Can someone explain to me the "Jack Conway sucks" talking point? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:41:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Can someone explain to me the "Jack Conway sucks" talking point? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can someone explain to me the "Jack Conway sucks" talking point?  (Read 5240 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: March 11, 2015, 07:48:24 PM »
« edited: March 11, 2015, 07:50:23 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

Conway's utterly desperate campaign in 2010. It was only because Rand Paul was, well, Rand Paul that he even got as close as he did. I wouldn't be surprised if a candidate less prone to mistakes and thin skin-ish-ness would've clobbered Conway even harder.

Not like he was any worse than Alison, but still pretty damn awful. And I feel like Kentucky Democrats have a considerable Michigan Republican problem - a bunch of people who work okay as statewide candidates, but once a light is shined on them they crumble so quickly. I'm sure Conway could be elected Governor, but not if there is a bit of light shined on him, because it seems like every time there is he panics and endorses the Bush Tax Cuts after he explicitly didn't or accuse his opponents of praising Aquabuddha and don't LOVE LOVE LOVE jesus.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:03:01 AM »

LOL.

I'd argue, overall, I'm to your right.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 05:02:11 PM »

Why would conservatives (especially ones who have social liberal tendencies who, in theory, would be at least semi-favorable to Rand Paul) defend Jack Conway?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »

Why would conservatives (especially ones who have social liberal tendencies who, in theory, would be at least semi-favorable to Rand Paul) defend Jack Conway?

I'm just talking about the general persecution complex that the new right-wingers on here have. That is, if there are any non-progressives on here, then the reason that Atlas hates them is because they aren't progressive - even if there are other legitimate concerns.

I was referring to comments by Hawk and blackraisin, who seem to think Conway is hated because of some big forum witch-hunt instead of referring to his Senate campaign, which every liberal who does not like the christian right should hate. I agree with your post to an extent - I do think, when it comes down to posters of equal awfulness, right wingers are attacked more.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 11:09:32 AM »

I'd say Free Bird is partially right that there is a double standard for the right here. I have a hard time imagining a right-wing version of TNF getting a 50-60% FF vote.

Eh, Cassius seems to do okay. But I agree, partially.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies