Carbon Tax vs. Cap-and-Trade System (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:09:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Carbon Tax vs. Cap-and-Trade System (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which approach would you prefer to achieve a meaningful, further reduction in CO2 emissions?
Carbon Tax

Cap-and-Trade

Neither -I am a Skeptic

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Carbon Tax vs. Cap-and-Trade System  (Read 5486 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: March 20, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »

Carbon tax.   Responsiveness to demand is crucial for the normal functioning of any market. With a cap-and-trade system the level of energy demanded by users is replaced by a centrally set cap. (I realize the cap is on pollution but to a great extent the two will continue to be tied together even while the amount of pollution per energy decreases - and no one knows by how much)  I trust a more decentered economic decision making process, and a carbon tax will allow this while still incorporating some measure of the cost of pollution.  Granted a level for the tax must be made and this is a central decision, but it is not a decision so formally restricting as a cap, and the cost mechanism allows greater flexibility to meet the wax and wane of energy needs. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 04:20:23 PM »

None. Mans influence on climate is minimal at most. Temperatures have been going down for the last 20 years or so.

Umm....no.

And do I have to explain the basic greenhouse effect to you?

That chart would suggest it's been going down for the past decade, if you assumed the tail end continued.  Best to use a more up to date chart:

But that does suggest it hasn't changed much in the past 10 years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies