going to Applebee's on a diet... REFLEXIVELY ORDER GIANT CHOCOLATE DESSERT! (but it's okay because I ate the strawberry garnish which helped me get my vitamins for the day)
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies