I need to do something...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:25:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I need to do something...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need to do something...  (Read 829 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2005, 05:24:55 PM »

Joe Republic's Keystone Phil banner has been spreading false propaganda and I must fix it:

Now it is true statement! Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 06:45:31 PM »

I'd really appreciate if these banners would stop. I don't like being portrayed as a troll.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 06:48:28 PM »

Thanks for the update, looks better now. Even more insulting Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 06:51:18 PM »

You're such an asshole.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 06:52:58 PM »

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 06:59:57 PM »

You're such an asshole.

Who isn't? You've basically gone after the whole forum in the last week.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 07:00:39 PM »

You're such an asshole.

Who isn't? You've basically gone after the whole forum in the last week.

Yeah, you're right. Except I'd say that when I go after you, most people would agree with me.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 07:03:30 PM »

I'd really appreciate if these banners would stop. I don't like being portrayed as a troll.

Nobody thinks you're a troll.  And try to take a joke.  Most people would just laugh something like this off.  I know I would.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 07:04:17 PM »

Nobody thinks you're a troll.  And try to take a joke.  Most people would just laugh something like this off.  I know I would.

Except that there are people on here that really dislike me. I love the people that ask me to "calm down" with everything then make something like this to get me going.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »

Keystone Phil laugh?  That's ludicrous. Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 07:07:54 PM »

Except that there are people on here that really dislike me. I love the people that ask me to "calm down" with everything then make something like this to get me going.

You know, there would probably be a lot less people doing stuff like this if you didn't react exactly how they want you to react...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 07:10:04 PM »

You know, there would probably be a lot less people doing stuff like this if you didn't react exactly how they want you to react...

Well who has the problem here then? People who want trouble get away with it on here (oh...except if they're someone like NixonNow, right?)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 07:10:42 PM »

... but this is no excuse for doing it, as you would probably agree.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 07:12:03 PM »

No, but this is in some ways the equivilant of a kid being stuffed into a trash can screaming "I'm in advanced math! You can't do this to me! My dad is a lawyer!". It does not make it right, but it does encourage it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 07:14:34 PM »

No, I'm not excusing it, but I know that they're not likely to stop because Keystone Phil asks them to, so I'm giving Keystone Phil advice for how to make them stop.  If he wants to completely ignore it and continue what he's doing, that's his business, but really, the only reason this continues is because he allows it to.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 07:14:42 PM »

No, but this is in some ways the equivilant of a kid being stuffed into a trash can screaming "I'm in advanced math! You can't do this to me! My dad is a lawyer!". It does not make it right, but it does encourage it.

That doesn't address the point that the people stuffing someone in a trash can are wrong. All I ask is that stupid stuff like this stops. There's a difference between making a joke and taunting me. And it may come as a shock to some but I can make fun of myself. When you stop calling me a loony attack dog maybe you'll see it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 07:15:55 PM »

All right, I took it out of my sig, it really serves no purpose, other than annoyance, which isn't a very good purpose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 07:16:40 PM »

All right, I took it out of my sig, it really serves no purpose, other than annoyance, which isn't a very good purpose.

That's all I ask. Thank you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 07:17:38 PM »

Excellent point.  I think if somebody can't respond to joke posts without looking like you're declaring open hostilities, then perhaps they should not respond at all.  Taking the bait doesn't make a fight go away.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 07:20:27 PM »

Excellent point.  I think if somebody can't respond to joke posts without looking like you're declaring open hostilities, then perhaps they should not respond at all.  Taking the bait doesn't make a fight go away.

So just accept it. Just accept what the bullies do. Give them what they want for awhile. That doesn't happen with me. If people can't grow up (and I don't care how much I sound like I'm lecturing. I've had enough and these people need to grow up) and want to continue their BS, I don't just sit and take it. I know when people joke and then I know when people want to piss me off.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 07:22:45 PM »

So just accept it. Just accept what the bullies do. Give them what they want for awhile. That doesn't happen with me. If people can't grow up (and I don't care how much I sound like I'm lecturing. I've had enough and these people need to grow up) and want to continue their BS, I don't just sit and take it. I know when people joke and then I know when people want to piss me off.

Evidently dishing it back at them doesn't work, aside from giving yourself personal satisfaction. And frankly, as long as what they are doing is legal, you can't stop them from doing it, and there's nothing in the constitution that says you can't annoy and poke fun of others.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 07:26:08 PM »

Think about why people started 'bullying' you in the first place, before the last weekend.  People called you an 'attack dog' or words to that effect.  Mainly because whenever somebody posts something you disagree with, you usually jump down their throats and it turns into a flamewar.  It began with you ferociously defending Naso and NixonNow, and as a result you became a target yourself, simply for being such a rottweiler.  And this goes beyond fantasy politics too.  I've noticed it all over the forum.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 07:27:48 PM »

Evidently dishing it back at them doesn't work, aside from giving yourself personal satisfaction. And frankly, as long as what they are doing is legal, you can't stop them from doing it, and there's nothing in the constitution that says you can't annoy and poke fun of others.

They deserve it and that's what's going to happen. I know I can't stop assholes from being assholes. It's ashame. I hope for some more maturity on their part (might be wishing for too much though).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 07:30:50 PM »

Think about why people started 'bullying' you in the first place, before the last weekend.  People called you an 'attack dog' or words to that effect.  Mainly because whenever somebody posts something you disagree with, you usually jump down their throats and it turns into a flamewar.  It began with you ferociously defending Naso and NixonNow, and as a result you became a target yourself, simply for being such a rottweiler.  And this goes beyond fantasy politics too.  I've noticed it all over the forum.

I'm defending someone that they don't like so they flip on me? Too many people dislike members like Naso and NixonNow, I guess, to treat me fairly.

I don't start flamewars with people. I'll post my disagreement and then it turns into whatever. I don't look for flamewars. Don't start with that.

Once again, if defending people makes me so terrible, so be it. People don't like my defense of certain individuals because I might spoil their stupid obsessions with making fun.

As for other parts of the forum, that's my defense of my views. If people have a problem with that, see above.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies