IDS 2: Stop PMing Me Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS 2: Stop PMing Me Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS 2: Stop PMing Me Act  (Read 2199 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: March 19, 2015, 09:54:01 PM »

The enforcement mechanism is hollow. An outsider can spam PM all he wants and no one in region can counter it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 10:08:09 PM »

Furthermore, across Atlasia we've seen a trend toward PM-exclusive campaigns.  In these races, we never know what sorts of attacks and empty promises are made to voters behind the scenes and there is almost literally no transparency because a candidate has decided that all they need to win is to pander to the voters as individuals with a bunch of one-on-one PMs.   

You don't say?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 02:46:53 AM »

Are we copying legislative posts in triplicate now or did you downgrade to dial up Duke? Wink

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 09:36:39 PM »

Hagrid just been kicked to the curb. Its now the Love Tales of Griffin and X. Tongue

Whilst we are on this subject of PMing, I will give one of my annoying history lessons. I will say that I have sent my fair share of PMs, but I also had a public campaign ever time. In 2010, I won >80% of the vote in all three elections for DS/IDS Regional Senator that year. However, and this is easy to glose over with all the RPP-JCL hegemony omg omg omg Dissolution save us bs, but in February I had just six RPPers in the region and by June we had just four (DWTL made it five,  but hadn't posted in seven months. It was just Duke, myself, Tb75 and Brandonh) whilst the Populares had nine. Things had improved by October (PiT rejoined and both Devilman and Giovanni moved to the region), but the Populares still outnumbered us by 2 and yet I beat an RPPer turned Populares SPC who I had trailed in the polls (sound familiar) 16 to 3 (one of whom was Brandonh). The way I did it was by aggressive PM outreach to JCPers (who even endorsed me in the last election and actually had votes enough for that to matter in the region Tongue), and even Populares members. Hell even Jbrase voted for me I think in that election and I was far less libertarian then than I am now. Of course Jbrase knew that I was the most consistent defender of the Populares post Hamilton in the RPP and at that time we wanted to maintain the alliance against the left in other regions (we were within one vote in the NE and ME of sweeping three regions) and nationally (AndrewX24ever), knocking me out would have been counterproductive.

It is very easy to beneficit by doing it all by PM. You don't have to be consistent, you can be Richard Nixon, everything to everybody. You can talk like a liberal in the Bay Are and an unreconstructed Southerner in Appalachia. I never lied to anyone and most everything discussed issue wise centered around stuff that was also a feature in the campaign. And yes, I have had someone complain about my PMs, though that was sent for the sake of the Presidential elections not for myself and was from someone registered in another region.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 01:56:22 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAhTY3Dwl0

I wonder if there is an in-game legal mechanism for extraditing a yankee like yourself the South for trial.  In any event, if you're this fiercely opposed the bill then surely it can't be all bad.

If Griffin counts as a Yankee, then I am Canadian and Hagrid is from the Greenland.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies