O'Malley says his Sec. of State will use government email server
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:23:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  O'Malley says his Sec. of State will use government email server
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: O'Malley says his Sec. of State will use government email server  (Read 2173 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2015, 09:08:59 PM »

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/eye-2016-martin-omalley-takes-jab-clinton

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 09:14:13 PM »

Yep, He's running. Of course, his chances of beating Clinton are worse than Rick Santorum's chances of easily winning the republican nomination, but still.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 09:19:44 PM »

Barring a Bernie Sanders run, I'll be voting for him most likely.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »

O'Malley is too liberal to win nationally. He'll get killed on gun control, and failing to balance the budget despite tax increases that even Marylanders ended up revolting against won't look good.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »

Hillary should refuse to acknowledge, let alone debate this clown. When asked about him in interviews she should simply reply "Martin who?"
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 10:02:26 PM »

O'Malley is too liberal to win nationally. He'll get killed on gun control, and failing to balance the budget despite tax increases that even Marylanders ended up revolting against won't look good.

I don't think that's the issue. Someone as liberal as him could win, O'Malley's problem is the same as Adlai Stevenson, Al Gore and John Kerry...he's too dull and eggheaded. Wish we had a better alternative to Hillary.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 10:03:36 PM »

Hillary should refuse to acknowledge, let alone debate this clown. When asked about him in interviews she should simply reply "Martin who?"

Atlas will love that like they loved when Cuomo ignored Zephyr I'm sure.

But it's a good strategy. Unfair. But good.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 10:07:06 PM »

Atlas will love that like they loved when Cuomo ignored Zephyr I'm sure.

But it's a good strategy. Unfair. But good.

Not a good strategy, it would make her look cowardly.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 10:25:42 PM »

I don't think that's the issue. Someone as liberal as him could win, O'Malley's problem is the same as Adlai Stevenson, Al Gore and John Kerry...he's too dull and eggheaded. Wish we had a better alternative to Hillary.

That too. But Warren isn't dull and eggheaded (well not in a bad way), but she's still too liberal. Here in the Atlas bubble I think there is a slight tendency to overestimate the liberality of the electorate, and the willingness of the electorate to turn to someone like Walker after 8 years of Obama.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 10:56:17 PM »

That too. But Warren isn't dull and eggheaded (well not in a bad way), but she's still too liberal. Here in the Atlas bubble I think there is a slight tendency to overestimate the liberality of the electorate, and the willingness of the electorate to turn to someone like Walker after 8 years of Obama.

I don't overestimate the liberality of the electorate but I honestly never really get it when partisan Democrats say this. It's like your forever chasing some median swing voter which increasingly doesn't exist anymore. I think that Warren's populist brand would actually motivate a lot of alienated voters. Also, the pubic tends to be more liberal on quite a few issues like not cutting social security and there is a lot of anger at big banks since 2008.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 11:08:04 PM »

Do you really think Warren could win? Her message seems to resonate with a lot of latte liberals and the Daily Kos types, but if you ask the blue collar African-American janitor in North Carolina, he'll probably say he prefers Hillary. The real mood is not easy to gauge.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 11:13:17 PM »

Do you really think Warren could win? Her message seems to resonate with a lot of latte liberals and the Daily Kos types, but if you ask the blue collar African-American janitor in North Carolina, he'll probably say he prefers Hillary. The real mood is not easy to gauge.

I think that someone who campaigns on bread and butter issues about people getting screwed and Wall Street recklessness could appeal to African-Americans and disaffected working class white voters as well. Oftentimes the "latte liberal" crowd are the ones more likely to favor the fiscally conservative/socially liberal style that the Democrats have been drifting in and when I hear them say "x is too liberal to win" I oftentimes think it's a form of projection. Granted I don't have any hard data to back this up but it does annoy me that Democrats compromise and move to the center far too easily.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 11:19:32 PM »

I think that someone who campaigns on bread and butter issues about people getting screwed and Wall Street recklessness could appeal to African-Americans and disaffected working class white voters as well. Oftentimes the "latte liberal" crowd are the ones more likely to favor the fiscally conservative/socially liberal style that the Democrats have been drifting in and when I hear them say "x is too liberal to win" I oftentimes think it's a form of projection. Granted I don't have any hard data to back this up but it does annoy me that Democrats compromise and move to the center far too easily.

But how does that explain that Warren gets most of her votes from white latte liberals, whereas Hillary, who is more fiscally conservative, gets more support among African-Americans and disaffected working class white voters?
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 11:24:07 PM »

But how does that explain that Warren gets most of her votes from white latte liberals, whereas Hillary, who is more fiscally conservative, gets more support among African-Americans and disaffected working class white voters?

I could be wrong, you could be right. My guess though would be that Warren isn't running yet and isn't as well known among people who don't follow politics closely.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 11:52:37 PM »

Excellent, at least Hilary will have some opposition.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 12:00:26 AM »

I don't think this government email server is important to anyone. I don't think it would change even a single vote. The media and politicians like to focus on these non-issues too much and just ignore things that are actually important.

I don't support him, I am not sure there is any on the D side this election I could support, but I would prefer there to be some competition in the primary just so it makes things a little more interesting. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll make a difference whether he runs or not.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 12:10:06 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 12:11:58 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Reagan was too conservative to win nationally.

One of those won, and the only one who lost badly was running against the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe from WWII.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 01:19:25 AM »

He's like a turtle on his back.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 03:07:12 AM »

O'Malley missed a big opportunity by not running for Senate. Now he's going to get embarrassed.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 05:18:35 AM »

that's pretty tame. Even Hillary would agree that the next SoS would use gov email, I believe the new rules now dictate that. I know it is stereotypical to think the Clintons are behind everything, but sometimes I wonder if O'Malley is a stalking horse for them. They don't want to give up on the free media available from a primary season but don't want to risk a serious challenge. He fits the bill.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 08:03:24 AM »

Odds that, barring a run from Warren/Biden/that tier of candidates, O'Malley at least puts up a fight? He seems like a good Democratic Primary candidate, but he'd have an uphill battle nationally.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 08:53:07 AM »

that's pretty tame. Even Hillary would agree that the next SoS would use gov email, I believe the new rules now dictate that. I know it is stereotypical to think the Clintons are behind everything, but sometimes I wonder if O'Malley is a stalking horse for them. They don't want to give up on the free media available from a primary season but don't want to risk a serious challenge. He fits the bill.

So does literally every other Democratic hopeful.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »

O'Malley was one of Hillary's first backers in 2007. Personally, I think he's running for VP.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 03:37:01 PM »

What a brave stance. Roll Eyes
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »

Once again Martin O'Malley is a dummy and he's weak as hell.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies