What Unites Us
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:23:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What Unites Us
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Unites Us  (Read 738 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:46:19 PM »
« edited: April 26, 2005, 10:53:02 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

I just wanted to make some quick remarks regarding the current situation.

Though I stand behind my belief that the actions of the Southern governor are unlawful and I stand by my call to send troops, if nessesary, to enforce the just laws of our nation, I reject any call for a Civil War.

In a time when the forces of evil have never been so active, and so flagrant in thier actions, we must stand united behind those values that make us all defenders of freedom.  We must understand that any fighting between us will be taken advantage of by those who wish to do harm to the very institution of freedom and liberty, throughout the world.

Regardless of the eventual outcome of any such struggle, the final result will be the same.  Weakness for us.  Victory for our enemies.

And so, I ask all citizens of our great country to maintain an aura of call.  Put away your weapons.  Calm your feelings of misgiveing toward your fellow citizens.  There is only one country in this world that can stand up to the evils that plauge the world and humanities common enemies.  Only one nation that the imprisioned souls of men can look to for hope.  If we push ourselves over the edge, we will extiguish that hope for ever.

I ask you to look into your own souls and recongnize that, despite our differences, we must remain one nation, under God.

Thank you.

God Bless you all.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:49:08 PM »

Yet you called for that very thing not one hour ago. Obviously, there won't be a "war", but I wouldn't rule out secession.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 10:50:28 PM »

Yet you called for that very thing not one hour ago. Obviously, there won't be a "war", but I wouldn't rule out secession.

When did I call for a War or Seccession?  Was President Eisenhower calling for those things when he requested that the NAtional Gaurd be sent in to desegregate the schools?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 10:52:04 PM »

Yes, he was. He was calling for the invasion of a state by military personell.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 10:53:22 PM »

President Eisenhower was enforcing a Supreme Court ruling. Not some invalid law without judicial review.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 10:56:58 PM »

President Eisenhower was enforcing a Supreme Court ruling. Not some invalid law without judicial review.

I refuse to respond, and in so doing, continue the insanity.  You know my opinion.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 11:10:51 PM »

This speech has too much God and too little thought.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 11:20:11 PM »

I'm sorry that a heart-felt declaration offends your sensabilities so.  I'll try to be more uninspired in the future.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 11:23:55 PM »

I'm sorry that a heart-felt declaration offends your sensabilities so.  I'll try to be more uninspired in the future.

It's just an honest assessment.  It also does not ring true with your statements earlier, as Jake pointed out above.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 11:25:23 PM »

It's just an honest assessment.  It also does not ring true with your statements earlier, as Jake pointed out above.

Sending the troops to protect the law will only result in a conflict if you allow it to.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 11:28:12 PM »

Also, as I said in the speech, I still stand by the idea that we should send the guard to protect the civil liberties, so long as those liberties are lawful.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 11:31:50 PM »

Sending the troops to protect the law will only result in a conflict if you allow it to.

There was no need to make pronouncements of the sort and inflame people's tempers.  It makes the situation worse, not better.

Let the court make its decision, after that a proclamation of the sorts would be in order by the President and the President only.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 11:37:28 PM »

There was no need to make pronouncements of the sort and inflame people's tempers.  It makes the situation worse, not better.

Let the court make its decision, after that a proclamation of the sorts would be in order by the President and the President only.

My intent was to help the situation by making a statement that put people's minds on the broader principles of Atlasia.  I am sorry that it back fired.  Apparently, I am subject to a level of criticism that others (certainly not Peter Bell) are not subject to.  Very well.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 11:58:41 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2005, 12:08:55 AM by Senator Supersoulty »

I appologize.  It appears that this was all a misunderstanding.  The evil ones I refered to are not those in the southeast, but those who wish to do harm to Atlasia from without; Islamic terrorists, Kim Jong Ill and the Chinese.  Sen. Spade and I have made ammends.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 12:04:50 AM »

I apologize too on those remarks.  I misread what the Senator had to say and now understand what he really meant.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies