2015 NCAA Basketball Bracket
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:25:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2015 NCAA Basketball Bracket
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2015 NCAA Basketball Bracket  (Read 6220 times)
Stockdale for Veep

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2015, 12:55:44 AM »

As one of the 1% of this state that hates the Badgers lemme say, Go, oh god its Duke... No win situation.

Also. This Aaron Rodgers story just highlights the intense tribalism in sports, it's fascinating. The casual fan doesn't understand that it is simply PR though. A Brewers player would be doing the same thing for Marquette.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2015, 08:10:19 AM »

As one of the 1% of this state that hates the Badgers lemme say, Go, oh god its Duke... No win situation.

Also. This Aaron Rodgers story just highlights the intense tribalism in sports, it's fascinating. The casual fan doesn't understand that it is simply PR though. A Brewers player would be doing the same thing for Marquette.

I'm guessing you don't like the Badgers because you're a bitter Marquette fan? I'm curious though, why are Marquette fans so filled with hate toward Wisconsin? If the tables were turned and Marquette were in the national championship all of us would be happily rooting for Marquette to win it all.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2015, 08:22:25 AM »

Yeah I was disgusted by the hate I saw on the Marquette blog. I hadn't realized the rivalry was full of hatred - I would be cheering on Temple in most scenarios where they reached the final. I thought it was a nice little in-state thing rather than Duke-Maryland
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2015, 08:33:14 AM »

Yeah I was disgusted by the hate I saw on the Marquette blog. I hadn't realized the rivalry was full of hatred - I would be cheering on Temple in most scenarios where they reached the final. I thought it was a nice little in-state thing rather than Duke-Maryland

I didn't go to UW but the entire state, except for the 1% who went for Marquette foot for them. Wisconsin fans usually love beating up on Marquette most of the time. To Wisconsin fans it's a fun, instate rivalry. To Marquette fans it's serious business, they hate Wisconsin and how they've usually been better over the last almost 40 years. They take every opportunity to root against Wisconsin. Funny thing is, as I've said is if Marquette was in the same situation this year Wisconsin fans would be fully rooting for them to win it all.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »

It's too bad. Kentucky was the best team and also the most fun team to watch.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2015, 05:25:47 PM »

I'm guessing you don't like the Badgers because you're a bitter Marquette fan? I'm curious though, why are Marquette fans so filled with hate toward Wisconsin? If the tables were turned and Marquette were in the national championship all of us would be happily rooting for Marquette to win it all.

Not a fan of any team, just hate UW from growing up around idiot Badger fans. Plus college ball has been terrible for several years due to the brain drain to the NBA.

I've always found people who are really passionate college fans odd. "my team of nefariously recruited kids is better than yours!"

O well.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2015, 12:06:59 AM »

^^ Yup. State Street was crazy of course. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »

This year's Kentucky team reminded me of the 1999 Duke team. They had something like 5 lottery picks on their roster and went 36-1, losing one game by a fluke buzzer beater in October.

They had their first real scare against Michigan St in the final four, only winning by 4 points or so, and then lost to UCONN in the finals. I'm not that shocked Kentucky lost to Wisconsin after their scare against Notre Dame.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2015, 05:13:34 PM »

The NCAA have had a good run of upsets lately, Butler was the upstart team, now WI. I have Duke winning, but WI will be the rep from Big 10, so I hope they find a way to win.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2015, 06:58:06 PM »

The NCAA have had a good run of upsets lately, Butler was the upstart team, now WI. I have Duke winning, but WI will be the rep from Big 10, so I hope they find a way to win.

Wisconsin is not an upstart team.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »

Those two blown calls are incredibly infuriating. If Duke hadn't beaten Wisconsin earlier in the year, I would say without a doubt that Wisconsin was the best team in the country at the end. The top 6 were all fun to watch this year, but I really believe Wisconsin was a notch above. So sad for Frank and Sheboygan boy - came so close Sad

The refs nearly got them against Kentucky too. Those were two of the ten worst officiated games I had seen all season. Truly a shame. Human error is part of the game of course, but the video replay really should have picked up some of this stuff and the non-overturns should not be happening in the Final Four.

Really a fun game to watch at the end of the day though. One of the best championships I had seen until the end.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2015, 10:51:36 PM »

So this is how most apathy voters feel.

The landscape of kids leaving early is the biggest reason for the recent success of teams like Wisconsin. UW is firing at 100% capacity, Duke has a bunch of Freshman and still beat them. Put Jabari Parker and Austin Rivers on this team to get Duke near 100% capacity.

The NBA really needs to do something about the 1-done, won't hold my breath though.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2015, 08:26:05 AM »

What a hosing Wisconsin received at the hands of the referees. It was predictable to see them swallow their whistles when Duke fell behind by 9.

The three blown Winslow charge calls, the blown out of bounds call that was clear it was off Duke, and the Tyus Jones flop were just textbook calls Duke always gets. And of course Duke was in the double bonus with 10 minutes left in the game. K wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to see more fouls called.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies