CNN/ORC national poll: Clinton = 53% favorable / 44% unfavorable
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:00:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CNN/ORC national poll: Clinton = 53% favorable / 44% unfavorable
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CNN/ORC national poll: Clinton = 53% favorable / 44% unfavorable  (Read 3478 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »

The Obamabots and their passive hatred of Hillary (who shares 95% of The Anointed One's views) is so pathetic.

What an intelligent rebuttal. Thank you for clarifying the key differences between Obama and Hillary.

Well, politically they are not that far apart. It's more the persona of Hillary that makes the hair on my balls stand up.

Obama:

Hillary:

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2015, 02:37:42 PM by IceSpear »

That's a massive drop compared with their previous poll.

Once she announces her run, the next poll will already show a tied favorable rating ...

I thought it would be very negative and she'd trail the Republicans (then lose in a landslide ofc)?

By the way, their May 2014 poll had Hillary at a 55-42 favorability rating. Not so much a "massive drop" as a "return to form".
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »

Hillary Clinton

From this:

To this:

SOOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAD

You realize this favorability rating is far higher than that of any of the Republican candidates, correct?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 03:25:43 PM »

*yawn* I was talked into this idea that my eyes and ears were deceiving me and Obama wasn't a shoo-in to be re-elected 4 years ago. I'm not buying it again and the credibility of anyone who tried selling it to me then is shot (including our dear Winfield). My eyes and ears are not deceiving me. Hillary Clinton is going to win.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2015, 03:30:32 PM »

Hillary Clinton

From this:

To this:

SOOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAD

You realize this favorability rating is far higher than that of any of the Republican candidates, correct?

What polls have shown is that Hillary has very high name recognition. 

Now that the public is getting to know more about her, her statements, her views, her actions, her favorable ratings will decline, go up with some other event, fluctuate.

But anyone who believes that Hillary is guaranteed the Presidency is sadly mistaken.

Once she declares, if she does, and once she is under the microscope as a major candidate for the Presidency, and once the slogging gets tough and nasty, as it surely will, she will not be leading the race nearly to the extent that she has been doing. 

This race is not over, as some Hillary robots seem to believe, but really has not as yet even begun in the larger context.   

Who here is contesting any of this? Just because Democrats celebrate a poll that shows Hillary ahead doesn't make them delusional about her prospects.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 03:46:14 PM »

Hillary Clinton

From this:

To this:

SOOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAD

What polls have shown is that Hillary has very high name recognition. 

Now that the public is getting to know more about her, her statements, her views, her actions, her favorable ratings will decline, go up with some other event, fluctuate.

But anyone who believes that Hillary is guaranteed the Presidency is sadly mistaken.

Once she declares, if she does, and once she is under the microscope as a major candidate for the Presidency, and once the slogging gets tough and nasty, as it surely will, she will not be leading the race nearly to the extent that she has been doing. 

This race is not over, as some Hillary robots seem to believe, but really has not as yet even begun in the larger context.   

Yes, very high name recognition...and positive favorability. Quite a good combination if I do say so myself.

And if the public already knows about her, why would they fall after they "get to know her"? They already know her. Maybe 2 weeks of intense and relentless negative media coverage will move the numbers a bit, maybe she'll get temporary bumps from things like announcing her campaign clinching the nomination, but in the grand scheme of things, most people aren't changing their opinion of her at this point.

Nobody said she's guaranteed the presidency, so that's just a strawman. She's already been under the microscope for quite a while now. She's received far more scrutiny than any other candidate in either party. If anyone has to be worried about increased scrutiny, it will be the eventual Republican nominee (unless it ends up being media darling Jeb Bush, since they'll give him a pass for everything.)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2015, 07:31:25 AM »

Not really worth starting a brand new thread, so I'll post this here.  YouGov now has her at 44% favorable, 45% unfavorable:

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/7h5papjepi/toplines_HP_clinton_email_20150313.pdf
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2015, 08:22:10 AM »

Not really worth starting a brand new thread, so I'll post this here.  YouGov now has her at 44% favorable, 45% unfavorable:

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/7h5papjepi/toplines_HP_clinton_email_20150313.pdf

I already posted this last week:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=208942.0
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2015, 08:37:23 AM »

Oh, sorry, I got that mixed up with another one.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »

*yawn* I was talked into this idea that my eyes and ears were deceiving me and Obama wasn't a shoo-in to be re-elected 4 years ago. I'm not buying it again and the credibility of anyone who tried selling it to me then is shot (including our dear Winfield). My eyes and ears are not deceiving me. Hillary Clinton is going to win.

Yes, just ask President Dewey about that.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2015, 11:36:05 AM »

Dewey being the favorite was built on a selection bias of people throwing out polls that didn't show Thurmond and Wallace getting any broad support.

If anything Republicans have been acting Dewey-Trumanesque these past two elections with unskewed polling and refusing to believe the Clintons are as popular with the public as they are.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 12:45:34 PM »

Dewey being the favorite was built on a selection bias of people throwing out polls that didn't show Thurmond and Wallace getting any broad support.

If anything Republicans have been acting Dewey-Trumanesque these past two elections with unskewed polling and refusing to believe the Clintons are as popular with the public as they are.

My dear friend, the only two things that are certain in this life are death and taxes.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »

As a right-leaning libertarian, I agree Clinton is the favorite.  It sucks and I would love for Clinton to not run for whatever reason.  But alas....
porky88
Rookie
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 03:37:17 PM »

I agree about the Clintons being more popular than republicans think. Frankly, I think some liberals are in denial about their broader appeal.

I also think the republicans are miscalculating Obama fatigue. They seem to think President Obama will be as big of a drag on the Democratic Party in 2016 as President Bush was on them in 2008. That‘s not happening if you look at the current data. Things could still change, but the current trajectory points to this election being more like 1988 or 2000 than 2008.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2015, 03:46:02 PM »

I agree about the Clintons being more popular than republicans think. Frankly, I think some liberals are in denial about their broader appeal.

I also think the republicans are miscalculating Obama fatigue. They seem to think President Obama will be as big of a drag on the Democratic Party in 2016 as President Bush was on them in 2008. That‘s not happening if you look at the current data. Things could still change, but the current trajectory points to this election being more like 1988 or 2000 than 2008.

Indeed. If McCain can get 46% of the vote when Bush is at 25% approval, then Hillary can certainly clear 50% when Obama is at 45% approval. Though Obama could still sink lower, at the moment his approval is far higher than Bush's was in March 2007.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies