Tulsi Gabbard and the BJP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:09:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Tulsi Gabbard and the BJP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard and the BJP  (Read 7581 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2015, 07:02:31 PM »
« edited: March 18, 2015, 07:05:39 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Sbane, cut the Third Worldist crap: we have the responsibility to decry human rights violations and the abuse of minority rights, even when these violations occur in the developing world. Whether Modi is directly or indirectly responsible for the communal riots is besides the point: India has a human rights problem. This really isn't disputable.

I, for one, welcome international meddling in American affairs. I want more nations to stake out a position against our carceral state and our nefarious imperialism.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2015, 07:38:11 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2015, 07:42:20 PM by Sbane »

Sbane, cut the Third Worldist crap: we have the responsibility to decry human rights violations and the abuse of minority rights, even when these violations occur in the developing world. Whether Modi is directly or indirectly responsible for the communal riots is besides the point: India has a human rights problem. This really isn't disputable.

I, for one, welcome international meddling in American affairs. I want more nations to stake out a position against our carceral state and our nefarious imperialism.

No, it is not the responsibility of America to tell India how to run its country beyond a certain limit (genocide etc) and the reciprocal is true as well.

My point is that both America and India have its issues. Of course India has an issue with minority rights. Can you tell me one country that doesn't? My point in this thread isn't to minimize that, it is to support Congresswoman Gabbard for standing up against a patronizing piece of legislation. Scolding India for something that happened 14 years ago is just plain silly. It might have made some sense to speak up the moment it occurred, but more than a decade later? Also, it is ridiculous to blame all of India for something that Gujaratis did but that is a discussion for another day.

And the bottom line is that all the legislation would do is harm US-India relations without implementing any solution to solve an actual problem. It is just a worthless piece of legislation that would accomplish nothing, except souring relations.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 04:35:16 PM »

Disgusting. Wish Hanabusa would just carpetbag here or something.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard is probably the greasiest Democratic politician in the country, among many other things.

The tragic thing is that nobody will likely step forward to primary her.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »

Except maybe Ed Case...
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 04:18:41 PM »

You mean, the "militant homosexualist"?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 10:06:03 AM »

LOL

Anyway a reminder.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 10:20:39 AM »

Her support of the BJP is certainly one of her redeeming features, but that doesn't excuse the ties with Assad.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »

Her support of the BJP is certainly one of her redeeming features, but that doesn't excuse the ties with Assad.

She didn't had right to go on a fact-finding mission (which included meeting with head of a state)? Why?Huh?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2017, 10:35:55 AM by DavidB. »

She didn't had right to go on a fact-finding mission (which included meeting with head of a state)? Why?Huh?
She absolutely does have that "right", and I have the right to find an amicable meeting between a supposedly progressive politician and war criminal Assad to be distasteful.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 08:22:09 PM »

It's funny how my perception of Gabbard went from "first Hindu in Congress! Cool!" to "generic Democrat" to "generic moderate Democrat" to "CRAZY BJP-SUPPORTING HP" to "endorsed Sanders? What?" to "$#(@$@)#(*$)(#@*$)#@("
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 09:09:37 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard really should be a republican tbh.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 12:46:03 AM »

She absolutely does have that "right", and I have the right to find an amicable meeting between a supposedly progressive politician and war criminal Assad to be distasteful.

You do. But that doesn't mean she made something illegal. It's for her voters (and only for them) to decide whether they approve it or not, and act accordingly. So far i mostly read a hysterical cries on this subject from people who have no relation to her and her district.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 07:40:53 AM »

Uh that's because some are touting her as a potential Presidential candidate. Then it's the business of everyone in the country.

And the idea that only people who live in a Congressperson's district can be critical of them is absurd.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 07:49:42 AM »

Uh that's because some are touting her as a potential Presidential candidate. Then it's the business of everyone in the country.

And the idea that only people who live in a Congressperson's district can be critical of them is absurd.

For you - may be. If i would be a congressman - all i would care would be my voters. All other could go to hell... They could criticize as much as they want - i wouldn't care. So if anyone from her district would want to primary her - it would be his/her right. All other can go... well i already said where....
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »

Well if she's a potential presidential candidate as some would have us believe that what people outside her district think IS quite relevant.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »

You do. But that doesn't mean she made something illegal. It's for her voters (and only for them) to decide whether they approve it or not, and act accordingly. So far i mostly read a hysterical cries on this subject from people who have no relation to her and her district.
So you suggest we just don't post about politicians outside our own districts anymore? Might as well shut down the forum then.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2017, 08:47:10 AM »

For you - may be. If i would be a congressman - all i would care would be my voters. All other could go to hell... They could criticize as much as they want - i wouldn't care. So if anyone from her district would want to primary her - it would be his/her right. All other can go... well i already said where....

The idea that Tulsi Gabbard, who represents Hawaii and has ties to the BJP, could only be primaried from the right is absurd, even if she did endorse Sanders.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2017, 08:50:53 AM »

So you suggest we just don't post about politicians outside our own districts anymore? Might as well shut down the forum then.

No. Obviously everyone has a right to discuss everything. But only an opinion of her voters is REALLY important to her.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2017, 08:54:56 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2017, 09:15:14 AM by smoltchanov »

Well if she's a potential presidential candidate as some would have us believe that what people outside her district think IS quite relevant.

In THIS case - absolutely... I never doubted it. Otherwise - it's only an opinion of HER voters which is important to her. I would never say that, say, Democrats can't criticize, say, Matt Gaetz, but i am absolutely sure he will pay zero attention to such criticizm. He doesn't run for anything, but FL-01, AFAIK, and people in FL-01 will mostly support him against such critics..

This is simply my reaction when i see hysteric cries "primary him/her!". From everyone, though in most cases these cries come from "activists" of both parties, whom i strongly dislike. If people of the district do want to primary somebody - they will do it without such "orders". If not - they are absolutely within their right to ignore such cries..
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2017, 10:18:47 AM »

Pretty awesome how somebody can take two paragraphs to say absolutely nothing of interest or value.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2017, 02:09:01 PM by smoltchanov »

Pretty awesome how somebody can take two paragraphs to say absolutely nothing of interest or value.

Thanks for compliment)))). Glad that my words are "self-evident truth" for you...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2017, 05:09:53 PM »

Especially coming from smoltchanov, whose posts are about 75% criticizing politicians from all over the country who he doesn't like.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2017, 06:26:17 PM »

In THIS case - absolutely... I never doubted it. Otherwise - it's only an opinion of HER voters which is important to her. I would never say that, say, Democrats can't criticize, say, Matt Gaetz, but i am absolutely sure he will pay zero attention to such criticizm. He doesn't run for anything, but FL-01, AFAIK, and people in FL-01 will mostly support him against such critics..

This is simply my reaction when i see hysteric cries "primary him/her!". From everyone, though in most cases these cries come from "activists" of both parties, whom i strongly dislike. If people of the district do want to primary somebody - they will do it without such "orders". If not - they are absolutely within their right to ignore such cries..
Bizarre that you of all people are defending a sanders supporter. Seeing as they are the primary everyone types.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2017, 11:11:37 PM »

You got mad when people criticized your candidate, who accepted $1 million from the Qatar government while SoS without notifying the US government. Qatar is a state sponsor of Wahhabi jihadist terrorists, and obviously got awarded the 2022 World Cup because of bribes. So you don't have a leg to stand on here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies