Office of the Attorney General (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:53:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Attorney General (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Attorney General  (Read 3327 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: July 17, 2015, 11:46:13 PM »

Wow...this is farcical...

So, Yankee is charged with fake treason...could someone refresh our collective memory on Reality or Nothing? I wasn't around yet back then, but if I've got my history right, someone we all know and love had something to do with that...

And notice: he still hasn't mentioned this "very specific evidence!!!" In the past few weeks there's been countless mentions of how terrible Yankee is, but NOT A SINGLE SUBSTANTIVE FACT!!! Holy Toledo, this makes literal witch-hunts look like legitimate exercises in criminal justice!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:09:33 AM »

Will charges be brought against Governor TNF for his open and public attacks on the federal government?

If only we had a government official whose job it was to bring charges against people for stuff like that...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 02:48:20 PM »

Because the law says nothing to the contrary. Isn't this fun.

So probably cause doesn't exist in this game?

We aren't committing treason if protesting is protected by the Constitution, and we only bringing 20 men there not including myself.

I fully support your right to protest...but you're causing unneeded trouble for yourself by calling your organization the "Southern Shotgun Society and Milita." It's a recipe for a misunderstanding.

And even if he is violently protesting (I still don't think he is, and it's hard to prove either way in fantasyland), there's currently a governor attempting to violently overthrow the Atlasian government!!!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:35:17 PM »

From Al's impeachment trial:

Well let's see now. What's my answer going to be. Oh yes. It just so happens that I have a life outside of this game (a shocking and impeachable offense in its own right, probably) and have spent most of this Sunday away from my computer screen. Should I have filled in a permission slip of some kind first? As to your other questions, I'm not sure if I should answer them given the gross breaches of procedure in this show trial. In fact I'm not sure if I even recognise its legitimacy.

Regardless, the Rubicon has been crossed and the game is as good as dead: look around you if ou don't believe me. If it lasts in any form at all it will be an incredibly tedious affair centred around the borderline illiterate ramblings of NC Yankee and played largely by thirteen year old Young Republicans. A fate worse than death if you ask me and not a good use of the space that Dave has given us. Refusal to accept this is frankly delusional.

First of all, I'm neither 13 nor a Republican. Insults don't make your case any better.

You have a life outside this game? Great! Nothing wrong with that! But that defense is utter BS, because, as Blair pointed out, you had enough time to charge Yankee and Classic Conservative.

Do you deserve a fair trial? Of course. As much as I want to see your impeachment, rpryor and Cris are acting a little hasty to motion for a final vote. BUT, unless you come up with a better defense than the one I just blew apart in a sentence, it's a pretty clear vote. I mean, the only Senator defending you isn't actually a Senator (but he's delusional), and would be a criminal if we had a competent AG.

Also, don't forget this gem from the trial:

Know what? You utter losers can all go fyck yourselves. I resign.

Evergreen says it best:

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 03:08:07 AM »

Please please please. Incompetence? Outrageous! Malice possibly, incompetence never.

If charging non-criminals for crime when someone is actively engaging in open violent rebellion isn't incompetence, I don't know what is.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 12:38:25 AM »

Clarify it, please. (Also, why would you call me "kiddo?" I'm guessing it's a pretentious usage rather than an affectionate one, given our previous interactions.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies