Tulsi Gabbard and the BJP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:50:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Tulsi Gabbard and the BJP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard and the BJP  (Read 7563 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2015, 03:52:25 PM »
« edited: March 16, 2015, 03:54:27 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/curious-islamophobic-politics-dem-congressmember-tulsi-gabbard
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:00:22 PM »

Hmm...She's into HP territory for me.
Panda Express

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 04:57:28 PM »

Her antics have been very disappointing but since she's attractive, I can forgive her.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:33:09 PM »

The fact that a Hare Krishna would buddy up with the BJP suggests she's incredibly naive in addition to being a HP. Then again, just being a Hare Krishna would suggests one is incredibly naive (minor slack cut since she was born into it).

It would be like an New Ager who's into the Kabbalah getting buddy buddy with The Jewish Home.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 08:50:37 PM »

The BJP's policies will stabilize and protect India from Islamic extremism for years to come.

If you think that protecting India from extremism means the mass murder of Muslims, sure.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 09:36:54 PM »

The BJP's policies will stabilize and protect India from Islamic extremism for years to come.

If you think that protecting India from extremism means the mass murder of Muslims, sure.

Considering that he is a Likud supporter, he probably does, yes.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 09:52:05 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 10:09:00 PM by Clarko95 »

Considering that he is a Likud supporter, he probably does, yes.
The biggest threats to India's, Israel's, and the world's (in general) stability and existence is not Islamic extremism, but nationalistic warmongers who destroy their countries while claiming to protect them.

But as for the OP: whether she is trying to milk Hindu donors for campaign donations and/or actually believes that crap, I am rapidly losing my respect for her because of this.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 11:56:18 PM »

I've always been suspicious of her considering her father's political career was based almost solely on homophobia.

This doesn't help.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 12:12:15 AM »

I've always been suspicious of her considering her father's political career was based almost solely on homophobia.

This doesn't help.

I gave her a pass on her dad, since you can't really control family and it's not improbable that you might end up with different views from a family member, but yeah, this is pretty terrible. Gabbard really needs to find new, less terrible political allies/friends.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 01:33:44 AM »

This doesn't help.

I gave her a pass on her dad, since you can't really control family and it's not improbable that you might end up with different views from a family member...
Yep; just look at Mario vs Andrew Cuomo.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 02:03:28 AM »

Hmm...She's into HP territory for me.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 03:20:50 AM »

I always knew she needed to be primaried.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 11:58:07 AM »

Always considered her a HP, so no surprise.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 12:41:50 PM »

Always considered her a HP, so no surprise.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 06:24:09 PM »

justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 08:03:15 PM »

First of all she's not even a Hare Krishna follower.  Her cult is an obscure homophobic offshoot of the Hare Krishna movement.

Also, to those who think she doesn't share her father's (and her cult's) views on homosexuality:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 09:16:10 PM »

Another ignorant, ethnocentric atlas thread about the BJP. Oh great. Roll Eyes

So, the BJP had been in power for almost a year now. What exactly have they done that would set them apart from other right wing parties like the Republicans? They are different from European conservative parties but they have a fascist base just like the republicans do here in America. The question is do they allow those people to call the shots. Are they? Give me specific examples.

As for me, the BJP has disappointed me but that was to be expected. Can't really expect any political party in India to immediately implement the needed reforms. And they do cater to their idiot base by changing things in textbooks and other sh**t like that. I am not excusing that behavior but Republicans do sh**t like that all the time!!! Why hold the BJP to a different standard?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 09:40:37 PM »

So, the BJP had been in power for almost a year now. What exactly have they done that would set them apart from other right wing parties like the Republicans? They are different from European conservative parties but they have a fascist base just like the republicans do here in America. The question is do they allow those people to call the shots. Are they? Give me specific examples.

As for me, the BJP has disappointed me but that was to be expected. Can't really expect any political party in India to immediately implement the needed reforms. And they do cater to their idiot base by changing things in textbooks and other sh**t like that. I am not excusing that behavior but Republicans do sh**t like that all the time!!! Why hold the BJP to a different standard?

That a Democrat would endorse a right-wing party in another country is ridiculous.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 10:38:09 PM »

That a Democrat would endorse a right-wing party in another country is ridiculous.

Did she actually endorse the BJP? She was just against a patronizing, "white man's burden" type non-sensical legislation. Should the Indian parliament call on America to improve its racial situation?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 10:43:41 PM »

Did she actually endorse the BJP? She was just against a patronizing, "white man's burden" type non-sensical legislation. Should the Indian parliament call on America to improve its racial situation?

Look at the picture at the top of the thread.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 11:32:18 PM »

Look at the picture at the top of the thread.

Doesn't change the fact that the legislation was a horrible idea.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 01:49:36 AM »

I don't even know what the legislation was. I just see a Democrat wearing the logo of a right-wing party from a country where there's a perfectly respectable left-wing opposition. That makes her a HP.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 06:15:05 AM »

I don't even know what the legislation was. I just see a Democrat wearing the logo of a right-wing party from a country where there's a perfectly respectable left-wing opposition. That makes her a HP.

A bill admonishing India for not doing enough to protect its religious minorities. They focus on Gujarat even though that happened 11 years before the piece of of legislation was proposed. That is a stupid thing for congress to do considering things like Ferguson, Eric garner and the general antics of police around this country. I applaud congresswoman Gabbard for standing up to this nonsense.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 08:32:18 AM »

Many of the cosponsors are black.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »

Many of the cosponsors are black.

Lol so what?

If you think it is appropriate to meddle in the internal affairs of India, don't you think it would be fair for India to do the same? And I didnt even mention the temple shooting.... I think it's always good to keep in mind that everybody's sh**t stinks. It doesn't smell like roses.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies