Lucifer vs. Social Revolutionary Jesus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:18:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Lucifer vs. Social Revolutionary Jesus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: The Bringer of Light vs. The Overturner of Tables
Lucifer (R)

Lucifer (D)

Lucifer (I/O)

Social Revolutionary Jesus (R)

Social Revolutionary Jesus (D)

Social Revolutionary Jesus (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Lucifer vs. Social Revolutionary Jesus  (Read 2276 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »

afleitch is one of those people who would like Hell better. There's a lot of those.

What does that even mean?

Knowing you, you're always going on about how terrible Christianity and its God is, and Heaven is spending eternity with Him. Since Hell is, in this context, eternity without Him, it would be preferable to you.

You don't know me.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2015, 10:09:39 AM »

afleitch is one of those people who would like Hell better. There's a lot of those.

Knowing you, you're always going on about how terrible Christianity and its God is, and Heaven is spending eternity with Him. Since Hell is, in this context, eternity without Him, it would be preferable to you.

You don't know me.
But we know what your beliefs are.  Quite clearly.  But really I think you feel wronged by God and you're working through the process of grief in reverse since this is an expulsion rather than a loss...and right now you're working through anger while wading into denial.

Once complete you will have officially rejected God. 

So in my outline of beliefs above, you would be one of the few who will die the second death after judgment and cease to exist.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 03:20:42 PM »

You don't know me.
But we know what your beliefs are.  Quite clearly.  But really I think you feel wronged by God and you're working through the process of grief in reverse since this is an expulsion rather than a loss...and right now you're working through anger while wading into denial.

So in my outline of beliefs above, you would be one of the few who will die the second death after judgment and cease to exist.

Wronged by god? Grief? No. I just stopped believing in god five years ago and I only believed in god because I was essentially taught to. Enough of this psychobabble.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 12:37:52 AM »

You don't know me.

Wronged by god? Grief? No. I just stopped believing in god five years ago and I only believed in god because I was essentially taught to. Enough of this psychobabble.
Yeah clearly it was a decision made cool and rationally which is why you turn into a giant angry mountain troll whenever someone shares their own religious beliefs on this forum.

Basically you've built strawman God and you live to flog him with your angry stick to 'prove' how he's not real or certainly not worth worshipping.  Like a child punishing his parents for perceived injustices you flog God for the warped beliefs of people who claim to follow him.  If you cant take away their belief, you can at least attack and accuse their God.  Poison the well.

And you carry an air of smugness about it that is offensive.

I bet you get real mad and wanna infract me or lock this.  Dat anger phase.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 01:33:46 AM »

No. Your attempt at lightheartedly trolling me has made me smile though.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2015, 01:55:35 AM »

No. Your attempt at lightheartedly trolling me has made me smile though.
No trolling.  I really think your thoughts on religion are terrible.  Soon enough you won't care enough about religion to argue anymore...further proving my point.  But right now you're trolling me with passive aggressive short responses.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2015, 03:21:40 AM »

You said that I feel wronged by god, that I’m grieving, that I’m angry, in denial that I’ll ‘cease to exist’ for it, that I’m a ‘giant angry mountain troll’, flog god with an angry stick, that I’m smug and I’m in ‘dat anger phase’. I don’t think I’m the one who’s acting all pissed off Smiley Just because I’m engaging with a belief system you present (and I don’t think I’ve ever had the chance to talk about these things with you in particular, which is why I found it interesting) and offering a counter to or questions to it, doesn’t mean I’m doing anything other than talking about it. If you want to take it personally, then I can’t stop you.

FWIW, off forum I’ve worked with LGBT Christian youths who have had to leave their church (and sometimes their families) but don’t want to leave their faith. I don’t do anything other than support their belief system and give them contacts with welcoming and affirming churches. Discussions over life, death and what happens after, especially if they’ve been told they are hellbound, tends to give them a new perspective on their faith. This is what I meant when I say to people; you don’t know me.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2015, 09:21:28 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2015, 09:23:42 AM by CrabCake »

Hell really freaked me out as a child. I remember I was so scared of such a terrible fate, I put a blanket over my head and shouted 'I accept Jesus christ into my heart'. He never came, that bastard. (No, I don't know why I assumed a blanket would help Jesus accept me. I was a curious child)

I really wish churches excluded that aspect when teaching lil kids. I seriously didn't want or need the threat of eternal damnation hanging over me at an age I could barely comprehend the material world, let alone matters of metaphysics.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »

Andrew, I agree with snowguy that you do have an anger, but it's not with God as he thinks, but with the beliefs that some people have with God.  I understand and sympathize with that anger, but when you have expressed that anger here, you often do so in a way that can come across as an anger with God rather than those people.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »

Everlasting punishment is the perfect punishment to everlasting deceit and everlasting harbinging of misery and selfishness towards those who did not follow you.

Obviously Jesus.

If that's what you believe then why didn't you vote Lucifer?

(Voted Lucifer)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »

Andrew, I agree with snowguy that you do have an anger, but it's not with God as he thinks, but with the beliefs that some people have with God.  I understand and sympathize with that anger, but when you have expressed that anger here, you often do so in a way that can come across as an anger with God rather than those people.

Given that I think that man creates god in whatever image he pleases then I suppose you are half right, but I don't believe there is a god, so it is impossible to be angry at nothing more than a concept.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2015, 04:48:19 PM »

Given that I think that man creates god in whatever image he pleases then I suppose you are half right, but I don't believe there is a god, so it is impossible to be angry at nothing more than a concept.

Maybe if people were perfectly rational it would be impossible, but I don't think this is the case.

Otherwise no one could every really connect to any work of fiction, for example, I don't believe that Dumbledore really exists, so how could I be angry at him dying? Something doesn't need to be objectively real for it to cause emotions, and that's not a bad thing.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies