Walmart Giving All Employees a Raise to $10/Hour
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:11:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Walmart Giving All Employees a Raise to $10/Hour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Walmart Giving All Employees a Raise to $10/Hour  (Read 8513 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2015, 09:58:10 PM »

I talked to someone I know who works overnights at wal mart and they're giving everyone on that shift two $1/hour raises in the upcoming months.  Their wages will all go up at least 15%.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2015, 10:47:57 PM »

I talked to someone I know who works overnights at wal mart and they're giving everyone on that shift two $1/hour raises in the upcoming months.  Their wages will all go up at least 15%.

THE WORLD IS ON FIRE
OBUMMER ECONOMY
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2015, 10:39:06 AM »

AggregateDemand existing is an interesting social experiment. His thought process appears to be of someone who completely skipped K-12 school, and all the experiences that comes with it, skipped undergraduate work, and just straight up earned a Masters in Finance. He his knowledge tree begins and ends at the borders of an economics textbook.

I would contest this, unless it was a very poorly written textbook.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »

AggregateDemand existing is an interesting social experiment. His thought process appears to be of someone who completely skipped K-12 school, and all the experiences that comes with it, skipped undergraduate work, and just straight up earned a Masters in Finance. He his knowledge tree begins and ends at the borders of an economics textbook.

What's not amusing about the situation is that I'm the one who works in the industry, maintains my own business, and has academic/professional credentials to my name.

I didn't skip K-12. It seems I'm one of the few people who learned something after 12th grade.

Except how not to speak like a condescending a#%hole who consistently demonstrates he knows far far less than he thinks he does. But good show and all that.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2015, 11:34:47 AM »

Update: Target has announced it will raise its minimum wage to $9 per hour effective this April.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102508233
Nice to hear. More than any other retailer, around, Target had to do this. Target's entire business model is based around being the same sort of all around discount retailer WalMart is, but with somewhat better products and service. None of that works if they're stuck employing the people that WalMart doesn't want.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »

Except how not to speak like a condescending a#%hole who consistently demonstrates he knows far far less than he thinks he does. But good show and all that.

I don't start pissing contests. I just win them. Now quit being such a sore loser, and show some respect.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2015, 03:14:43 PM »

I don't start pissing contests. I just win them. Now quit being such a sore loser, and show some respect.

Don't you need to have other people express agreement with you in order to 'win'?  Anybody at all?  And I know it must be frustrating after all this time, but you shouldn't have to beg for respect either.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2015, 03:37:46 PM »

You keep claiming you win arguments even though nobody except resident kooks like blackraisin ever agree with you.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »

Please folks, argue over politics and not over other posters.

X Your friendly neighborhood spidermod
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies