PiT for Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:22:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT for Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PiT for Legislature  (Read 798 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2015, 11:48:11 PM »

In light of my renewed vigor in Atlasia, I decided that it was time for me to make my return to elected office. As such, I am running for the Legislature of our Glorious Southland.

As a member of the Federalist Party and previously the Regional Protection Party, it should come as no surprise that I consider myself a "right-winger" and a "conservative". But what does that mean? One critical aspect that has been tragically underemphasized in Atlasia is a respect for tradition and traditional institutions. Our region has a very rich tradition, extending back over the past 11 years. However, the sheer breadth of this history makes it difficult for newbies to understand it and make their own mark upon it. As such, I am running with two proposals in mind.

One, is to codify our statute into a continuous document. The federal government and all five regions have done this with their Constitutions, yet the statute exists as a disjointed set of laws, unlike a real statute. My intent is to create a commission whose work will be to group similar laws into code sections and create a genuine statute, which will be easier to use and reference.

Two, is to develop a reference on our region's history. This is a place where many interesting events have happened and dynasties have been built. I want us to be able to initiate new citizens in this rich history, and leave them a reference for how things are and how things have been. I want us to leave a record for posterity.

I understand that there are some excellent Legislators and some excellent candidates in this race. I look forward to an exciting regional election, and I wish everyone the best of luck in this race.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »

Endorsed man!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 12:18:01 AM »

Endorsed without a single doubt! Cheesy
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 12:25:05 AM »

One, is to codify our statute into a continuous document. The federal government and all five regions have done this with their Constitutions, yet the statute exists as a disjointed set of laws, unlike a real statute. My intent is to create a commission whose work will be to group similar laws into code sections and create a genuine statute, which will be easier to use and reference.

Two, is to develop a reference on our region's history. This is a place where many interesting events have happened and dynasties have been built. I want us to be able to initiate new citizens in this rich history, and leave them a reference for how things are and how things have been. I want us to leave a record for posterity.

As someone who constantly struggles with insight of statutes because of them looking so disjointed, I welcome and applaud your proposal too Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 01:00:34 AM »

Tonight I hear the neighborhood drummer's sound
I can feel my heart begin to pound
You say you're tired and you just want to close your eyes
and follow your dreams down

Absolutely endorsed.
Chancellor Tanterterg