Reintroducing the 21st Amendment (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:15:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reintroducing the 21st Amendment (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reintroducing the 21st Amendment (Final vote)  (Read 3322 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: March 15, 2015, 11:16:13 AM »

This text repeals the 19th Amendment and is basically the final text not approved by the Senate, but with the automatic part, that allows to both Senators and citizens to present articles of impeachment. 

For new Senators: the change between this and the 19th Amendment is that the President'll be impeached if he doesn't post for 7 consecutive days in the Atlas Fantasy Election board(s), not in the Government board. This is the only change.

This seems sensible to me, especially since we have many officeholders (especially in executive positions) who do most of their government work in the AFE board anyway. I'm on board for now. 
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »

Oakvale, I'm open to that, but my issue is that any active Justice should be expected at the very least to post whether they concurred, dissented, or abstained on a decision made by the Court. I don't think that would necessarily prevent us from impeaching a justice even if they were only doing that without doing anything else.

I would be willing to raise the bar to three or four cases instead, just so we didn't have too many unnecessary hearings.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 08:56:11 PM »

NAY

I don't see anything wrong with maintaining a minimum, easy to attain standard of activity through which we can force an immediate trial. If you can't even do some of these simple things, it's difficult to argue why you should stay in office.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »

Windjammer what is your rationale for that amendment?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 01:11:43 PM »

In that case I'm on board as well.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »

Nay

These are incredibly basic activity requirements; keep in mind this bill doesn't we can't impeach people if they don't meet these standards. If you have a supreme court justice just showing up to say "I concur" but doing nothing else and there is evidence for that, I am still pretty sure that we could force a trial.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 10:42:45 PM »

NAY
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies