GOP-dominated suburbs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:59:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  GOP-dominated suburbs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP-dominated suburbs  (Read 5258 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: March 14, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »

The Milwaukee suburbs on the other hand are uniquely conservative for reasons that I don't quite understand. For some reason their conservative culture hasn't eroded to the same degree as other wealthy Midwestern suburbs, or if it has, those issues seem unimportant to those living there. Some have speculated things like talk radio or German ancestry play a unique role, but neither in and of itself seems to quite explain it.

I'm very glad to hear that the political anomaly of the Milwaukee suburbs is just as mysterious to someone on the right as it is to someone on the left. I have never been able to understand what drives the immediate counties to 70%+ Republican margins (particularly with Scott Walker). I never realized the impact and power of those suburbs until the recall in 2012 when Milwaukee was unable to cancel out its suburbs. I still cannot understand why those counties vote the way they do. Even a big Democratic victory like 2008 only cut the margins down, but nothing even remotely close to a win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies