CNN/ORC national poll: Clinton = 53% favorable / 44% unfavorable
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:24:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CNN/ORC national poll: Clinton = 53% favorable / 44% unfavorable
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CNN/ORC national poll: Clinton = 53% favorable / 44% unfavorable  (Read 3499 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2015, 06:24:32 PM »

CNN/ORC national poll of Hillary Clinton's favorability, taken March 13-15:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/03/16/clinton.poll.pdf

53% favorable
44% unfavorable

Their last poll of her favorability was November 2014, when it was 59% favorable, 38% unfavorable.

Other questions from the poll:

Is she someone you would be proud to have as president?
yes 57%
no 42%

Says what she believes and not what voters want to hear?
yes 58%
no 41%

Is honest and trustworthy?
yes 50%
no 49%

Is the email issue serious or not?
very serious 31%
somewhat serious 20%
not too serious 23%
not serious at all 25%

Has Clinton done enough to explain the email issue?
yes 46%
no 51%

Did she do anything wrong (re: the emails)?
yes 51%
no 47%
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 06:27:23 PM »

53% favorable
44% unfavorable

Their last poll of her favorability was November 2014, when it was 59% favorable, 38% unfavorable.

yes 57%
no 42%

yes 58%
no 41%

yes 50%
no 49%

very serious 31%
somewhat serious 20%
not too serious 23%
not serious at all 25%

yes 46%
no 51%

yes 51%
no 47%

Such contradiction it's insane.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:31:40 PM »

Bill Clinton's favorables are actually a tiny bit higher among men (66-31) than among women (65-31).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 06:35:21 PM »

More apocalyptic news for Hillary's chances. Sad

If this is the best 2 weeks of universal relentless media assault can do, Hillary is in pretty good shape. Just imagine how good she'll look in comparison when the GOP clown car starts to ramp up.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 06:46:47 PM »

47% won't even say she did anything wrong. Of the remaining 51%, a good chunk of them probably think it's a minor issue, certainly worth less time than the media has spent bleating over it.

What has been the ratio of negative to positive Clinton stories from November to March? 9 to 1? And she is still viewed favorably 53-44. Lol. Of course they'll get her eventually (which is why she should announce she's not running), but it's still funny.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »

Bill Clinton's favorables are actually a tiny bit higher among men (66-31) than among women (65-31).

And yet PPP has them at 49-42. I know that was a poll of voters vs simply a national poll but one of them has got to be a off by quite a bit.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 07:16:14 PM »

47% won't even say she did anything wrong. Of the remaining 51%, a good chunk of them probably think it's a minor issue, certainly worth less time than the media has spent bleating over it.

What has been the ratio of negative to positive Clinton stories from November to March? 9 to 1? And she is still viewed favorably 53-44. Lol. Of course they'll get her eventually (which is why she should announce she's not running), but it's still funny.

Probably more like 100 to 1. A positive Hillary story is quite a rare sight indeed. They mostly range from neutral to intensely negative.

Funnily enough, Elizabeth Warren gets by far the most positive press coverage of any "candidate", because they're trying to force her to run. But if she actually got the nomination? They'd turn on her so fast it would make your head spin.
Panda Express

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 07:37:38 PM »

This is frustrating for O'Malley supporters. No matter what gets thrown at Hillary, she seems impervious to everything. Hopefully the Media doubles the amount of negative coverage Hillary gets. It's time for them to get serious about destroying her.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 07:38:01 PM »

Her numbers are going to drop during the Democratic debates.

Why? O'Malley wants to be VP, so he won't be aggressively attacking her. Sanders doesn't run negative campaigns, he always talks about the issues. Maybe Webb, but even he seems reluctant to take her on for whatever reason (cabinet position?). Warren isn't running. I suppose Biden would go down swinging since it would be his last hurrah, but I'm skeptical he'll run.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 07:44:09 PM »

This is frustrating for O'Malley supporters. No matter what gets thrown at Hillary, she seems impervious to everything. Hopefully the Media doubles the amount of negative coverage Hillary gets. It's time for them to get serious about destroying her.

Sorry dude, but I think the amount of negative coverage has reached the saturation point. Tongue At this stage the law of diminishing returns is starting to kick in.

The media's best hope is to find evidence of criminal wrongdoing and bring her down that way. If that doesn't work, maybe hire an assassin?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 08:08:25 PM »

Why? O'Malley wants to be VP, so he won't be aggressively attacking her. Sanders doesn't run negative campaigns, he always talks about the issues. Maybe Webb, but even he seems reluctant to take her on for whatever reason (cabinet position?). Warren isn't running. I suppose Biden would go down swinging since it would be his last hurrah, but I'm skeptical he'll run.
There will be someone attacking her. Biden is ambitious. He has no reason not to run. There is always Kucinich as well. O'Malley can still attack her and be VP. There is nothing preventing that. It happens to every candidate during debates. There numbers drop when others speak.

The fact that Biden is getting completely crushed in the polls would be a major deterrent. Granted, the same was true in his other presidential runs, but getting crushed as a sitting senator is an entirely different beast from getting crushed as a sitting VP. There's also the fact that he's made no moves toward running or assembled any organization to speak of. He probably wants to keep the option open in case Hillary implodes, plus he doesn't want it to look like he's getting pushed out by a private citizen, but at the end of the day I'd be pretty shocked if he pulled the trigger.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »

Guys, most people expect politicians to be liars and thieves. You're not going to beat Hilldawg on that angle.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 09:04:06 PM »

Will Clinton even agree to participate in any debates?  If she's still ahead in the primary polls by 30 or more points as of 6-9 months from now, she might decline to participate.

And honestly, I'm still not sure if she will even have any primary opponents (other than no name troll candidates like Vermin Supreme) as of 9 months from now.

Sanders sounds genuinely conflicted about whether to run or not.  O'Malley's people acknowledge on background that O'Malley's donors are all Clinton donors, and his pseudo-campaign might only graduate into a real campaign if Clinton were to opt out.  Webb does very little campaigning, and I don't think he's super enthused about running.

So my over/under on how many primary opponents (again, excluding folks with no political experience who we've never heard of, like the no-names who ran against Obama in the 2012 Dem. primaries) she'll have by December is 1.  But 0 is a possibility.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 09:05:26 PM »

Long term trendline of Clinton favorability, including all pollsters:

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »

I personally never trust these early pollsters, such as Bloomberg. Bloomberg has Hillary as 56 over Warren 12 in NH. While the average of other pollsters have Warren at 31 - 26 over Hillary. Now I am not saying this as what is the actual ideals of the NH Democrats are, but that is why I distrust pollsters.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 09:30:22 PM »

I personally never trust these early pollsters, such as Bloomberg. Bloomberg has Hillary as 56 over Warren 12 in NH. While the average of other pollsters have Warren at 31 - 26 over Hillary.

What are you talking about?  None of the polls have Warren ahead of Clinton in New Hampshire.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 09:32:11 PM »

I personally never trust these early pollsters, such as Bloomberg. Bloomberg has Hillary as 56 over Warren 12 in NH. While the average of other pollsters have Warren at 31 - 26 over Hillary. Now I am not saying this as what is the actual ideals of the NH Democrats are, but that is why I distrust pollsters.

I have no idea where you're getting those numbers. The average of all polls has Hillary up 39 points on Warren in NH.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nh/new_hampshire_democratic_presidential_primary-3351.html
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 10:04:10 PM »

Obama is 49-48 favorable in the latest Gallup. It sure didn't take long for them to have basically the same favorable rating. Obama has been attacked relentless for 6 years, so Hillary has a lot more room to go down.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 02:11:49 AM »

Obama is 49-48 favorable in the latest Gallup. It sure didn't take long for them to have basically the same favorable rating. Obama has been attacked relentless for 6 years, so Hillary has a lot more room to go down.

Clinton has been attacked relentlessly for 25 years.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 08:25:53 AM »

That's a massive drop compared with their previous poll.

Once she announces her run, the next poll will already show a tied favorable rating ...
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 08:42:02 AM »

The Obamabots and their passive hatred of Hillary (who shares 95% of The Anointed One's views) is so pathetic.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 08:46:05 AM »

53% favorable
44% unfavorable

yes 57%
no 42%

yes 58%
no 41%

yes 50%
no 49%

very serious 31%
somewhat serious 20%
not too serious 23%
not serious at all 25%

yes 46%
no 51%

yes 51%
no 47%

Such contradiction it's insane.

Not really. I do think she behaved stupidly with the email thing. By now, the Clintons should have learned that the GOP's first instinct with them is to assume that where there's smoke, there's fire, even if there isn't. That doesn't mean she shouldn't be President, though. I can't be the only person who thinks that.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 08:48:54 AM »

The Obamabots and their passive hatred of Hillary (who shares 95% of The Anointed One's views) is so pathetic.

bobloblaw
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 08:50:19 AM »

She's a horrible candidate and would make a horrible president. All the sleeze of Bill with no charm.

Make no mistake she is my second choice, but for machiavellian reasons
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

What an intelligent rebuttal. Thank you for clarifying the key differences between Obama and Hillary.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies