Everyday voters: do you broadly support my plan?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Everyday voters: do you broadly support my plan?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Everyday voters: do you broadly support my plan?  (Read 304 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2015, 06:31:50 PM »

Inquiring minds need to know! If you are a ConCon candidate, then please voice your opinion here.

I have actually shortened the original posts in order for them to all fit here/allow people to more adequately ingest the information in a summarized fashion, but the full posts can be read by clicking on the quotes. In essence, it's the original consolidation/Duke Plan for bicameralism efforts from two years ago, mixed with some more details that were never contemplated before because we never got that far:

GRIFF'S PRELIMINARY REGIONAL CONCON REFORM PLANS:

Basic Regional Dynamics

• Three regions, built on my CARCA proposal (map #6; the winner of the 2013 & 2015 CARCA projects)
  • New nation includes Canada & Mexico; possibly Caribbean nations as well
  • 1 Governor/Executive per region
  • 1 CJO per region

Max number of regional legislators fixed to federal formula, assessed every 2 months:

Idea #1 (My Favorite Idea)
  • <25% of the game's population = 3 Legislators
  • 25-40% of the game's population = 5 Legislators
  • >40% of the game's population = 3 Legislators

Idea #2
  • 01-39 Citizens = Universal Legislature
  • 40-79 Citizens = 3 Legislators
  • 80+ Citizens = 5 Legislators

Estimated # of Regional Offices = 15

TIME FOR A NEW NATION - A UNITED NORTH AMERICA

My original CARCA two years ago produced a superior map, forged from the overall consensus of nearly 20 people. While many of those people have since faded away, I submitted the original CARCA map for consideration in the new CARCA, and as of now, it is on track to be adopted once again out of all of the options. It is clear that I have been at the forefront of forging consensus on what a new, three-region Atlasia will look like, and that my judgement should be trusted in these matters.

It is very common for us to forget about how Marokai and I almost single-handedly added Canada to the game, and it's even more common to forget about it during the map design process (as we did during CARCA both times). As GM, I made sure to update the Wiki to reflect in all major cases that we are in a common market agreement with Canada, by changing the maps to reflect each region (and the nation's) true extent.

It's important to bring this up, because I will not accept a scenario in which Canada is left out of the new game. In fact, I believe it is high-time that we move ahead to maintain not just the territorial technicalities that we have, but to push ahead for a new and united North America under one government in totality. Word through the grapevine says that some cretins are claiming the entirety of a continent to the south of us: can we really afford to allow them to selfishly and rudely claim entire segments of the globe?

Not only should we unite with Canada, but I propose that we also create a new Atlasia that contains (the current) Oceania, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Cuba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, the Bahamas, Bermuda, US Virgin Islands, Antigua & Barbuda, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Dominica, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Grenada, & Trinidad & Tobago. In short, I am proposing a complete and total unification of North America (minus most/all of those pesky commonwealths and what not of other countries).

http://i.imgur.com/LfwpGdj.png

BICAMERALISM AND THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH

• Two chambers - House and Senate
  • House of 11; elected every 2 months; PLPR
  • Senate of 6, 2 for each region; elected every 4 months; 3 by voters & 3 by legislatures; staggered elections

• Current President & VP are weak; consolidate power
  • VP abolished; tie-breaking power in Senate given to President
  • House elects Prime Minister; tie-breaking power in House given to PM
  • PM succeeds President in vacancy; potential special election for P if vacancy is early in term

• SC Justices appointed to one year terms, staggered (Feb/Mar, Jun/Jul, Oct/Nov)
  • Term for a particular Justice ends at the beginning of a President's term
  • Justices can be reappointed; must face congressional confirmation regardless
  • Every President will have ability to appoint at least 1 SC Justice, potentially 2
  • No one will have to live to multi-year consequences of bad SC appointments
[/quote]
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »

I do support your plan. I have supported this plan since September 2013 you know Wink

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16CprQX313EgE37ashRbVCTWxz8TayYtbvmXjeV13OD8/edit?usp=sharing

A flashback from my presidential campaign
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies