Agricultural Policy Act of 2015 (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:01:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Agricultural Policy Act of 2015 (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Agricultural Policy Act of 2015 (Final vote)  (Read 3289 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: April 08, 2015, 11:21:35 AM »

This bill doesn't seem particularly objectionable at the moment, and sections 3 and 4 look very positive but I'd like to go back to something the Attorney General (who, as a non townie, knows a lot about farming) said. Is there any real demand from farmers for collective bargaining? As in, would we, at great expense, be setting up something that no one would use?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:51:39 AM »

Hagrid's amendment is a very good step.

Just a few scattered points:

1. I especially like section 4.1. As has been hinted at earlier the economies of scale and the land cost issue mean that promoting urban food production is not about trying to increase the amount of food, or lower costs or anything. But allotments in particular encourage outdoor activity allow people to save money on food bills and generally make cities more pleasant.
2. I'm not entirely convinced about the agricultural tourism thing  but I'm willing to go with it if that's what the senate want.
3. I think the change to section 3 makes it more useful to the actual problems faced by agriculture at the moment, something I freely confess to, that is urban ignorance of basic farming.
4. Finally, as Al was mentioning before, surely farmers, by virtue of being independent farmers have the right to collectively bargain with whoever they like? I can understand supporting that though, as a way to stop the gradual increase of Big Agriculture.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:42:41 AM »

Sorry for the delay people, I guess I've just been unhealthily influenced by waiting to vote on all the bills during my time as speaker Tongue But I do think it's a good thing to wait for a while in case unforseen problems come up. That said, I'm now happy to sign this bill, and believe it will be a step forward for farmers in this country.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]

X Bore
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies