Vietnamese Voters in America.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:10:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vietnamese Voters in America.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vietnamese Voters in America.  (Read 497 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:59:06 AM »

Despite a Growing Democratic trend, Vietnamese Voters were one of the few Asian groups to vote for Mitt Romney in 2012. Let me show you the facts. According to the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund, 54 percent voted for the Former Governor. Compare that to only 19 percent of Chinese Americans who voted for Romney. Why is that ? Communism ! As Everyone knows, The First Vietnamese Americans voted for Republicans because they thought the Republican party was tougher on Communism................ My Point is, that as the Vietnamese Population continues to grow, will it vote for the Democrats in let's say 2020 ?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »

Yes, Vietnamese Americans have been largely Republican due in large part to anti-communism (similar to Cuban Americans) but both are considerably less Republican now because of the younger generation.  Obama performed much better among them than previous Democrats, (and Obama improved significantly from 2008 to 2012--McCain got about two-thirds) and with the quick trend the Democrats could easily win the Vietnamese American vote in 2020, or even 2016.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »

Yeah, there were some pretty big swings to Obama in Westminster and Garden Grove and the like. I wonder if the Asian-majority neighborhood in NE NOLA was won by Obama; considering both the fact that it voted for McCain in 2008 and that the gulf coast has an above average concentration of Vietnamese fishermen, I wouldn't be surprised if it were mostly Vietnamese.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies