Five favorite albums (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:17:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Five favorite albums (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Five favorite albums  (Read 4420 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: March 18, 2015, 12:45:43 AM »

The list changes every couple of years. But these are always contenders for me because I always end up coming back to them for another listen:

Radiohead - OK Computer
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane over the Sea
of Montreal - Aldhils Arboretum
Say Anything - ...Is a Real Boy

But, like I said, that's always changing. Right now I'm into of Montreal's "Lousy With Sylvianbriar" which came out a couple years ago, for example (and I'd highly recommend it).

I think the results will strongly correlate to albums people listened to when they were becoming young adults. Then again, do many people even buy entire albums anymore when it's so easy to buy a single song?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 05:32:12 PM »

^ am I the only one who sees what other people like and then checks out some tracks?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 09:47:32 PM »

Antiphon is great, at least, the title track is anyway. Listening to the rest is my to do list.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 06:43:15 PM »

^ am I the only one who sees what other people like and then checks out some tracks?

You're doing it right. Heard anything that you hadn't heard before but enjoyed in the thread so far?

From yours, I enjoyed a bit of Out to Lunch, although its style is such that it's difficult for me to gauge if I really appreciate it yet; it needs a good hard listen. Frustratingly on my medium of choice for listening to new music (YouTube) I was struggling to find a lot of stuff. Hot Rats, for example. Which is sad because I've always meant to explore Zappa, and the orchestral version of Peaches en Regalia I did find was nice.

I'm more easily grabbed by poppier noise, so I was pretty delighted with Foxygen, obvious that it is that they are not terribly original. But half the problem is that I need a few exposures to a lot of music before I latch onto it.

Since everybody else is listing as many albums as they want, I'll throw in a few more:

The Knife - Shaking the Habitual
Beatles - Sgt Peppers etc
Circle Takes the  Square - self titled
Beulah - When Your Heartstrings Break
Streetlight Manifesto - Keasbey  Nights
of Montreal - actually almost every album is distinct and wonderful.. but to give you an idea, try Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? and then some of his cute older stuff (Gay Parade, also Coquielicot Asleep in the Poppies is so much strange) and a bit of Satanic Panic in the Attic to finish.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies