GOP finally finds a group of illegal immigrants they don't want to deport... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:16:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP finally finds a group of illegal immigrants they don't want to deport... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP finally finds a group of illegal immigrants they don't want to deport...  (Read 3376 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: March 15, 2015, 08:15:07 PM »
« edited: March 15, 2015, 08:26:47 PM by Lief »

...large families of fanatical white Christians who are seeking asylum in the United States from the horrible oppression of not being able to home school their children in their home country!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://christiannews.net/2015/03/07/house-panel-approves-bill-that-would-grant-foreign-homeschool-families-asylum-in-u-s/
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 02:38:18 AM »

I see nothing wrong with home-schooling (I was homeschooled for most of a year in 7th grade), if and only if the parents aren't insane or doing it for insane reasons.

If they can give a quality education (and I've noticed a lot of news articles popping up for how unprepared and brainwashed lots of homeschooled kids end up being), then home-schooling is okay. If they're just an excuse to brainwash kids, then no, not okay.

Okay, whatever, I disagree with this strongly, but the point is, even if you think home schooling should be legal, people should not be granted asylum because they can't home school their children in their home country.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 02:53:37 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 02:59:12 AM by Lief »

To say nothing of the creepy religious ones like this German family who think they're being persecuted.

what are you talking about joe these people look like a perfectly normal family and not at all like a creepy cult that wants to brainwash their children
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 01:26:52 PM »

No reason for a German couple to flee to the US to home school their children. It is perfectly legal in several EU countries to which they could have just migrated without all the fuss. Denmark is one of them and German is an official minority language here, so tests could be conducted in German.

There is something strange about this story. Looks like an excuse to circumvent US immigration rules.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that an American homeschooling organization just brought them over here so they could be used as a test case. Germany is the only EU country that bans home schooling as far as I know; they could have easily just legally immigrated within the EU.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies