Agricultural Policy Act of 2015 (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:39:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Agricultural Policy Act of 2015 (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Agricultural Policy Act of 2015 (Final vote)  (Read 3280 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: March 19, 2015, 11:41:04 PM »

There are some elements I could see myself supporting, but it needs to be scaled back dramatically.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 05:04:43 PM »

I still have considerable issues about this Bill. But for the sake of progress, which I believe this amendment is...

AYE
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:58:55 AM »

Could those who are passionate about this, on both sides, get in contact with me?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 08:29:18 AM »

Could we not just discuss proposals for modifying this out in the open?

I don't mind - just to de-clutter debate. This was more about background as I was starting to feel a bit lost.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 09:12:29 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2015, 09:24:40 AM by Senator Polnut »

If you're feeling a bit lost, I'd encourage you to re-read the thread.

That's what I have been doing - I appreciate the input from Al, who gives me, a city person, the insights I need to form a strong enough opinion. I admit Ag policy has never been a strong suit. I'm getting there.

The two issues Al brings up are first up in my head. I also have no experience of seeing union-organised farmers. But, as been brought up, if you're self employed it gets a bit unnecessary, unless we're talking about farm workers, not farm owners. There's also the difference between small-scale local farming and huge industrial farms in workforce, management etc Otherwise, it would be a lobbying shop, more than anything else.

In relation to section 4 - I don't agree that it's pure pork, but it's definitely very, very close. Also don't like debate that has TBD when talking about funding. How much are we talking about here, I'm happy to enable more support for those areas, but equally, I'd want to know how much.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 05:05:43 PM »

The other issue about organising is to consider the impacts of the existing commodities markets on the ability of farmers to work collectively, when it risks undermining the competitiveness of Atlasian produce IF they try to uniformly push up the base price beyond the established market price.

However, I think Hagrid's amendment is a positive development and will support it.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 07:09:29 PM »

On the collective bargaining stuff, I can see the benefits in a general sense to ensure maximum benefit to Atlasian farmers. But of course, we can't endorse anything that will make our produce commercially nonviable. But putting that to one side, it strikes me as a superfluous element that will do little harm by being there.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 07:06:40 PM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies