Opinion of TNF (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:36:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of TNF (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Opinion of TNF  (Read 13236 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: March 17, 2015, 04:35:28 PM »

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 09:49:51 AM »

Probably a nice and well meaning guy IRL, who is knowledgable and articulate, but his support for genocide, regicide and massacres makes him a HP.

Probably a nice and well meaning guy IRL, who is knowledgable and articulate, but his support for genocide, regicide and massacres makes him a HP.

Precisely. Being ok with mass murder is a deal breaker.

all the "sincerity", "intelligence", and "interestingness" in the world couldn't make me vote ff on someone who literally supports the murder of innocent children.

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 09:55:37 AM »

we all know you don't care, tnf. any normal, well-adjusted person does, though.

>implies I'm not "well-adjusted"
>is an adult that watches My Little Pony
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »

Something that really, really pisses me off a great deal about TNF is his tendency to never follow through on an argument with other posters. Typically, my interactions with him would go something like that:
- He post a hyperbole-filled one-liner
- I shortly express my disagreement toward what he just posted
- He replies with an articulate effortpost defending and elaborating on his previous post
- I reply with an effortpost of my own seeking to debunk his argument
- He never replies to that post

This has happened at least a dozen of times already, and, honestly, it's the only thing that prevents me to consider him fully a good poster. I feel like he is very interested in showing off and proving us that yes, he can provide an articulate justification for his views, but isn't really interested in actually arguing with other people. I don't know if this is because he feels that his time is too precious to waste with us unenlightened capitalists, or because he is secretly insecure about the quality of his own arguments and fears that they might be completely debunked if subjected to close scrutiny.

Either way, that's a huge character flaw.

9/10 there's no point in continuing an argument with you because no matter what I say you're never going to budge from your position. Hence, I typically don't find it worth the time or effort to try. That plus I don't as a general rule spend all day on Atlas or frantically check every thread I've posted in every time I log into the forum, because you know, I have better things to do that spend my time handwringing over arguments on the Internet

If you think that disqualifies me from being a "good poster" that's cool or whatever. I don't really care.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 08:15:33 AM »

9/10 there's no point in continuing an argument with you because no matter what I say you're never going to budge from your position.

You realize I could say the exact same thing about you, right?

At least I am willing to listen to your arguments.

I don't have a problem with being called dogmatic or ideologically rigid by a social democrat, given that the original sin of that ideology is having an utter lack of principle from day one.

I don't think that a willingness to engage with every argument that comes your way is necessarily a good thing, either. You have to be willing to ignore some and focus on bigger fish, which is why I don't really ever argue with conservatives. If I did, I'd be posting 5 or 6 paragraphs in every other thread every time a conservative made an incredibly stupid post about Obama or the Democrats being some group of left-wing sleeper agents.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »

I don't think that a willingness to engage with every argument that comes your way is necessarily a good thing, either. You have to be willing to ignore some and focus on bigger fish, which is why I don't really ever argue with conservatives. If I did, I'd be posting 5 or 6 paragraphs in every other thread every time a conservative made an incredibly stupid post about Obama or the Democrats being some group of left-wing sleeper agents.

The issue isn't that you don't always engage with every argument. It's that when you do so, you post only once and then completely ignore what the other poster might have to answer. That's completely different. I don't waste time arguing with mindless hacks either, but when I take the time to start an argument with another poster, I do so because I think that poster is reasonably intelligent and it might be worthwhile to share our perspective on that issue. I don't post a rebuttal just to show everyone how good I am at writing effortposts and then leave it there.

See my above posts.

I apologize if I've injured your pride by not responding to the walls of text you write in response to something I've posted and then forgotten about. I'll try and make more of an effort to systematically tear them apart in the future, if it makes you feel any better.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 09:04:18 AM »

If you are so certain that you posses the absolute truth and anyone who disagree with you is a hopeless moron who only wastes your time, you could stop posting on this forum altogether. I don't really see the point of doing what you do unless you just want to show off how smart you are.

Looks like a touched a nerve with that lost post! Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »

If you are so certain that you posses the absolute truth and anyone who disagree with you is a hopeless moron who only wastes your time, you could stop posting on this forum altogether. I don't really see the point of doing what you do unless you just want to show off how smart you are.

Looks like a touched a nerve with that lost post! Smiley

Yes, you caught me. I guess there is no point in hiding it anymore: I have a strong dislike for arrogant assholes. Congrats for figuring that out.

Boy is the pot calling the kettle black on this one!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies