IDS 2: Stop PMing Me Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:39:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS 2: Stop PMing Me Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS 2: Stop PMing Me Act  (Read 2198 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: March 25, 2015, 10:58:25 PM »

Furthermore, across Atlasia we've seen a trend toward PM-exclusive campaigns.  In these races, we never know what sorts of attacks and empty promises are made to voters behind the scenes and there is almost literally no transparency because a candidate has decided that all they need to win is to pander to the voters as individuals with a bunch of one-on-one PMs.  

Hilarious to see you of all people suddenly concerned about this! Would you kindly point me to your campaign HQ, Mr. Multi-term "Southron" Legislator?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 12:26:00 AM »

As a True Southron™ and resident in the NE, I will be more than willing to send out PMs to anyone if this law is passed (and will proactively send all sorts of random PMs to anyone who joins this list). Call me Adam Tubman, for I will keep the flow of freedom going (in a general north-south direction)!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:16:54 PM »

Furthermore, across Atlasia we've seen a trend toward PM-exclusive campaigns.  In these races, we never know what sorts of attacks and empty promises are made to voters behind the scenes and there is almost literally no transparency because a candidate has decided that all they need to win is to pander to the voters as individuals with a bunch of one-on-one PMs.  

Hilarious to see you of all people suddenly concerned about this! Would you kindly point me to your campaign HQ, Mr. Multi-term "Southron" Legislator?

I actually only sent two short campaign PMs this past campaign.  At yes, the final straw came recently, what's your point?  The biggest issue is sending unwanted campaign PMs.

My point is that you're a notorious PM fiend and you've managed to win two elections in the South thus far without so much as opening a campaign thread to campaign publicly. So, did you win based solely on your party carrying you or by running an exclusively private campaign? Either way, tsk tsk, hypocrite, bad for the game, etc etc.

As a True Southron™ and resident in the NE, I will be more than willing to send out PMs to anyone if this law is passed (and will proactively send all sorts of random PMs to anyone who joins this list). Call me Adam Tubman, for I will keep the flow of freedom going (in a general north-south direction)!

I wonder if there is an in-game legal mechanism for extraditing a yankee like yourself the South for trial.  In any event, if you're this fiercely opposed the bill then surely it can't be all bad.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 10:51:10 PM »

Lord, y'all are being way too nice about this.

IT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA,
IT'LL NEVER WORK,
IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL BY PRECEDENT,
AND YOUR JUSTIFICATION FOR IT MAKES YOU A BIG OL' HYPOCRITE,
SO JUST STAHP
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 08:50:07 PM »

My point is that you're a notorious PM fiend and you've managed to win two elections in the South thus far without so much as opening a campaign thread to campaign publicly. So, did you win based solely on your party carrying you or by running an exclusively private campaign? Either way, tsk tsk, hypocrite, bad for the game, etc etc.

I actually only sent two short campaign PMs this past campaign.  At yes, the final straw came recently, what's your point?  The biggest issue is sending unwanted campaign PMs.

You're a hypocrite. And nobody believes you only sent "two short campaign PMs this past campaign" for your own candidacy; hell, you sent more than that campaigning against me in the at-large Senate special! You justified this bill in part because people supposedly are running behind-the-scenes campaigns in the South, yet you didn't run a public campaign yourself.

If we take you at your (latest) word, then you won because you did nothing and solely because of your name and party affiliation. Roughly 24 hours earlier, however, you did admit to sending PMs. So either:

• you lied about sending PMs (as in, you actually didn't send them), and won because of your name and party affiliation, or
  • you lied about winning because of name and party affiliation, and did in fact send the PMs you admitted to sending (which would constitute the entirety of your campaign)

Either way, how shameful!

Also, your whole shtick of "I know you are but what am I!" is really old. I'm using your own words against you; you're making up accusations out of thin air and windjamming.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »

tl;dr - I'm sure it's full of a bunch of BS, baseless attacks, posturing and classic X triangulation/"please everyone, like me!", anyway

Why don't you guys just push this to vote, shoot it down and be done with it? It's quite the trainwreck to watch...and any outcome will inevitably just be a formalized recommendation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies